Opening day Gun deer hunt
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Opening day Gun deer hunt within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Thanksgiving is the opening day for the first Gun deer hunt of the season. It was looking sad for the hunters with all the corn ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Opening day Gun deer hunt

Thanksgiving is the opening day for the first Gun deer hunt of the season. It was looking sad for the hunters with all the corn still in the fields. Those that hunt my land will be happy it is being combined right now. This time of year towards the end of the day they come out in the open and dine on the corn the fell to the ground. Easy pickings for a good shot. I wish them luck.
    And to the rest of you I wish you luck on your hunts.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I have only been once during muzzleloader this year. I am a train wreck this year with gout and injuries. Tennessee gun opens in the morning. I'll be there on my farm but I don't know how long I'll last. It's raining to boot.
    Smitty901 and Prepared One like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    I have only been once during muzzleloader this year. I am a train wreck this year with gout and injuries. Tennessee gun opens in the morning. I'll be there on my farm but I don't know how long I'll last. It's raining to boot.
    We just finished the first Bow only hunt. Wisconsin runs a bunch of hunting periods. Muzzleloader is another of them
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

Rut in this area of Florida is in early October, and general gun season opened first Saturday in November.
    Archery opens in September, followed by black powder, then general gun. Season on deer ends in January.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

@Smitty , does the season start date vary depending what part of the state you hunt in? Wis DNR lists Nov 23 as opening day of gun deer hunting.

P.S. Just so you don't get shook up if you hear shooting on your property this weekend.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 11-22-2019 at 07:33 PM.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Will be doing traditional BP/ML rifle from Monday after Turkey day until New Years Eve.

Lots of acorns this year, apples too but they are getting mushy. Beech nuts were good but long gone.

I'm a stalker/still hunter, hope for quiet conditions and wet/fresh snow. Rather chase/stalk one 20 miles than sit in a stand. You learn a lot more stalkng them, and it's more fun too.
    Last edited by Mad Trapper; 11-22-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Are group is anxiously awaiting opening day to continue our hunting tradition, three generations of our family are going this year......
    Slippy, hawgrider and dwight55 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Rut in this area of Florida is in early October, and general gun season opened first Saturday in November.
    Archery opens in September, followed by black powder, then general gun. Season on deer ends in January.
    I was under the impression rut was nearly in February down there. November here, December Alabama, January in Mobile etc.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    First time since 1973 that I've ever missed an opening day firearm deer season. Bummer but shit happens. Smokepole season is coming up maybe I'll get revenge?
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Not hunting this year lost interest after 45 plus years. It's no fun to just sit in a stand waiting to ambush a animal anymore. Neighbor is taking his young daughter out on my property Saturday morning. Why not allow others enjoy hunting especially the younger kids. Heck I'm not using it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links