Snow is coming - Page 16
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Snow is coming

This is a discussion on Snow is coming within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 You are not correct Sheriff is the one that decides if condition allow them to be used. One word from the ...

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Snow is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    You are not correct Sheriff is the one that decides if condition allow them to be used. One word from the Sheriff and they are closed or open to public use. They trial has run across my property for 40 years now.
    Back at yeah. The individual county clubs decide when the trails open and close. Sheriff/LE doesn't have any input as they don't know a thing about the trails conditions. Whether they are ready or safe to open. Was one of the guys that helped decide and opened/closed the gates. Yeah my phone number was on the list if ANY issues. Prerun the trails for safety, put up the signs, built bridges, cleared trees and dealt with the constant whiny land owners etc. Was a trail section leader, land owner, groomer operator, and club member for over 20 years.

Sure LE can close part of it for an emergency that I'll give you. Other then a safety issue never talked to LE about anything trial related.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Back at yeah. The individual county clubs decide when the trails open and close. Sheriff/LE doesn't have any input as they don't know a thing about the trails conditions. Whether they are ready or safe to open. Was one of the guys that helped decide and opened/closed the gates. Yeah my phone number was on the list if ANY issues. Prerun the trails for safety, put up the signs, built bridges, cleared trees and dealt with the constant whiny land owners etc. Was a trail section leader, land owner, groomer operator, and club member for over 20 years.

Sure LE can close part of it for an emergency that I'll give you. Other then a safety issue never talked to LE about anything trial related.
    Club does not have the legal authority. There is nothing that say a Sheriff can't delegate to some one. As a land owner with a trail I allow I have dealt with a few issue over the years. None caused by those that use it. They are a good bunch. One case was when the trails were closed by the sheriff . And some were riding on my land. They were stopped. I had given them permission to ride out there so the issued ended there. One was a minor one with young person that wandered off the trail and was stopped . He was just lost. All it took was inform the Sheriff I did not care if he was riding there and point him to the trail.
    Only reason trails have been closed is ground condition. Ground not frozen or no snow cover.
    The trail use to run a short distance on land south of me. That land was sold and the owners hated any off off road activity. The local club came and talked with me about cutting through a small corner. When we went out and look it made more sense (safety) to change the route a bit and run them across my land at an angle. They loved it, gave them a place to open the sleds up. To this day never an issue with the riders.
    My agreement with them is simple soon as the corn is off go for it and of course when the snow is gone.

Q . Are there official dates on which trails open and close?A . Trail openings and closings are determined at the county level. Land owner easements usually dictate the earliest and latest the trails can open and close. Normally, these easements run from December 1st through March 31st. Each county usually has a “trail hotline” number that provides the most recent status of their trails.Q . I know I can ride the ditch, 10 feet from a county or state
    Last edited by Smitty901; 01-19-2020 at 04:49 AM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Back to the weather - Snow all gone...rain back

peace,
    Michael J.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
    Back to the weather - Snow all gone...rain back

peace,
    Michael J.
    We have a good covering of snow. 1 below this morning up to 13 degrees now.
    Winter has shown up. We do need some of the cold to kill off pest
    Last edited by Smitty901; 01-19-2020 at 10:32 AM.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Big Ram with a big Boss V-plow. I can't see over the hood, lol. Next spring I'll get comfortable running one of the smaller snow pushers. Colder, but do-able.
    Adapt and overcome. To see over the hood:

So you can still reach the peddles:

jk

Yes, he was wearing a helmet, it's why he's still alive.
    <insert thumbs up emoji here>
    MountainGirl likes this.

@Crunch I haven't seen a hard copy phone book in at least 10 years.
    Smitty901 likes this.

Ready. You?

Plowed some of the snow, more coming the end of the week figure may as well push some of it back. Should have rode over and got one of the CamAm's . Polaris is a peace junk. At best it works. Some.

Big Ram with a big Boss V-plow. I can't see over the hood, lol. Next spring I'll get comfortable running one of the smaller snow pushers. Colder, but do-able.

Yes, he was wearing a helmet, it's why he's still alive.
    You pick up one of those add on back up camera wireless type. Mount it on the front instead of the rear, wire the reverse light wire to a hot 12 volt so it stay on all the time and plow away.
    MountainGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    You pick up one of those add on back up camera wireless type. Mount it on the front instead of the rear, wire the reverse light wire to a hot 12 volt so it stay on all the time and plow away.
    Great idea!
    And, if I could get in to town to pick one up - then I wouldn't need to plow! lol
    Tom should be able to climb in the Ram in a few days; he'll get us out. And, if not, we're good till spring. Always,
    we are prepped for the possibility of being snowed in for months at a time. It's all good here on Peaceful Mountain. Thanks everybody!
    Smitty901 likes this.
    Ready. You?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Sponsored Links