Everybody is afraid of something.

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Everybody is afraid of something. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Like most guys, I think the concept of "ego" enters into our daily lives and helps define us. Along with that issue, is the problem ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Everybody is afraid of something.

Like most guys, I think the concept of "ego" enters into our daily lives and helps define us. Along with that issue, is the problem of facing one's fears. That's where I am today.

I am a hypochondriac. I have been since I was a little boy. I have a good doctor and a therapist (whom I just went to see) and perhaps that's why the old bugaboo churned up again. Of course, as you know, my 70th birthday comes in April. The "round number" might be hitting me.

Oh, I take good care of myself but nothing I do, or ponder or do research upon ever satisfies the fears. The abject fear can hit me during a sound sleep or just walking out to get the mail. And this state is an embarrassment as well as a terror. Even if I passed a string of tests with my doctor--and that happens--I would still leave his office wondering if I was really okay or just in "the early stages."

I wish my fears would be something I could face and beat. Lots of guys have had a loudmouth in their lives who belittles them or implies they are simple cowards. And in that scenario I would happy to face a real commodity and get the condition over and done. But hypochondria isn't that kind of confrontation. One minute you're on top of the world and the next minute you're wondering if these are your final days.

As stated, everyone is afraid of something. This is my problem, and many tell me things like, "We're all going to die someday just live life to the fullest." Sage advice, but not a simple mindset when you're in the midst of a panic attack. I'm glad I can come here and unburden my problems. Thank all of you.
    bigwheel likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

The only thing I truly fear is @Mish and her red boots.
    Mish and Michael_Js like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Meanwhile, back at the mall;

Prepared One likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Meanwhile, back at the mall;

And they wonder why they are profiled?
    Slippy, Robie and Michael_Js like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Super Moderator

These monsters

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Prepared One and Slippy like this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    These monsters

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    My dear Mish, can we just profile stupid? It walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, just shoot it. Racism solved.
    Mish, Slippy and Michael_Js like this.

Snakes
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    Snakes
    Yes all snakes must die!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Yes all snakes must die!
    I don't mind snakes, for me it's Wasps and hornets. They creep me out and I kill them as soon as I see them. I will follow them to their nest and kill them, with extreme prejudice, every last one of the miserable bastards. I see no reason for them to be on the planet. None whatsoever.
    hawgrider and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Like most guys, I think the concept of "ego" enters into our daily lives and helps define us. Along with that issue, is the problem of facing one's fears. That's where I am today.

I am a hypochondriac. I have been since I was a little boy. I have a good doctor and a therapist (whom I just went to see) and perhaps that's why the old bugaboo churned up again. Of course, as you know, my 70th birthday comes in April. The "round number" might be hitting me.

Oh, I take good care of myself but nothing I do, or ponder or do research upon ever satisfies the fears. The abject fear can hit me during a sound sleep or just walking out to get the mail. And this state is an embarrassment as well as a terror. Even if I passed a string of tests with my doctor--and that happens--I would still leave his office wondering if I was really okay or just in "the early stages."

I wish my fears would be something I could face and beat. Lots of guys have had a loudmouth in their lives who belittles them or implies they are simple cowards. And in that scenario I would happy to face a real commodity and get the condition over and done. But hypochondria isn't that kind of confrontation. One minute you're on top of the world and the next minute you're wondering if these are your final days.

As stated, everyone is afraid of something. This is my problem, and many tell me things like, "We're all going to die someday just live life to the fullest." Sage advice, but not a simple mindset when you're in the midst of a panic attack. I'm glad I can come here and unburden my problems. Thank all of you.

I suggest that you study Stoicism. There are lots of videos on YouTube about it.
    Slippy and The Tourist like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links