Frozen chicken water update - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Frozen chicken water update

This is a discussion on Frozen chicken water update within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 Using the metal waters with the heater that sits under them like a hot plate seems to work pretty darn good ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Frozen chicken water update

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Using the metal waters with the heater that sits under them like a hot plate seems to work pretty darn good simple last for years
    Yup Standard chicken fountain and hot plate is what I use.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

we have an indoor only heater base that turns on at freezing - works great sitting the plastic water feed on top of it.
    We then bought an outdoor dog heated water bowl that also works great, except it's on or off - no temperature control.
    Solar controlled would be a good idea for a 12V DC based one, but not there...

We have a small solar panel connected to the 6V DC automatic chicken door That works great!

Peace,
    Michael J.

Frozen chicken water update-20200117_110154.jpg
    Frozen chicken water update-20200117_110157.jpg

As you can not really see, I just wrapped the heat tape around the tube, installed a new chicken cup (Amazon), had to drive a wooden pin and epoxy it in the old worn out hole, and then wrapped the heat tape with silver tape.
    Havent had a single problem YET, I also put a support under the water tube, to take the stress off the cup, as it goes through the fence.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We just added a 60' length of heated cable to the top of the chicken awning off their coop. Since there's bird netting on top, it's tough to clean off the snow when it accumulates. We'll see how it works out with the next snow fall...The awning is 12' x 8'

For now, we're just getting rain again

Peace,
    Michael J.
    Deebo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
    We just added a 60' length of heated cable to the top of the chicken awning off their coop. Since there's bird netting on top, it's tough to clean off the snow when it accumulates. We'll see how it works out with the next snow fall...The awning is 12' x 8'

For now, we're just getting rain again

Peace,
    Michael J.
    I'm not really expecting more snow this winter, are you?
    Michael_Js likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    I'm not really expecting more snow this winter, are you?
    Nope. I told my wife the 50+ temp yesterday signaled Spring! She laughed...

Peace,
    Michael J.

I have a 5 gallon waterer that sits on top of a round ring about 6 to 8 inches high with one of those ceramic light fixtures attached to the side of it (in side)
    I use a 60 or 75 watt bulb if the bulbs out I just replace it these is old school but it works for me, no problem at below 0 temps
    This probably could be made out of one of those large cookie tins it needs holes put in so the light bulb doesn't get hot and burn out

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links