How crappy is the weather in your neighborhood?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How crappy is the weather in your neighborhood? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Sunday morning is usually a later time for going to the gym here at The Huber Center. However, it's cold, overcast, and constantly watered with ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: How crappy is the weather in your neighborhood?

Sunday morning is usually a later time for going to the gym here at The Huber Center. However, it's cold, overcast, and constantly watered with new incoming spells of rain. The warden kept us in today...

It is 9:15AM my time, but the sky looks ago 6:30AM to me. My wife and the SIL took off for the movies, so it's up to me to carry "the L-pill" and the home pistol. Yikes, it looks like a Freddy Krueger movie out there.

But my chores will not wait. I just got a call on the red phone from the forum chief telling me one of the moderators is under his bed again. Looks like a half-cup of macchiato and a semi-sharp knife is all I get today to yank the hidden mod back to reality...
    soyer38301 and Slippy like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Hot and Dry with no rain going on about 4 weeks at Slippy Lodge. 90-95 Degrees every damn day. Garden is about done except for the peppers. Ready for some cooler weather.
    bigwheel and Marica like this.

Still hot here in Houston, although we got a few inches of rain a couple of weeks ago. At least we are not topping 100 these days. Low 90's with no cold front in sight.
    Piratesailor and Inor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Ready for some cooler weather.
    Well, Slip, shag your butt to Wisconsin and I'll fill your pockets with cold air, rain, some gusts and little if any direct sun!

For some reason I'm looking for cooking matches and I'm sharpening--just in case. But it must be something very bad going on. The little mutt won't leave my side--and damn, if he doesn't remind me of my old parole officer...

Edit: And by "cooking matches" I mean wooden matches older than I am, not contests for the best recipe.
    Last edited by The Tourist; 09-29-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Slippy likes this.

Southern AZ has enjoyed nearly a week of fantastic weather, got over an inch or ran, and temps in the very low 80's. I'm luvin' it!
    Inor likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

I'd be luvin' it, too.

Right now I have a cup of hot coffee and a flannel shirt.

Mrs S is caring for her Mother today so me and the dogs are hanging out. Earlier I walked outside and headed to the barn with plans to bushhog my driveway just to clean it up a bit. By the time I reached the tractor I was starting to sweat so I convinced myself that the grass did not need bushogging and I'd be better served to crank up the grill and put on a couple of Cornish Hens I been marinating since last night. So I turned and walked back inside.

The dogs never left the shade of the porch...92 degrees in the morning on September 29 ain't right.

Well I am only 45 miles or so from you. It rained a bit around 0200 on and off. Then started pouring at sun up and been raining every since. Just got home from church going out in a bit to check the ditches and title.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The Good Cop

Early fall in North Florida means the days are only in the mid 90's, down about 10 degrees from last month, with morning lows in the upper 60's.
    Typically this is a dry time of year, unless we get a hurricane.
    From now until next May is the time a person can get out and work on the property without risking heat exhaustion.

I can't wait for January - mornings in the 20's and 30's, afternoons in the 50's. Absolutely beautiful weather. Especially since I'm retired and don't have to be outside on a forklift unloading a box car of plywood at 25 degrees.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Still hot here in Houston, although we got a few inches of rain a couple of weeks ago. At least we are not topping 100 these days. Low 90's with no cold front in sight.
    I'm in Houston as we speak. It is HUMID as hell! I'd offer to take you to supper but I am stuck right downtown with no car this week (Fannin and Rusk). I've been here for less than 24 hours and I am already ready to kill the next homeless bastard that comes up to me demanding money! I REALLY HATE cities!!!
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links