Let’s Talk About “Making Your Own Justice”
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Let’s Talk About “Making Your Own Justice” within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; This is NOT a thread about taking justice into your own hands in a vigilante sense. Rather, it is about creating an environment for yourself, ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Let’s Talk About “Making Your Own Justice”

Jem

This is NOT a thread about taking justice into your own hands in a vigilante sense. Rather, it is about creating an environment for yourself, and those you care about where justice has a better chance at success.

I was on jury duty earlier this week. I responded to my summons along with 79 (21 no-shows) other citizens of my county for “Court Week’ in the State District Court. Monday morning is for hearing pleas, filing motions, and generally sorting out which cases are going to end in a trial. Of the six cases that were presented on Monday morning, only one was to result in a trial. So when the jury pool showed up Monday afternoon, there was indeed a jury to be selected.

There was the usual process of hearing excuses, exceptions, hardships and such which resulted in a pool of less than 50 (of an original 100). I was eventually selected as one of 12 jurors (plus an alternate) to hear a rape in the first and assault in the first case from 2017. After receiving our instructions from the judge and hearing opening comments from the prosecutor and the defense, the State began to make their case.

For whatever reason, the State’s case consisted of only Victim Testimony, one co-worker testimony, one expert witness, and the testimony of one Sheriff. After cross examination by the defense, the co-worker, expert and sheriff were essentially converted into defense witnesses, and the “victim” was reduced to a lying, manipulative crack(cocaine, actually)-head. After two days, the State failed utterly to make a case. There was no physical or forensic evidence. No “rape kit” or medical reports. There was no actual proof that a rape had even occurred. Only the hearsay of a single troublesome, foul-mouthed and problematic 30-something woman who was trying desperately to dodge her own legal complications.

The trial never made it to the defense’s part. The judge essentially called an end to it with a VERY minor assault plea. In reality, the woman WAS possibly brutally raped, and made to pay sexually for what she failed to pay for with cash. But we will not know this for sure in our lifetime. Neither my fellow jurors or myself were going to send a man to jail based only on her say-so.

The takeaway for me from this experience was that to have any hope of justice from our government's justice system we must keep our own homes tidy. Live clean godly lives. Be beyond reproach. Maintain credibility. Guard your integrity mercilessly. And when absolutely necessary, bury the bodies very, very deep.

p.s. As soon as the case was dismissed, the judge informed the jury that we could talk about it all we want.

Bodies??? What Bodies????
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Super Moderator

She should've gone for a test kit right away. Even then, how do you actually prove he wasn't being set up? But you're saying that if she had presented herself better she may have had a better chance at winning the case?
    Denton and San like this.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Use to work with a nice old boy who's Daddy had been the high sheriff of Marshall. Tx in the old days. 20s or 30s. He had vivid memories of a poor black guy who got accuesed of raping a white lady. He said they indicted him with the Grand Jury on Thursday..found him guilty in a jury trial Friday..and hung him out behind the jail on Sat Morning. That seemed like pretty swift justice to the untrained eye.
    RedLion and Denton like this.

Jem

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    She should've gone for a test kit right away. Even then, how do you actually prove he wasn't being set up? But you're saying that if she had presented herself better she may have had a better chance at winning the case?
    I didn't go into a lot of detail about the testimony. I figured it would drag down the story too much. To be clear - It was less about how the lady presented herself on the day of the trial than how the lady had lived. The choices she had already made. Her life was a litany of self inflicted failures and bad decisions. Her stains were too deep to be covered by anything short of the blood of Jesus.

The defense had quantifiable proof against her long-time dis-honesty and lack of credibility. As an example, the woman gave testimony to certain living circumstance that applications for government housing firmly contradicted. She bawled on the witness stand for a solid hour, yet never shed an actual tear (the defense confirmed that she had no medical diagnosis of "dry eye syndrome"). On and on. Victim or not, she was a bad person.

She testified that the defendant's parents "forced her to take a shower and washed her clothes" after the "rape". She didn't actually go to the hospital until her co-workers called an ambulance for her. (she was a CNA at a nursing home) After having a blood sample taken at the hospital, she knew she would be exposed for cocaine use. That's when the rape story first emerged - part of which was being "forced" to do cocaine.

EDIT: This woman had been in an ongoing relationship with the alleged rapist for months. Evidence of intercourse would likely not have been compelling. However, there were conditions of the rape described in testimony for which there most certainly ought have been medical evidence to support... and there was none.

I have no way of knowing what legal maneuvering was conducted prior to the trial, but a complete lack of medical reports and blood tests or ANY physical evidence by the prosecution was very sketchy to me as a juror.

In the army, we had a phrase - "Pop smoke and un-ass the AO". This woman was likely "popping smoke" She had done something bad, and in an attempt to avoid responsibility for that bad deed, she fabricated a rape-event to deflect blame for her own misdeed.
    Last edited by Jem; 11-07-2019 at 01:35 PM.
    Denton likes this.

Jem

The thread sort of diverged from my original intent.... My intent was not to bash the sorry state of society, though that's pretty much where I went. So Sorry.

I really just wanted to point out the benefits of clean living.

We've all heard the rhetoric about unequal justice for "poor people", and "disadvantaged people", etc.... In reality, boils down to unequal justice for people who have been stupid and made crappy decision after crappy decision.
    Last edited by Jem; 11-07-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    Denton, Annie, San and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    ........ In reality, boils down to unequal justice for people who have been stupid and made crappy decision after crappy decision.
    One cannot ignore the injustice for people who are just too poor to afford adequate counsel.
    San and Maine-Marine like this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Cases like those there is always a lot more to the story.
    Jury here are most often made up of unemployed, retired, older people. The DA knows what he wants and he gets them . Liberals.
    Most are fools to go to trail The DA will pea anything down to almost nothing. Except a white man and a gun involved in any way. Even it it just mentioned.
    It does come down often do stupid stuff win stupid prizes. Dig yourself in deep and no one will believe you.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 11-07-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

@Jem I got your point and agree whole heartedly. There are several things that I do firmly believe in.
    One of these is that a persons character is not a collection of all the past deeds and experiences they have endured but rather it is the lessons learned from those deeds.

Another is that others can only judge you by what they know of those past deeds, until you show them differently. These two beliefs do conflict with each other....but they are equally true because we as humans are very judgmental...and it is only through Christianity that we learn and practice the abnormal act of forgiveness. In a world without it....this lady is just a "crack ho" and most people will see her that way....even so called Christians.

Trials are cool. I was at one one time where some Park Rangers had arrested a guy for DUID..driving under influence of drugs for non tv watchers. Was on the National Seashore on Padre Island. We ran a breath test on the alleged perp who scored double naught on the test. He did admit to taking Black Mollies...which is a very cool upper invented for truck drivers..commonly called West Coast Turnarounds. Well the defendant had an up an coming Lulac Brown Power lawyer who tried to convince the Magistrate the poor kid wasnt taking speed but rather some over the counter sea sick meds called Marazine...and thats what made him act goofy. Spent about an hour ratling and giving factoids to prove his point. When he finaly STFU the little US Atty guy got up and pointed out the law that covers the topic..which says it applies to all drugs..not just illegal drugs...and Marazine is a drug just like a black molly. The smart lawyer convicted his own clent just like on the other deal. The Magistrate say guilty. lol
    Inor likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links