Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

We Will Never Forget September 11, 2001

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Slippy 
#1 ·
Outerwear White Textile Sleeve Flag of the united states

We will never forget...

I also want to remember how we came together as a country the following day.

We weren't Democrats or Republicans, Liberals or Conservatives.

We were simply human beings coming together, united as one.

We were Americans.

This thread is not intended for political rhetoric. If you feel the need to make it controversial, take it to another thread. In this thread, we will remember and honor those we lost.

See less See more
#5 ·
I have never forgotten.
Just like I have never forgotten Pearl Harbor, either.

#6 ·
That's the curse of living for many decades.
My father started his military career fighting in the Korean War, to give an idea of how old he is. He remembers stories of things beyond our time, from what he was told by older family members.
We continue to survive.

#7 ·
An event that sears into your memory. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when the attacks began.

#10 ·
For the most part it will be "Duhhh.............." and a blank stare.

Same with Pearl Harbor, . . . Ft. Sumpter, . . . the battleship USS Maine, . . . Concord and New Lex, . . . Okinawa, . . . Iwo, . . .

They just DON'T know.

Borrowing from one of my favorite scriptures "As for me and my house, . . . we will serve the Lord", . . . "As for me and my house, . . . we will never forget".

May God bless,
Dwight

#11 ·
We should always remember and never forget. We are not invulnerable. Ever vigilant, we should steel ourselves to the fact that our enemies will attack again.

Reactions: inceptor
#13 ·
Yesterday I pulled down One Nation: America Remembers September 11, 2001 from the shelves. It's a Time book so full of photographs, vignettes, timelines and such. Started reading here and there. Came across this in the discussion of Flight 93:

Jeremy Glick was on an Airphone, and so was Todd Beamer. "I know I'm not going to get out of this," the sales account manager for Oracle, who lived in Cranbury, N.J., told Lisa Jefferson, a GTE Airphone operator. He asked her to pray with him and told her that some passengers might make a run at the hijackers. At some point the father of two, whose wife-- now widow-- is due in January, said absently, "Lisa."

"Yes," said Jefferson.

"Oh, that's my wife's name. I would like you to call her if I don't make it through this."

"That's my name, too, Todd."

"Oh, God."
Lost it. Gut wrench. Shaking. Crying. Had to get up and go outside.

View attachment 100103

Of course, I did not have to look at this book. But I felt it my duty to pay respect to the heroes and innocents.

#15 ·
#17 ·
It is evident that a large number of the population of US Patriots HAS NOT FORGOTTEN the events of 9/11/2001 when muslim/islamist jihadists attacked the USA.

It is also evident that our Federal Government and specifically Congress HAVE FORGOTTEN the events of 9/11/2001 when muslim islamists attacked the USA as they have encouraged and allowed muslim/islamist jihadists to enter the USA en masse, more than doubling the population of evil doers who want to kill most citizens of the USA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.