The NASCAR Thread
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The NASCAR Thread

This is a discussion on The NASCAR Thread within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I was just thinking we should have a thread about NASCAR because who does not like making a left turn at 200 MPH?...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The NASCAR Thread

The NASCAR Thread

I was just thinking we should have a thread about NASCAR because who does not like making a left turn at 200 MPH?
    Marica, hawgrider, Slippy and 3 others like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

I went to two races at the Monster Mile in my life. The first one and the last one.

Nothing against it just never got into it.
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

One of my many favorite "Days" are NASCAR'S "Short Track Saturday Nights"! And the Road Courses where you can make Left Turns & Right Turns!

https://www.nascar.com/
    Inor likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

NASCAR needs to go back to a driver and few of his friends building the car with what ever they can scrape up after the house bills are paid. I know won't happen. But growing up racing was a sport most could get into. Now rich company program.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    NASCAR needs to go back to a driver and few of his friends building the car with what ever they can scrape up after the house bills are paid. I know won't happen. But growing up racing was a sport most could get into. Now rich company program.
    The Big Question in NASCAR over the last number of years;

How do you become a Millionaire in NASCAR?

Start off as a Billionaire...

(Left Turn!?)

Let me tell you. There was a time when I thought Nascar was the cutting edge of automotive revolution. It served as a sharp learning curve for engineers to learn how to gain more from a car, engine, driver, and track surface. But with rules as rigid as a Lock blade, but interpretive executive privilege which allows them to make calls as fast as a switch blade, we have seen them begin to turn the sport into a more politically correct institute and reduce all opportunities of the smaller teams. This includes allowing NASCAR drivers to race across the various classes. There should be opportunity within the leagues/classes for young teams to move up and then potentially unseat larger teams for big sponsorship.
    BUt I suspect that I'm just being blunt and not getting to the point. I put Nascar behind me and lost interest. It no longer held the sheen of interest or the polished appeal it once had. So I took a hard right and decided that Nascar just didn't cut it for me anymore.
    Slippy likes this.

I record and watch most of the races. I skip commercials and save time. Big money has changed has changed it a lot over the years. The rules are designed to create equal racing. Guess what, about six teams out of 37 win win 90% of the races. That is the way it has always been. It proves that people still matter.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikepole20 View Post
    I record and watch most of the races. I skip commercials and save time. Big money has changed has changed it a lot over the years. The rules are designed to create equal racing. Guess what, about six teams out of 37 win win 90% of the races. That is the way it has always been. It proves that people still matter.

I agree, but that takes the leaps ahead in automotive ingenuity out of the game and forces a slow evolution over time. I think they are enhancing the driver/crew aspect but retarding the ingenuity and design parts.

I agree. The rules are so tight that there is very little difference between makes of cars. Ingenuity is now is just in the very fine little details of car set up and stuff; and which driver does not have his wallet stuck between his gas pedal and the floorboard. I still enjoy it and actually wager a little on DraftKings. That makes it more fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    Let me tell you. There was a time when I thought Nascar was the cutting edge of automotive revolution. It served as a sharp learning curve for engineers to learn how to gain more from a car, engine, driver, and track surface. But with rules as rigid as a Lock blade, but interpretive executive privilege which allows them to make calls as fast as a switch blade, we have seen them begin to turn the sport into a more politically correct institute and reduce all opportunities of the smaller teams. This includes allowing NASCAR drivers to race across the various classes. There should be opportunity within the leagues/classes for young teams to move up and then potentially unseat larger teams for big sponsorship.
    BUt I suspect that I'm just being blunt and not getting to the point. I put Nascar behind me and lost interest. It no longer held the sheen of interest or the polished appeal it once had. So I took a hard right and decided that Nascar just didn't cut it for me anymore.
    ^^^ THAT ^^^ is a BRILLIANT reply! ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!! Thanks for the laughs! You da mang!
    Last edited by Inor; 01-16-2020 at 09:21 PM.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links