Go on strike, cause you want job security?? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Go on strike, cause you want job security??

This is a discussion on Go on strike, cause you want job security?? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by hawgrider Scab and a traitor. And proud of it ! When I spend $30K+ for a vehicle, I expect to last more ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Go on strike, cause you want job security??

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Scab and a traitor.
    And proud of it !

When I spend $30K+ for a vehicle, I expect to last more than 10 years. My 2008 Tundra has 186K on it, running and looking like it was made 5 years ago. Never had any work done except, plugs, breaks and tires. My expedition had 110K when I junked it. Transmission had to be replaced, it started blowing plugs and was rusting extensively.

Why would anyone buy from companies that build inferior products unless those products were priced very cheap.
    bigwheel likes this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Demitri.14 View Post
    And proud of it !

When I spend $30K+ for a vehicle, I expect to last more than 10 years. My 2008 Tundra has 186K on it, running and looking like it was made 5 years ago. Never had any work done except, plugs, breaks and tires. My expedition had 110K when I junked it. Transmission had to be replaced, it started blowing plugs and was rusting extensively.

Why would anyone buy from companies that build inferior products unless those products were priced very cheap.
    Well here is a bottle of soy sauce to go with that Jap crap you eat.

Last edited by hawgrider; 09-20-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Cute

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Cute
    And funny glad you approve.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

GM will just put the plants machinery on train cars, and ship it to Mexico, when the UAW goes on strike. The union does have anything to bargain with, and it is cutting its own throat.
    I saw that happen in Huntington WV, when the rail car plant went on strike about 30 years ago.
    Denton likes this.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

And proud of it !

Thats how the Japs took over the US car market. They could either build em better or cheaper. They went for better. Our pride and joy 2011 Tundra has 39k on the dial since we dont drive much being old retired geezers. It needs tires due to the age thing. What do you recommend? How dangerous is it to drive around with old age cracks in the tires? My Mr. Fixit pal said squirt em with Armor all. Do you think that is a good plan? Our oldest boy who is a high mileage traveling salesman drives a Toyota Suv. He says we need Toyo Brand. What do you think? Thanks.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Toyo-open...y-bw/156830831

As any old jerky maker would be glad to tell folks the cheap soy sauce works just as good as kikkomann, Same with wooster sauce. The cheap stuff is just as good as Lea n Perrins.
    hawgrider likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    As any old jerky maker would be glad to tell folks the cheap soy sauce works just as good as kikkomann, Same with wooster sauce. The cheap stuff is just as good as Lea n Perrins.
    The soy sauce/red wine recipe was my first jerky go to. Made that stuff for a couple decades.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links