Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Snow is coming

12K views 164 replies 21 participants last post by  Smitty901 
#1 ·
We have not had winter in this part of Wisconsin this year. Not overly cold for very long at a time and what little snow that has fallen melted away quickly. Tonight a few inches of ice and snow mix on the way followed by mid to later tomorrow 8-13 inches of snow. Normal year that would not be a real major event. This year it maybe a mess. Finally put the snow plow on the ATV gassed it up today. Moved a few things out of the way. Fired up generators , they run.
Wood on trailer close to the house if needed. Plenty of coffee we are ready.

#4 ·
Smitty, you beat me to it. I was listening to the radio and finishing dinner when I heard the in-depth forecast. Well, I have a 4WD F-150 with 3/4s of a tank of premium. Let me know if I have to pull you out of a ditch...

#5 ·
Settled in no where to go except church Sunday.. Have the AWD Edge if needed. Nice part of living out of town , we are kind of use to staying put. I may play on one of the ATV's tomorrow.

Reactions: Denton
#6 ·
73 here and humid. We are getting storms in through the night tho. Could get a little rough they say. We have had very little cold here this year. Usually January and February are our wettest and coldest.

Reactions: Denton
#7 ·
Western Washington doesn't routinely get snow every winter. Most years we might get a dusting once or twice. Occasionally we have a lot, like we did in December 2008, where we had 24 inches on the ground. That was the best December of my life. We've had a very mild winter so far, but we do have snow predicted for next Tuesday through Thursday with lows in the teens and highs below freezing.

#11 ·
They are predicting 1 to 5" here... thanks, that really helps me prepare. I don't really care, I don't even pay attention to the weather info. I wake up and do what's necessary, might have to shovel the apartment complex I work, might not. Doesn't matter.

#15 ·
Mid 80's for at least the next week.

Winter in North Florida - the struggle is real.

#24 · (Edited)
Wind is about 20 mph. There must have been ice with the snow it is not blowing. Latter today is when the real snow is suppose to come. They have lowered the snow to 3-6 inches now.
Knowing this was coming, Have some side pork ready to fry ,cornbread to make and eggs. Once the side pork goes in the pan the dogs will be excited.

Attachments

#28 · (Edited)
Going to be record breaking highs this weekend here, 60's to 70's.

Has been around 10-15 degrees for the last week in the mornings.

Rained in the afternoon turning to ice in the evening, sucks!

5:51 PM DST, been 65 all day most of the ice has melted away.

Oil burner was shut off and a propane room heater has run on low up till now.

#33 ·
The biggest tragedy for me is that I think I'm running low on coffee!
How is that even possible? And you call yourself a prepper?!? Do you mean to say you need to brew another pot? Or that you are actually almost out of coffee?? I've never heard of such a thing!

I just don't know what to say. Think I'll step into the garage and watch the rain & flooding and try to come to grips with this situation.

#35 · (Edited)
How is that even possible? And you call yourself a prepper?!? Do you mean to say you need to brew another pot?
Oy, vey, I had a weird computer glitch, perhaps from the bad weather. The computer started making back-slashes and I couldn't get it stopped.

BTW, girl, the coffee pot is running full strength, and worse case scenario, there's Copp's right across the highway. Both my wife and I have 4WD vehicles. I can get there...

#57 ·
My one ice fishing experience was so weird. The lake had frozen, then it snowed. Then the snow on top of the ice melted, then that froze. so there was a layer of ice about 1.5 inches thick, water (not sure how deep), then a thick layer of ice. I only weighed about a hundred pounds at the time so I was fine, but the guys I was with broke through that top layer of ice a few times. It was kind of terrifying the first time.

#38 ·
Seems they are calling off the snow for the rest of today .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.