Snow is coming
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Snow is coming

This is a discussion on Snow is coming within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; We have not had winter in this part of Wisconsin this year. Not overly cold for very long at a time and what little snow ...

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Snow is coming

Snow is coming

We have not had winter in this part of Wisconsin this year. Not overly cold for very long at a time and what little snow that has fallen melted away quickly. Tonight a few inches of ice and snow mix on the way followed by mid to later tomorrow 8-13 inches of snow. Normal year that would not be a real major event. This year it maybe a mess. Finally put the snow plow on the ATV gassed it up today. Moved a few things out of the way. Fired up generators , they run.
    Wood on trailer close to the house if needed. Plenty of coffee we are ready.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

It is an un-seasonably warm 68 degrees F today with no wind or rain but expecting a large squall line to come through tomorrow am or so. Like Smitty, we are ready.
    Prepared One and Denton like this.

It's snowing here right now. This is supposed to be our 1st big event, we usually have 2 to 3' on the ground here by now. We've had 2" so far this winter. Crazy year.
    Denton likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not even that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Smitty, you beat me to it. I was listening to the radio and finishing dinner when I heard the in-depth forecast. Well, I have a 4WD F-150 with 3/4s of a tank of premium. Let me know if I have to pull you out of a ditch...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Smitty, you beat me to it. I was listening to the radio and finishing dinner when I heard the in-depth forecast. Well, I have a 4WD F-150 with 3/4s of a tank of premium. Let me know if I have to pull you out of a ditch...
    Settled in no where to go except church Sunday.. Have the AWD Edge if needed. Nice part of living out of town , we are kind of use to staying put. I may play on one of the ATV's tomorrow.
    Denton likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

73 here and humid. We are getting storms in through the night tho. Could get a little rough they say. We have had very little cold here this year. Usually January and February are our wettest and coldest.
    Denton likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Western Washington doesn't routinely get snow every winter. Most years we might get a dusting once or twice. Occasionally we have a lot, like we did in December 2008, where we had 24 inches on the ground. That was the best December of my life. We've had a very mild winter so far, but we do have snow predicted for next Tuesday through Thursday with lows in the teens and highs below freezing.
    JustAnotherNut likes this.

We, in central MN are supposed to get snow starting Sunday. About 3" from Sunday to Monday and then some More Wednesday, but nothing large. Good to here you "Sconi Folk" getting pounded instead.
    You deserve it!

Up north we are all happy that it's going south and we will be missed. To bad it wasn't holding off for the Packer game. Nothing like a playoff game in a blizzard.
    Slippy and Smitty901 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Western Washington doesn't routinely get snow every winter. Most years we might get a dusting once or twice. Occasionally we have a lot, like we did in December 2008, where we had 24 inches on the ground. That was the best December of my life. We've had a very mild winter so far, but we do have snow predicted for next Tuesday through Thursday with lows in the teens and highs below freezing.
    Don't forget the Snowpocalypse we had last year in February.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links