A funny thing happened today - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

A funny thing happened today

This is a discussion on A funny thing happened today within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; The last time a drunk approached me in a bar and said "You some kind of badass?' I said no. Then he punched me in ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: A funny thing happened today

The last time a drunk approached me in a bar and said "You some kind of badass?' I said no. Then he punched me in the chest right on the badge. You have to be careful with those drunks. Very unpredictable.
    Denton, Sasquatch and stevekozak like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    The last time a drunk approached me in a bar and said "You some kind of badass?' I said no. Then he punched me in the chest right on the badge. You have to be careful with those drunks. Very unpredictable.
    I've had many a drunk come up to me in a bar and puff their chest. Some were even brave enough to take a swing. This guy I wasn't worried about. He kept his distance and I was watching for friends. He was there with his wife.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Out at a local sports bar watching some football today with Hot Nursey and another couple. Nice hot day today so we are out on the patio watching the games. During a break in the action a semi-drunk guys comes over (he was vaping outside) and strikes up a conversation. He's short, kinda stubby with a long grey and black beard. Not a threat in any way, just being drunkenly friendly. They start talking high school football because they all went to high school in the same area. The guy stops mid sentence and looks at me. Here is our conversation:

Guy: You look like a Navy SEAL. You're one of those SEAL's aren't ya?

Me: No, I'm not a SEAL.

Guy: You sure do look like one. I think you're a Navy SEAL.

Me: No, not me. I've never even been in the military.

Guy: You sure? Cause if I was going into Afghanistan I'd want you with me. You look like a tough mother f*cker.

Me: Nah, not me.

Guy: With that beard and your hat on backward I'd say you were a SEAL......So my kid went to REV, you guys go to REV? (He started talking High schools again).

I thought it was pretty funny he was so persistent I had to be a SEAL. I'm not sure why, aside from having a beard and wearing my hat backward I was wearing shorts, flip flops and a black T-shirt with an American flag on it.

Some of you might think he was trying to start sh*t but he was truly just a friendly drunk guy. I just thought the whole thing was funny.
    Why was your hat on backward? I have never understood that idea. I always figured people just looked in the mirror and said "Now, I have a good hat (cap). What can I do to make myself look more douchey?".
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I've had many a drunk come up to me in a bar and puff their chest. Some were even brave enough to take a swing. This guy I wasn't worried about. He kept his distance and I was watching for friends. He was there with his wife.
    Was she hot?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Why was your hat on backward? I have never understood that idea. I always figured people just looked in the mirror and said "Now, I have a good hat (cap). What can I do to make myself look more douchey?".
    I played catcher in baseball all my life so I guess it's just habit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Was she hot?
    That's a negative ghostrider.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    As someone that does not drink. Intoxicated people really annoy me
    Me two and three!!!!

I threw my brother and my best friend out of my shop,
    they both were really loaded and causing problems, besides there were six employees watching.
    I was setting up a job in the CNC mill and did not need any distractions, was worth about 100K.
    I stopped working, asking them to leave several times, they kept getting in my face, trying me to drink with them.
    They knew that I did not drink at all, but insisted.
    I finally told them to get the hell out and not to come back, would have the state police remove them if needed to.
    They finally left, friend smashed his brandy new Corvette into a bridge abutment near his home after letting my brother off.
    NEVER talked to either one again, brother killed himself 12 years later, suicide by drinking,
    he sucked down a fifth of Seagram-7 and a case of beer a day.
    friend died 2 years after that, his wife died a year later, then his son a year after that.
    I think we removed 150? Seagram's bottles from the house when cleaning it out, he returned almost all the beer bottles, only a few cases were there.
    I don't drink, never have, never will, I don't like what it does to my thought processes.
    Denton and Smitty901 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Me two and three!!!!

I threw my brother and my best friend out of my shop,
    they both were really loaded and causing problems, besides there were six employees watching.
    I was setting up a job in the CNC mill and did not need any distractions, was worth about 100K.
    I stopped working, asking them to leave several times, they kept getting in my face, trying me to drink with them.
    They knew that I did not drink at all, but insisted.
    I finally told them to get the hell out and not to come back, would have the state police remove them if needed to.
    They finally left, friend smashed his brandy new Corvette into a bridge abutment near his home after letting my brother off.
    NEVER talked to either one again, brother killed himself 12 years later, suicide by drinking,
    he sucked down a fifth of Seagram-7 and a case of beer a day.
    friend died 2 years after that, his wife died a year later, then his son a year after that.
    I think we removed 150? Seagram's bottles from the house when cleaning it out, he returned almost all the beer bottles, only a few cases were there.
    I don't drink, never have, never will, I don't like what it does to my thought processes.
    As a 1SG . I explained to every officer I served with that taking a careless attitude towards drinking would return to bite them. Explaining at at least 90% of all discipline problems they would face would involve drinking. Many rejected that advise. All that did wish latter they had not. All these years latter nothing has changed.
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links