Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers - Page 2

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers

This is a discussion on Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by MisterMills357 That is what it meant for the colonists, and your thinking is shallow , so if you don't intend to die ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Letís Talk About Cold Dead Fingers

Jem

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    That is what it meant for the colonists, and your thinking is shallow, so if you don't intend to die for your guns, OK. What do you intend to do, turn them in when the cops show up?
    See, ďshallowĒ is exactly what I was getting at when considering the ď...from my cold dead fingersĒ guy.... THATíS shallow thinking. ĎCause heís dead and no good to anyone except maybe as a martyr or a flash point like Lexington and Concord. One or two martyrs can be useful. 500,000 martyrs just means we fought stupidly and shallowly and probably lost.

And youíre making a huge assumption to suggest that I just hand my guns over to the police.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    Information and dialogue are only worth so much, and actions speak louder than words. And if you want dialogue with them, go ahead; but it will end right after they get your guns.
    Ok, I will grant you that dialogue is less than sexy (information is critical, though). And actions DO speak louder than words. So what ďactionsĒ do you propose? Do you mean actions that fall within the framework of the law (because we are a nation of laws, including the constitution)? Or are you going right for insurrection?

The true intent of The Second amendment to the Constitution was dealt a fatal blow with the National Firarms Protection Act of 1934. The guns that most of us have donít even come close to the firepower necessary to unseat a tyrannical government. And shallow epitaphs like ď...cold dead fingersĒ donít do the cause any favors. They just play into the hands of those who would subjugate us.

The colonists were in a WAY better position to match force with the British than modern Americans citizens are. Though the colonists lacked depth and numbers, their hardware was at LEAST on par with the British, and often superior (minus the navy. Britainís Navy was way better). And most importantly, the colonists understood the folly of frontal assault. The colonists did not stand on their collective porches and get mowed down by volley fire. They crawled through the bushes, hitting and RUNNING

If, at some point, someone DOES pry my gun from my cold dead fingers, I will not have spent my life cheaply or frivolously. And I dang sure am not going to base my strategy and tactics on a bumper sticker.

Super Moderator

The cold dead hands saying is simply a mantra. One said not to brag but instead to put people that want to take our guns on notice. You're not saying you're willing to die for your guns. You are warning the American traitors that if they go that route you will kill them. A lot of them. And there will be no negotiating or peace treaty. If they cross that line you and a bunch of other like minded people will hunt them down and eradicate them. And the only thing that will stop you is if they kill you first.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Slippy, Denton, A Watchman and 5 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

I don't know, but I been told...
    If you think I'm joking,,,well, then ha ha.
    I lost my gun rights once, I will NOT loose them again.
    Denton likes this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

There is a joke in "Cold dead fingers." I have my "guidelines" about confrontation. This includes me being in my truck to being at home. Also includes coming home to see my home being raided.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    The cold dead hands saying is simply a mantra. One said not to brag but instead to put people that want to take our guns on notice. You're not saying you're willing to die for your guns. You are warning the American traitors that if they go that route you will kill them. A lot of them. And there will be no negotiating or peace treaty. If they cross that line you and a bunch of other like minded people will hunt them down and eradicate them. And the only thing that will stop you is if they kill you first.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Rather than get into deep and involved thoughts, it’s easier to speak the language of bumper stickers.
    It doesn’t mean they won’t do the right thing at the right time.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I keep hearing some opening dialouge from a Mookie Spalain novel around here. I always liked the one.."the Sun hit me in the eyes through the venetian blinds like a load of pea soup goes through a two year old." That is deep stuff right there.
    Denton and Slippy like this.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, in a few years, all of us will have cold dead fingers. Thatís right folks, all of us are just moments away from death. Nothing you do or donít do will change that. Itís ok though because our descendants will walk the earth in our place.

Right now, we have freedom and our rights are still protected by a piece of 200 year old parchment. Are we simply lucky that it is so? Not at all, we have freedom and liberty because our ancestors sacrificed a portion of their life for us.

I have the utmost respect and gratitude for those that sacrificed for me. The ones that didnít, I spit on their grave.
    Slippy likes this.

The Good Cop

In case there are some who hadn't considered it, with a rifle as "quaint" as a 30-30 Winchester, you can always get a real assault rifle after the balloon goes up.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Its not dying for my guns that would make me fight back, hard and smart...rather, its not being able to live freely after surrendering to a tyrannical government knowing their boot will be on my neck for the rest of my life.

Someone said it better than I,

LIVE FREE OR DIE.
    Nice to see how many around here get it.
    dwight55 and Slippy like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Nice to see how many around here get it.
    I really don't know how true it was, . . . but one time I read an article that said it was only a small percentage of the colonists who truly backed the revolution, . . . and an even smaller percentage who took up arms and fought.

I have a lot to live for, . . . even at 74, . . . bucket list gets bigger all the time, . . . but if I live, . . . I want to live free, . . . and I would much rather be a dead patriot than a live serf. As a young man fresh back from 'Nam, . . . I got my belly full of institutional discrimination and public shame. There were times I wanted to look on my arm and see if the nazis had tattooed the left arm.

Our country finally got out of that, . . . and I have no desire to return, . . . and losing the 2nd is a promise of return in spades, . . . ain't going there.

And as back then, . . . I don't think it will take a huge percentage of the population to get the point across.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links