Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers

This is a discussion on Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by SOCOM42 ALL 4473 forms must be turned into ATF archival records center Martinsburg WV upon sale, closing or transfer of an FFL ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    ALL 4473 forms must be turned into ATF archival records center Martinsburg WV upon sale, closing or transfer of an FFL licensed dealership.
    The forms are never out of date, they are used for forward tracing of a particular firearm, if possible.
    No dealer is allowed to destroy them, unless there is an accidental fire.
    Correct.
    Also, besides the 4473's, each FFL dealer must keep what is called a "bound book", named that because the pages can not be removed other than by ripping them out.
    The bound book is a ledger that contains information on EACH gun that comes into his/her inventory: type, caliber, serial number, date of acquisition.
    When a particular gun is sold, there is a spot on its line to put the date sold, and to whom.
    This book is available for review at any time by the BATFE, and when the dealer goes out of business, the bound book is turned over to the government.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Correct.
    Also, besides the 4473's, each FFL dealer must keep what is called a "bound book", named that because the pages can not be removed other than by ripping them out.
    The bound book is a ledger that contains information on EACH gun that comes into his/her inventory: type, caliber, serial number, date of acquisition.
    When a particular gun is sold, there is a spot on its line to put the date sold, and to whom.
    This book is available for review at any time by the BATFE, and when the dealer goes out of business, the bound book is turned over to the government.
    YUP, I didn't bother entering that because the posting was in reference to the 4473 form.
    I have had an FFL for 55 years.
    Mostly gunsmithing work some sales, a lot of booth during the slick willie years.
    Stopped selling almost 30 years ago, just gun work now, mostly US military types.
    All that data is then posted in their "track us" computer.
    They were all over my ass on a sale of an SKS that was used a providence bank robbery.
    Threatened to castrate me if i did not come up with the buyers name who was not from RI.
    I pulled it up from my newly installed computer program and gave it to them.
    That was a forward trace they were doing.
    They have been here a few times to look at the machineguns I have.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Eliminate the BATF
    SOCOM42 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Eliminate the BATF
    Well, Slip, remember the old joke. A few shooters were yutzing one afternoon at a gunshop when someone mentioned the BATF.

Hearing that, another patron stated, "BATF? Why, I use all their fine products..."
    Slippy likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links