A funny thing happened today
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on A funny thing happened today within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Out at a local sports bar watching some football today with Hot Nursey and another couple. Nice hot day today so we are out on ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: A funny thing happened today

Super Moderator

Out at a local sports bar watching some football today with Hot Nursey and another couple. Nice hot day today so we are out on the patio watching the games. During a break in the action a semi-drunk guys comes over (he was vaping outside) and strikes up a conversation. He's short, kinda stubby with a long grey and black beard. Not a threat in any way, just being drunkenly friendly. They start talking high school football because they all went to high school in the same area. The guy stops mid sentence and looks at me. Here is our conversation:

Guy: You look like a Navy SEAL. You're one of those SEAL's aren't ya?

Me: No, I'm not a SEAL.

Guy: You sure do look like one. I think you're a Navy SEAL.

Me: No, not me. I've never even been in the military.

Guy: You sure? Cause if I was going into Afghanistan I'd want you with me. You look like a tough mother f*cker.

Me: Nah, not me.

Guy: With that beard and your hat on backward I'd say you were a SEAL......So my kid went to REV, you guys go to REV? (He started talking High schools again).

I thought it was pretty funny he was so persistent I had to be a SEAL. I'm not sure why, aside from having a beard and wearing my hat backward I was wearing shorts, flip flops and a black T-shirt with an American flag on it.

Some of you might think he was trying to start sh*t but he was truly just a friendly drunk guy. I just thought the whole thing was funny.
    Denton, soyer38301, Marica and 4 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    He didn't see all the hair and notice you were 8ft tall. Yeah he was drunk.
    Denton, Mule13, RedLion and 8 others like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

I know 'stolen valor' is a crime. Is 'implied and assumed valor' a crime as well?
    Sasquatch likes this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

SGG

I doubt he was trying to start any crap. When I drink once a week at my brothers, it's tradition, just one good IPA will get my mouth running nonstop. I don't drink more than two usually, no one would be able to stand me otherwise. I'm not aggressive, very friendly but I just talk and talk. This past Thursday, one of my other brothers leaned back on the couch and shook his head. I turned to him and he said I'm just amazed you told 4 different stories in 20 seconds.

You sound like you have a lot of patience. Maybe he is just super into the SEALs and wanted to pick your brain.
    I know you know, but make sure you keep paying very close attention to your surroundings in this situation. He could have had ulterior motives, and/or a partner.
    Sasquatch likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    I know 'stolen valor' is a crime. Is 'implied and assumed valor' a crime as well?
    I kinda felt that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Denton likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Gee, Sasquatch, the first time I ever heard about you the guys in the forum were all bragging you could spin a ball on your nose.

I thought you must be a SEAL, too....
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

He was hitting on you. Wanted a little quality time and has a thing for Navy guys and fur.
    Denton, Slippy, Sasquatch and 4 others like this.

Super Moderator

I'd have taken for an environmentalist whacko.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I agree with Chipper.

The dude was a fag and was trying to pick you up.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I'd have taken for an environmentalist whacko.
    Nah. This guy was country folk. At least as country as it can get in CA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    bigwheel likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links