Snow is coming - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Snow is coming

This is a discussion on Snow is coming within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by The Tourist @Smitty901 , it's now 8:00AM and I just got up. The nice thing about a layer of snow is that ...

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Snow is coming

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    @Smitty901, it's now 8:00AM and I just got up. The nice thing about a layer of snow is that it gets very quiet here for sleeping. You mentioned the wind, and we have several tall, slender old-growth trees in our green space, and they are really swaying! As for my dog, he was at the foot of the bed, snoring...
    Dogs have been out twice , did not stay long. They have indicated that two peaces of side pork is not a far share and demanding more. Fed Granddaughter. Made wife Side pork , Pancakes topped with avocado and fresh strawberries with an over easy egg.
    Debating if I want to plow the snow or not. As always here the coffee is flowing.
    This looks like a good day to fiddle around with a couple rifles that may need some work.
    SGG and Slippy like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Debating if I want to plow the snow or not. As always here the coffee is flowing. This looks like a good day to fiddle around with a couple rifles that may need some work.
    I'd wait on the plowing, I heard it's coming in two phases. I'm in a little suburban burg about eight miles east of Madison proper. The city has already plowed my tertiary street, which usually means there was some ice on it.

I'm glad you have rifles to tend to, I think everything is sharp here. The biggest tragedy for me is that I think I'm running low on coffee!
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

The biggest tragedy for me is that I think I'm running low on coffee!
    How is that even possible? And you call yourself a prepper?!? Do you mean to say you need to brew another pot? Or that you are actually almost out of coffee?? I've never heard of such a thing!

I just don't know what to say. Think I'll step into the garage and watch the rain & flooding and try to come to grips with this situation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Very strange weather 54 oF now, heavy RAIN tomorrow, 22 oF sunday night

Kind of scary trying to ice fish now.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    How is that even possible? And you call yourself a prepper?!? Do you mean to say you need to brew another pot?
    Oy, vey, I had a weird computer glitch, perhaps from the bad weather. The computer started making back-slashes and I couldn't get it stopped.

BTW, girl, the coffee pot is running full strength, and worse case scenario, there's Copp's right across the highway. Both my wife and I have 4WD vehicles. I can get there...
    Last edited by The Tourist; 01-11-2020 at 07:54 AM.
    Marica likes this.

Delete.
    Last edited by The Tourist; 01-11-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Yikes, I was having computer problems! It seems to have stopped.
    Last edited by The Tourist; 01-11-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Seems they are calling off the snow for the rest of today .
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Seems they are calling off the snow for the rest of today .
    I'm glad you posted that. All I'm getting now is talk shows--on investing. What I need to invest in is a bigger snowthrower...

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    You have all those poison snakes, giant poisonous bugs and alligators. Gimme the snow any old day over that. Plus its so humid a person can barely breath in summertime.
    Yeah, the south has it's critters. Had to stomp a scorpion the other day at a job site. Not an unusual occurrence here in the south that you have to stomp something in order to keep from being stung, bit, or eaten. Then again, when we do get the occasional snow down here, you take your life into your own hands if you get out and try to drive with these bastards who can barely drive when the weather is perfect.
    rice paddy daddy, Marica and Annie like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links