Hor Rural are you? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hor Rural are you?

This is a discussion on Hor Rural are you? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; We been city slickers many moons now. Currently have a small empty nester crib in a huge johnny lunchbucket subdivision from the 80s. All modern ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Hor Rural are you?

We been city slickers many moons now. Currently have a small empty nester crib in a huge johnny lunchbucket subdivision from the 80s. All modern neccesities super close which is the best policy for old folks. We got kin older than us stuck in the boon docks. Its not very handy.

I am surrounded by 3,000,000 mostly far left liberal minded people, in a 40 mile radius. Thought I’d add the liberal info for flavor.

Rural is the goal.
    bigwheel and MisterMills357 like this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Joe

@Ragnarok Get the heck out of there Man !
    Ragnarök and Marica like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    @Ragnarok Get the heck out of there Man !
    We plan on buying land in the country, and building on it. Got it all planned out. Hopefully shtf doesn’t land in the next 4 years!
    Joe likes this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    We plan on buying land in the country, and building on it. Got it all planned out. Hopefully shtf doesn’t land in the next 4 years!
    Think about an underground house. Those are too cool.
    Ragnarök likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Think about an underground house. Those are too cool.
    Become mole people... you are on to something bigwheel.
    bigwheel likes this.

I'm sort of rural, towns of about 500-1000 every 15-20 miles or so. Live in town of 3000 now. Wanted a country place but wife wouldn't have it. That was then now she says she hates the neighbors knowing every move we make. I don't tell her I told you so that often.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

I live in about a rural as you can get in this state, small town of 4,000, no traffic lights, mostly farming.

Live off my own road which is a dead end, only traffic is the town water department truck.

Home cannot be seen from the town road.

No pizza delivery, not even a pizza parlor in town, closest is eight miles away, nearest market is twelve.

I live so far out that dominoes takes an hour....but the Zombie horde takes two.....I ain't bitching...I just bake dejiornos... You want luxury...well you get what comes with it....shaka khan

My little slice of heaven is an unincorporated dot on the map about five miles outside a two stop light town. In that town, Piggly Wiggly is our only grocery store, along with a locally owned Ace Hardware, a locally owned NAPA, a McDonald's and a Jacks. That's about it. Here in the unincorporated town, all we have are two gas stations and a Dollar General. Well, and my little repair shop. The nearest Walmart is at least 20-30 minutes away in any direction. I wouldn't trade country livin' for city life if you put a gun to my head.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links