Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers

This is a discussion on Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Always think smart. Yeah.. I agree and let the other poor bastard die for his country...(Patton). Reading through this I had a couple of thoughts. ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Always think smart. Yeah.. I agree and let the other poor bastard die for his country...(Patton).

Reading through this I had a couple of thoughts. This topic came up with my brother. His take was yes, if they came he’d give them his guns. His thinking was he could always get another gun or rifle but not another life and better to live and fight on via various means. Ok.. I tend to agree with him.

The second thought was about going up against the government and how the colonist went against the English and were are “par”. Yes, the government has vast firepower superiority. What they don’t have is raw numbers. On top of that it would be guaranteed that a large percent of that government firepower would either stand down or participate on the citizens side negating any advantage. And we know, from Russia and ww2 that numbers can beat most anything (and I’m not saying we’d march into the fire either.. just an example).

Hope this will never come to pass thought.

What will happen though is the frog in the boiling pot. Guaranteed.
    Denton and RedLion like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    I really don't know how true it was, . . . but one time I read an article that said it was only a small percentage of the colonists who truly backed the revolution, . . . and an even smaller percentage who took up arms and fought.

I have a lot to live for, . . . even at 74, . . . bucket list gets bigger all the time, . . . but if I live, . . . I want to live free, . . . and I would much rather be a dead patriot than a live serf. As a young man fresh back from 'Nam, . . . I got my belly full of institutional discrimination and public shame. There were times I wanted to look on my arm and see if the nazis had tattooed the left arm.

Our country finally got out of that, . . . and I have no desire to return, . . . and losing the 2nd is a promise of return in spades, . . . ain't going there.

And as back then, . . . I don't think it will take a huge percentage of the population to get the point across.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Lot of people at that time were pretty much minding their own business day to day. For most people just getting by meant a lot of work most days. I can see why they may not have been out on everything.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Always think smart. Yeah.. I agree and let the other poor bastard die for his country...(Patton).

Reading through this I had a couple of thoughts. This topic came up with my brother. His take was yes, if they came he’d give them his guns. His thinking was he could always get another gun or rifle but not another life and better to live and fight on via various means. Ok.. I tend to agree with him.

The second thought was about going up against the government and how the colonist went against the English and were are “par”. Yes, the government has vast firepower superiority. What they don’t have is raw numbers. On top of that it would be guaranteed that a large percent of that government firepower would either stand down or participate on the citizens side negating any advantage. And we know, from Russia and ww2 that numbers can beat most anything (and I’m not saying we’d march into the fire either.. just an example).

Hope this will never come to pass thought.

What will happen though is the frog in the boiling pot. Guaranteed.
    Your Brother and you assume that they would take your guns and somehow let you stay a free man? Would not happen. "Thank you sir for your illegal guns, have a nice day".... They come to your house, you have two choices. Give up and get arrested or refuse. Most law enforcement and military would refuse to enforce unlawful orders by the way.
    Last edited by RedLion; 09-18-2019 at 03:35 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

We were loosing the Revolution badly until the French arrived to help.
    And even then things often looked very bleak.
    Prepared One likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Your Brother and you assume that they would take your guns and somehow let you stay a free man? Would not happen. "Thank you sir for your illegal guns, have a nice day".... They come to your house, you have two choices. Give up and get arrested or refuse. Most law enforcement and military would refuse to enforce unlawful orders by the way.
    I like the idea you stated, . . . but the history of it is not that way.

So far there have been hundreds of red flag episodes, . . . not one LEO stood down, . . . and in Katrina, . . . the national guard and the LEO's went around picking up the firearms, . . . the constitution be damned in the process.

Sorry, . . . RedLion, . . . but my money is on the idea that they will vote with their paychecks, . . . knowing that LEO's get fired, . . . and the military gets court martialed, . . . neither of which the vast majority of them folks is up for.

Gotta remember . . . they have kids, mortgages, and wives at home telling them what they need to do, . . . only a small % will side with the new 3%.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Chiefster23 and Smitty901 like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I like the idea you stated, . . . but the history of it is not that way.

So far there have been hundreds of red flag episodes, . . . not one LEO stood down, . . . and in Katrina, . . . the national guard and the LEO's went around picking up the firearms, . . . the constitution be damned in the process.

Sorry, . . . RedLion, . . . but my money is on the idea that they will vote with their paychecks, . . . knowing that LEO's get fired, . . . and the military gets court martialed, . . . neither of which the vast majority of them folks is up for.

Gotta remember . . . they have kids, mortgages, and wives at home telling them what they need to do, . . . only a small % will side with the new 3%.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    We are way early in the process my friend. A number of Sheriffs refuse to enforce red flag laws. Also, how about NY and Maryland for instance? Millions of non-compliant owners of guns and "large capacity mags." I have never heard of a crack down? You are simply wrong outside of CA and some rare cases.
    Shit, even Canada spent a billion on their registration scheme and got a whole 12% compliance. Had to scrap the long gun registration.
    Last edited by RedLion; 09-18-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    We are way early in the process my friend. A number of Sheriffs refuse to enforce red flag laws. Also, how about NY and Maryland for instance? Millions of non-compliant owners of guns and "large capacity mags." I have never heard of a crack down? You are simply wrong outside of CA and some rare cases.
    Shit, even Canada spent a billion on their registration scheme and got a whole 12% compliance. Had to scrap the long gun registration.
    I truly hope you are right, . . . unfortunately, . . . we will only see for sure when it REALLY begins to unfold.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    RedLion likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

If you were under the impression that this was about protecting guns, you have been sorely misinformed or mistaken.
    The gun is just the tool.
    The tool is for a job.
    The job is protection.

What needs protecting?

Answer that, and you'll know what I'm willing to die for.
    The gun is just the tool.
    Denton, Prepared One and phrogman like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

I truly hope you are right, . . . unfortunately, . . . we will only see for sure when it REALLY begins to unfold.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    You are correct of course.

Here is the insidious plan the left has in store for us. They need two things to happen. First they need certain weapons and/or magazines outlawed. Many folks are OK with magazine bans, but this is flawed thinking. Second, they need red flag laws which many people are fine with. Again, flawed thinking. As stated in this thread, most people will still keeps their guns and magazines in spite of any new laws.

Here’s the rub. You keep your illegal contraband. Then the cops, government, your neighbor, somebody, anybody, makes an anonymous red flag complaint against you and suddenly you get a 2am raid that finds this illegal contraband in your home. Then you are truely screwed. You get arrested, jailed, bankrupted, and probably lose your home. And the beauty of this scheme is that there is “no warrant” required. Since the progressives have decided that any opposition needs to be totally destroyed, don’t think for a second that this anonymous claim thing wouldn’t be abused.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links