Snow is coming - Page 15
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Snow is coming

This is a discussion on Snow is coming within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by MountainGirl At least you get services eventually, LOL Plows stop 1 mile from the bottom of the mountain. Tried getting out this ...

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Snow is coming

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    At least you get services eventually, LOL Plows stop 1 mile from the bottom of the mountain. Tried getting out this morning; failed. My personal plow-guy is laid up with a concussion & broken ribs...so I'm in for a while.
    We have a Tractor with bucket, two CamAm commanders with plow ,Polaris Ace with plow and blow engine again. ATV with plow and a couple trucks that will go through just about anything. Even if you don't need it everyday when you do . It is nice to have.
    We have used the equipment often to get others out that had to.
    Now the wind is picking up, this was a lighter snow so it will blow.
    MountainGirl likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    We have a Tractor with bucket, two CamAm commanders with plow ,Polaris Ace with plow and blow engine again. ATV with plow and a couple trucks that will go through just about anything. Even if you don't need it everyday when you do . It is nice to have.
    We have used the equipment often to get others out that had to.
    Now the wind is picking up, this was a lighter snow so it will blow.
    We've got a couple ways to push snow as well; always a good idea to have options!
    Smitty901 likes this.
    Ready. You?

This:

It was on a steep section, sled dropped over the edge of a side-cut trail, rolled half way down, he was thrown into trees. Luckily - the guys he was riding with was able to get him back to the cabin & went and got his sled out too. From the way it was told, it shoulda killed him.

So...I'll be doing his chores for a while along with mine; like hiking up top (snowshoes) to clean off the array, filling the gen - those 5gal cans are heavy, tromping out to the wood piles, etc. I dont mind, gives me something to do...and town can wait. Especially as my Outback is over the edge part way down. It usually does pretty well up on these goat trails, snow or bare, but I guess everything has it's limits. LOL
    Wow, that's scary. He is lucky he's only got a concussion and broken ribs. It could have been so much worse. Praying for a speedy recovery for him.
    MountainGirl and Crunch like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I was looking forward to enough snow to try out my tractor/bucket. 2 inches of slush isn’t enough. But I’m sure sooner or later the snow will come. Here it has been an usually warm winter with little snowfall. Actually, it would be great if I didn’t get to use the tractor all winter.
    MountainGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Wow, that's scary. He is lucky he's only got a concussion and broken ribs. It could have been so much worse. Praying for a speedy recovery for him.
    Holy Moly MG! Glad he's relatively okay. Prayers up!
    MountainGirl and Crunch like this.

It was on a steep section, sled dropped over the edge of a side-cut trail, rolled half way down, he was thrown into trees. Luckily - the guys he was riding with was able to get him back to the cabin & went and got his sled out too. From the way it was told, it shoulda killed him.
    Glad to hear it wasn't anything worse. A concussion isn't trivial though, especially when snowed in. Keep a close eye on him, and get comfortable driving that nice truck (Ram and Western plow?) I saw you had in an earlier pic.

Finally got enough snow for a good ride here, but wet+heavy snow, not like the powder we got a few days back. And not near any cliffs!

I shouldn't have been driving alone, I know. If you don't mind my asking MG, was he wearing a helmet?
    MountainGirl likes this.

It was up to 30 degrees today. Now it is 13 degrees, 6 degrees by morning. The wind is hitting 20 mph. The change in temperature must have locked the snow down it is not blowing. For what ever reason Sheriff has not opened the snowmobile trails yet. Of course they can not spot you from riding on Private land with owners permission.
    MountainGirl likes this.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

Sheriff doesn't have anything to do with the trails in WI. Many years working on the trails and many hours in a groomer.
    MountainGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Glad to hear it wasn't anything worse. A concussion isn't trivial though, especially when snowed in. Keep a close eye on him, and get comfortable driving that nice truck (Ram and Western plow?) I saw you had in an earlier pic.

Finally got enough snow for a good ride here, but wet+heavy snow, not like the powder we got a few days back. And not near any cliffs!

I shouldn't have been driving alone, I know. If you don't mind my asking MG, was he wearing a helmet?
    Big Ram with a big Boss V-plow. I can't see over the hood, lol. Next spring I'll get comfortable running one of the smaller snow pushers. Colder, but do-able.

Yes, he was wearing a helmet, it's why he's still alive.
    Ready. You?

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Sheriff doesn't have anything to do with the trails in WI. Many years working on the trails and many hours in a groomer.
    You are not correct Sheriff is the one that decides if condition allow them to be used. One word from the Sheriff and they are closed or open to public use. They trial has run across my property for 40 years now.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Sponsored Links