My Most Expensive Prep Yet - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Most Expensive Prep Yet

This is a discussion on My Most Expensive Prep Yet within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Yee Haw! Welcome to Home Sweet Home Money Pit I hope all goes well! Peace, Michael J....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: My Most Expensive Prep Yet

Yee Haw! Welcome to Home Sweet Home Money Pit

I hope all goes well!
    Peace,
    Michael J.

Sas,

It's not the home, it's the WIFE!!! That takes up $$$$......

Live and learn.....
    Sasquatch and Michael_Js like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Sas,

It's not the home, it's the WIFE!!! That takes up $$$$......

Live and learn.....
    Oh I know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

@Sasquatch

When do you move in?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    @Sasquatch

When do you move in?
    It'll most likely be the beginning of January. Why, you wanna come over and help?

I'll probably end up doing a little painting before we actually end up moving in so in reality it maybe more like mid January before we are fully in the house.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

More power to you! Glad you are transitioning to a more conservative area of Cali. I think coastal California is the most beautiful place ever. It's just infested with turds. Hold down the fort, keep your powder dry and if ya'll need some Volunteers give us a hollar!
    Sasquatch likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    ... Why, you wanna come over and help?...

Sasquatch likes this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I'm buying a house. My first house to be exact. It's not a done deal yet but we have the inspection this weekend and if all goes well I'll sign the papers.

Current city I live in has a population of 352K. City the new house is in has a population of 8,720. The property is an acre, which I'm sure sounds small to most of you, but finding this in So. Cal for the price is pretty rare. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath with a huge family room, walk in pantry, new roof, new HVAC and new windows throughout. The house is nice but I am most excited about the property itself. The property has a separate workshop, large chicken coop, and large garden area. The property also comes with a few trees...apple, lemon, lime and cherry. Also two huge avocado trees. When I open my front door and look across the street all I will see is orange groves which stretch to the base of the mountain I posted a pic of the other day. Only neighbors I will have will be one next door and one a bit behind me. Also I am moving to a county that is much more 2A friendly.

Here's a pic of the chicken coop with the house in the background.

Attachment 101737
    Congratulations on getting away from the big city.
    Invest in some chainlink fence, preferably 6 foot high, and attach it to those roof supports on the chicken house. 1 1/4" galvanized fence staples will hold it. You can buy a premade gate.

Then, do your homework before you go chicken wrangling.
    www.backyardchickens.com
    www.chickenforum.com

There's nothing finer than eggs fresh from your own hens.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Us old Texas boys with NC ancestry would say you done cut a fat hog in the ass Sir! Great job on snagging that fine place. I am here to help when it comes time to make some Cowboy wine out of of some of that fruit you got around there. I stil have five gallons from two years ago but been afriad to drink any since I fell down and couldnt get up last winter. The Baby boy finally showed up to give me a boost.
    Sasquatch and Slippy like this.

Good for you Sas! When I think of all the years of renting putting money in someone else's pocket I wished I had bought a home sooner. But, I was kind of a transient for a while.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links