Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers

This is a discussion on Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Chiefster23 Here is the insidious plan the left has in store for us. They need two things to happen. First they need ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Here is the insidious plan the left has in store for us. They need two things to happen. First they need certain weapons and/or magazines outlawed. Many folks are OK with magazine bans, but this is flawed thinking. Second, they need red flag laws which many people are fine with. Again, flawed thinking. As stated in this thread, most people will still keeps their guns and magazines in spite of any new laws.

Here’s the rub. You keep your illegal contraband. Then the cops, government, your neighbor, somebody, anybody, makes an anonymous red flag complaint against you and suddenly you get a 2am raid that finds this illegal contraband in your home. Then you are truely screwed. You get arrested, jailed, bankrupted, and probably lose your home. And the beauty of this scheme is that there is “no warrant” required. Since the progressives have decided that any opposition needs to be totally destroyed, don’t think for a second that this anonymous claim thing wouldn’t be abused.
    Extremely flawed and shortsighted. "Red Flag Laws" are the death knell of this Republic. It is a fools errand to give power to a government that would control others while thinking it won't eventually be used on them. Hitler was correct, people are stupid and have short memories.
    dwight55, Chiefster23 and bigwheel like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

The Good Cop

CBS News is reporting on their website today that the White House has indicated that the following will not even be considered: universal background checks, magazine bans, assault weapons bans.
    Democrats are pissed Trump will not even consider their House Bill.
    I don’t have time to post a link other than their page www.cbsnews.com
    Prepared One and Slippy like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Don’t fold Orange man, Don’t fold!
    RedLion and bigwheel like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    CBS News is reporting on their website today that the White House has indicated that the following will not even be considered: universal background checks, magazine bans, assault weapons bans.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...te-2019-09-19/
    Several proposals that House Democrats want to see in legislation, including universal background checks, are off the table for the White House, the source also said.
    "Part of the problem that we have is because of Beto O'Rourke's statement about taking away guns," Mr. Trump said. "A lot of Republicans and some Democrats now are afraid to do anything, to go down that slippery slope. A lot of people think this is just a way of taking away guns and that's not good, because we're not going to allow that."
    Thanks RPD!
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Here is the insidious plan the left has in store for us. They need two things to happen. First they need certain weapons and/or magazines outlawed. Many folks are OK with magazine bans, but this is flawed thinking. Second, they need red flag laws which many people are fine with. Again, flawed thinking. As stated in this thread, most people will still keeps their guns and magazines in spite of any new laws.

Here’s the rub. You keep your illegal contraband. Then the cops, government, your neighbor, somebody, anybody, makes an anonymous red flag complaint against you and suddenly you get a 2am raid that finds this illegal contraband in your home. Then you are truely screwed. You get arrested, jailed, bankrupted, and probably lose your home. And the beauty of this scheme is that there is “no warrant” required. Since the progressives have decided that any opposition needs to be totally destroyed, don’t think for a second that this anonymous claim thing wouldn’t be abused.
    Great points on that. I used to have a friend of a friend who was trying to grow a bit of medicinal herb under lights at home..then he decided to try his hand at the a moonshining hobby. Which made the guy who built and sold the essential extractors get forced to turn his name over to the Feds as having bought an ethanol maker. Which led to nasty official letters and an effort to sell ethanol permits. The poor guy knocked both hobbies in the head and let the finished herb and hooch go for pennies on the dollar. Sold the extractor for a gypsy for cash just to get rid of the evidence if any G'men with sniffing dogs showed up to do a knock and talk. Now he just buys his meds like everybody else.
    Last edited by bigwheel; 09-19-2019 at 01:53 PM.

You guys might find this hard to believe, but not all of my friends are in the "altar boy segment" of society. Having said that, I don't know a single jack one of them who have run afield of the law. Now, why is that?

My guess is that they are good at keeping silent. If we bought a gun from a neighbor, we kept it a secret. Years before switchblades were made legal in Wisconsin, we all owned them--in my case, for more than 20 years. I had a 5.0 1989 Mustang, but never had a ticket.

Oh, and I once kissed a girl I had no intention of marrying. If you keep silent it's easier to appear innocent when cross-examined by the District Attorney...
    KUSA likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    He plays them like fiddle and they always fall for it, they are incapable of learning from past experience.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

In a very real sense, I believe the info on the 4473 forms I used "back in the day" have probably been shredded or lost. I do know that one gun salesman admitted openly that he shredded the forms the moment they were considered out of date.

When this topic comes up in gunshops the usual complaint is the FFL. I politely disagree. I think it's the federal paper-pushers. For example, you can still trace the crimes of Nazi Germany simply because they were so good at documentation.

I would guess that I have purchased over 200 handguns over +40 years. At no time did I ever have more than ten guns. I was an active gun trader. I believe one 1911 was simply shot to pieces--which I admitted to the guy who bought it simply because it was the model he wanted.

I am not unique. But imagine the nightmare that will come if the government wants to audit every boomer who ever owned a gun. For one, many of us suffer from dementia.

Case in point, I once opened a drawer and a found a revolver I thought I had lost and/or sold...
    bigwheel likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Sounds plausible to we uns. To borrow a bit of East Texas lingo. In hot weather they also tell each other.."Its hotter than two rats fornicating in a wool sock huh?" The other guy says..yep..and continues to eat his grits and Pittsburgh Hotlinks. They talk and eat funny down there.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    In a very real sense, I believe the info on the 4473 forms I used "back in the day" have probably been shredded or lost. I do know that one gun salesman admitted openly that he shredded the forms the moment they were considered out of date.
    Case in point, I once opened a drawer and a found a revolver I thought I had lost and/or sold...
    ALL 4473 forms must be turned into ATF archival records center Martinsburg WV upon sale, closing or transfer of an FFL licensed dealership.
    The forms are never out of date, they are used for forward tracing of a particular firearm, if possible.
    No dealer is allowed to destroy them, unless there is an accidental fire.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links