Enroute to Victory

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Enroute to Victory

This is a discussion on Enroute to Victory within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I got a buddy that has a 13' Victory Hammer 8 Ball motorcycle. He bought it from a fella who bought it back after it ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Enroute to Victory

Enroute to Victory

I got a buddy that has a 13' Victory Hammer 8 Ball motorcycle. He bought it from a fella who bought it back after it was totaled (25%). The statement was that they totaled it due to tank, headlight and scratched paint down to bare metal. (it was layed down in gravel). I'm not sure how easily they total out bikes....

BB value is $5k, selling for $3500. All visible damage has been repaired nd I'm buying it to ride not a sell.

Thoughts?

4500 miles on it
    Denton and RedLion like this.

Polaris quit making Victory for many reason. They did so with out warning and the value on them is basement at best. A salvage title bike is worth 50% of the lowest price the bike would normally sell for. Salvage bikes in most case no one will make a loan on it so hard to sell. Many insurance companies will not insure them or if they do at a very low coverage at a high cost. Hidden damage is hard to find until it is to late.
    8 year old bike, that has been totaled. No longer made. And very little dealer support. If it looked really good and ran good maybe $1,500 at best. That is how I see it.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 09-16-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Thanks Smitty...I will keep that in mind

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Run, is it worth that without the prior damage and marked title?

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Polaris quit making Victory for many reason. They did so with out warning and the value on them is basement at best. A salvage title bike is worth 50% of the lowest price the bike would normally sell for. Salvage bikes in most case no one will make a loan on it so hard to sell. Many insurance companies will not insure them or if they do at a very low coverage at a high cost. Hidden damage is hard to find until it is to late.
    8 year old bike, that has been totaled. No longer made. And very little dealer support. If it looked really good and ran good maybe $1,500 at best. That is how I see it.
    Of course, no longer made, and no dealer support applies to such classics as the Triumph 650 Bonneville, and the Dunstall Dominator, an enhanced Norton 750. I once owned, among other bikes, a Royal Enfield. Ever heard of one?

Not everybody wants a Harley, or an 800 pound road cruiser. Some of us like hot rods. With no fairings, cruise control, stereo, cup holders, electric start, huge fiberglass saddlebags, etc.
    The only Harley that interests me is a 1000 CC Sportster, 1970's era.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The only Harley that interest me is "Mrs."
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

SGG

Maybe think about saving up and getting one that's in better condition? Sometimes it's worth doing that.

If it's really what you want, if you know how to work on motorcycles I say do it. You might run into issues down the road. But sometimes deals like that are hard to pass up.

I would be concerned about the electronics. EFI is great, but will the parts to repair it be available when you need them? I don't know, but I would definitely attempt to find out before I bought one.
    Old SF Guy likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Of course, no longer made, and no dealer support applies to such classics as the Triumph 650 Bonneville, and the Dunstall Dominator, an enhanced Norton 750. I once owned, among other bikes, a Royal Enfield. Ever heard of one?

Not everybody wants a Harley, or an 800 pound road cruiser. Some of us like hot rods. With no fairings, cruise control, stereo, cup holders, electric start, huge fiberglass saddlebags, etc.
    Rode and owned Royal Enfield. And others. Victory was not supplying warranty parts not giving dealer support . There were a lot of issues with them. As for others like Triump they have been raised from the dead a few times. There were parts in Europe that help people keep them running. The bike that was mentioned was a salvage title bike that is a major game changer no madder the brand. Victory was still trying to supply warranty parts the day they shut it down.
    You can still buy Royal Enfield. In many case still a bike right out of the 70's drum brakes ect. The big single cyl like the 500cc were fun and at one time made good hill climbers. I think the last dealer in US closed down a few years ago but you can still order them, from place they act like a dealership.
    EPA issue on some models.
    If it was not a salvage bike It could be worth $3,500 to someone that wanted it.
    Royal Enfield is still big in India. They have been coming under pressure in some countries to meet emission standards and get rid of the carb.

500cc bullet

https://www.royalenfield.com/us/en/m...es/bullet-500/
    Last edited by Smitty901; 09-17-2019 at 07:03 AM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    I got a buddy that has a 13' Victory Hammer 8 Ball motorcycle. He bought it from a fella who bought it back after it was totaled (25%). The statement was that they totaled it due to tank, headlight and scratched paint down to bare metal. (it was layed down in gravel). I'm not sure how easily they total out bikes....

BB value is $5k, selling for $3500. All visible damage has been repaired nd I'm buying it to ride not a sell.

Thoughts?

4500 miles on it
    Run! Run like hell and don't look back. Buy a HD the market is flooded with them for cheap low miles and no salvage title.
    Smitty901 and Old SF Guy like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links