My Most Expensive Prep Yet
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on My Most Expensive Prep Yet within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I'm buying a house. My first house to be exact. It's not a done deal yet but we have the inspection this weekend and if ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: My Most Expensive Prep Yet

Super Moderator

I'm buying a house. My first house to be exact. It's not a done deal yet but we have the inspection this weekend and if all goes well I'll sign the papers.

Current city I live in has a population of 352K. City the new house is in has a population of 8,720. The property is an acre, which I'm sure sounds small to most of you, but finding this in So. Cal for the price is pretty rare. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath with a huge family room, walk in pantry, new roof, new HVAC and new windows throughout. The house is nice but I am most excited about the property itself. The property has a separate workshop, large chicken coop, and large garden area. The property also comes with a few trees...apple, lemon, lime and cherry. Also two huge avocado trees. When I open my front door and look across the street all I will see is orange groves which stretch to the base of the mountain I posted a pic of the other day. Only neighbors I will have will be one next door and one a bit behind me. Also I am moving to a county that is much more 2A friendly.

Here's a pic of the chicken coop with the house in the background.

My Most Expensive Prep Yet-chicken-coop.jpg
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Squatch turned chicken farmer? Hmm ... OK .....
    But ... the home purchase, now it is a slam dunk. Nice move Squatch!
    Sasquatch likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Congratulations Sas. Sounds like you found a gem. Always exciting and just a bit scary when you buy your first house. I bought my first house when I was 25 I think and had no clue what I was getting into. I see you decided to skip the one with the solar panels.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Buying and or building a home can be stressful
    Sasquatch and Michael_Js like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Sounds like the wild squatch is become domesticated!
    Sasquatch and tuffy_chick_13 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I'm buying a house. My first house to be exact. It's not a done deal yet but we have the inspection this weekend and if all goes well I'll sign the papers.

Current city I live in has a population of 352K. City the new house is in has a population of 8,720. The property is an acre, which I'm sure sounds small to most of you, but finding this in So. Cal for the price is pretty rare. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath with a huge family room, walk in pantry, new roof, new HVAC and new windows throughout. The house is nice but I am most excited about the property itself. The property has a separate workshop, large chicken coop, and large garden area. The property also comes with a few trees...apple, lemon, lime and cherry. Also two huge avocado trees. When I open my front door and look across the street all I will see is orange groves which stretch to the base of the mountain I posted a pic of the other day. Only neighbors I will have will be one next door and one a bit behind me. Also I am moving to a county that is much more 2A friendly.

Here's a pic of the chicken coop with the house in the background.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chicken coop.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	101737
    EXCELLENT! Enjoy the journey of preparing the house and land.

But know this;

Stuff will Break so fix it and move along. Do your best to maintain things so that they do not break but eventually stuff breaks. When the kids put a hole in the wall, teach them how to patch drywall! Make this a learning experience preparing your kids for their first home. Also know that in some cases, Water and Termites are your enemy, treat them as such and prepare for their possible evil and you'll be fine.

Post some pics of your improvements and other such nonsense so that we can either congratulate you or bust your ass for doing something stupid! Also know that if you do something outside the home that "requires" a permit from your county, through the marvels of technology, they will probably catch you!

Congratulations!
    Sasquatch, Marica, SGG and 2 others like this.

Slippy is right about doing anything outside. Talked to the county about a planned upcoming project. They pulled up a very detailed aerial picture of my property and asked me to point out the plan. So they have proof of what you own and if it changes.

Good luck and enjoy the new digs. Nothing like owning a nice piece of property. Making that payment and taxes gets old really quick.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Congratulations Sas. Sounds like you found a gem. Always exciting and just a bit scary when you buy your first house. I bought my first house when I was 25 I think and had no clue what I was getting into. I see you decided to skip the one with the solar panels.
    Yep, bypassed the solar house. Besides the worry of the panels they were asking a little too much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Prepared One likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Slippy is right about doing anything outside. Talked to the county about a planned upcoming project. They pulled up a very detailed aerial picture of my property and asked me to point out the plan. So they have proof of what you own and if it changes.

Good luck and enjoy the new digs. Nothing like owning a nice piece of property. Making that payment and taxes gets old really quick.
    Believed it or not my mortgage payment will be a little lower than the rent on my last apartment. That's good ol' California for ya.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Marica, Michael_Js, SGG and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator

Awesome, Squatch! Good luck with the home inspection!
    Sasquatch likes this.
    "Who is She that comes forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as a army set in battle array?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links