Let's Talk About Hypocracy
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Let's Talk About Hypocracy within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; First, I know I am preaching to the choir here. Most folks that frequent these waters are paddling a veritable battleship of armament. Yet and ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Let's Talk About Hypocracy

Jem

First, I know I am preaching to the choir here. Most folks that frequent these waters are paddling a veritable battleship of armament. Yet and still, here’s some perspective to help fuel your angst.

I’m not going to make a history lesson out of this. Rather, I’m going to jump right to the current issue of Walmart making the knee jerk decision to stop selling handgun and “assault” gun ammunition, and “asking” customers not to open carry while in their stores. To be fair, Walmart has NOT declared their stores “gun free” zones. As near as I can tell, you are still welcome to conceal carry in those states that honor the constitution.

Here’s the Irony. According to the CDC1, 88,129 people per year die from alcohol related issues. This includes, among other things, acute alcohol poisoning, chronic health conditions, and the big one — alcohol related automobile deaths. According to the American Public Health Association2, approximately 38,000 people die each year from gun violence. This includes all gang violence, officer involved shootings, self-defense shooting, suicides, “mass” shootings, etc. Despite being TWICE as deadly to Americans, Walmart has not offered to remove alcohol from their shelves. Indeed, in many parts of the country, liquor sales are a jealously guarded source of revenue for government. In my childhood home state of MN, off sale liquor revenue is the sole domain of municipalities. In my current state of residence, the liquor store is also known as the “State Store”.

Going slightly off track: I would propose to you that Walmart has opened themselves to a whole heap of liability. By limiting customers right to defend themselves, Walmart has declared that they, and they alone have assumed responsibility for your safety while on their premises. Walmart stores and parking lots are NOT safe places. Rapes and muggings in Walmart parking lots are VERY common. And now, Walmart is responsible for every one of them.

Back on Track: Why, then, are guns even on the radar? What makes guns such a hot button issue, when heart disease is a MUCH larger health threat? 610,000+ Americans die of heart disease each year3, yet Hardees is still allowed to sell a hamburger with FOUR ¼ pound patties on it, PLUS BACON! If the welfare of the nation’s citizens were truly the motivation behind “gun grabbers”, then there would be other things much, much more attractive and sensible to grab. So, then the question remains — Why guns?
    Several reasons spring to mind:

• The Government reaps ENORMOUS revenue from tobacco and alcohol sales and taxes. This is a cash cow that the government will never let go.
    • When government controls health care, they control the people. Unhealthy people need more healthcare/control.
    • Nobody every overthrew a tyrannical government with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts.
    • Guns are a convenient straw man. More Americans would rather have their booze and Big Macs than their guns. A fat and inebriated population is easily cowed.

So, to summarize, of all the threats facing Americans, only guns threaten the power of those few who rule. The entire gun control issue is a manufactured product of those people, government and otherwise, that call the shots. They use the media, fear, and the absolute and universal stupidity of gullible Americans to advance their agenda. And make no mistake — All politicians seek to remove guns from your hands. Democrat AND Republican. If they are in power, they will seek to preserve that power. The only difference is that republicans (Good Cop) must be careful about what they let the Democrats (Bad Cop) get away with because their votes depend on it. It all boils down to a classic good cop/bad cop scenario. In the end, they’re all cops and we're all perps. I am quite sure that elements from BOTH sides of the aisle are currently huddled together in a dark smokey room somewhere hatching a plan that diminishes the constitution, and still lets them get reelected.

Finally, how can you have a conversation about dead and dying Americans without mentioning the nearly 700,0004 Americans that are slaughtered each year via abortion? Abortion is THE NUMBER ONE killer of Americans, and it’s perfectly legal. Shame on the hypocrisy!

1 https://nccd.cdc.gov/DPH_ARDI/defaul...eGenderNew&D=H
    2 https://www.apha.org/topics-and-issues/gun-violence
    3 https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/fac...ere%20in%20men.
    4 https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...s/abortion.htm

p.s. I sell guns and ammunition. All your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to buy ammo are welcome here. Even though you didn’t need me when I was underselling Walmart by 0.03¢ per round for 9MM.
    soyer38301, Slippy, Annie and 3 others like this.

Well, the counter response is pretty simple. I may need a firearm to stay alive, but I do not need a Walmart store.

Besides, cutting Walmart out of the equation might even be more cost effective. If you really want Chinese goods, doesn't it make more sense just to buy them directly from China? I mean, duh.
    Smitty901 and Denton like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Walmart not safe? LOL! Around here if you are looking to buy heroine or crack, the Walmart parking lot is your destination of choice.
    bigwheel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Really not that big of a deal. There are plenty of other places that will gladly sell you guns and ammo. Just one more reason not to go there.

I think Wal-Mart has hurt themselves a lot by not selling the ammo. This will hurt their business much more than the loss of ammo sales. People buying ammo usually bought something else also. I think their decision will help local stores that might expand their ammo offerings to fill the void. This will be a good thing. Finally, their decision to persuade not to open carry does not matter to me. It is their store, their rules, I don't have to go there to shop as I can vote with my wallet. Their decisions will cost them economically. I am interested to see just how it plays out for them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pikepole20 View Post
    I think Wal-Mart has hurt themselves a lot by not selling the ammo.
    I agree. In any debate there is the "pro" side and the "con" position. The libtards fear cartridges in the hands of civilians and the civilians wonder if they have bought enough.

Technically, my state of Wisconsin has 'open carry.' It is needed, as we have a very vigorous nine-day deer hunting season--we cannot afford to irritate the out-of-state hunters who provide a lot of tourist dollars.

I think this is just something you have to get used to. Most of my friends who also patronize the coffee cafe' carry something deadly, and I'll bet more than 50% of the guys in my MC club carry from time to time based on expectations.

After a while you get used to every mother's son packing. After all, you are probably carrying, too...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Jem

Quote Originally Posted by pikepole20 View Post
    .... It is their store, their rules, I don't have to go there to shop as I can vote with my wallet........
    A true saying, indeed, Pike. And one I can agree with for you and for me.... BUT.... Consider that the people of this country, and most of the people you are acquainted with, would not have a CLUE how to survive without a Walmart (or at least a Dollar General).

I generally avoid anecdotal examples, but through the course of yesterday and today, I have had a number of conversations with people who are hopping mad about Walmart's recent announcements. To a man, they swear they're never shopping at Walmart again. As I considered each of them, I thought to myself "Yep, right up until your wife sends you out for a fresh bag of 'Ol Roy dog food." Many folks around here are utterly and totally dependent on Walmart, and they know it. Any convictions they have will melt away like the first snow of fall as soon as it presents the slightest inconvenience.

To be sure, if all the Walmarts in the country were to simultaneously explode (after being completely evacuated, and after all the fish were properly placed in foster care), and Walmart was no longer an option, they'de find a way to get by.

But as long as there's a Walmart, there will be a multitude of Walmart People.

Edit: I decided I was babbling complete drivel there. Let everyone else do what they want. RIGHT ON, Pike!
    Last edited by Jem; 09-06-2019 at 03:43 PM.
    Slippy likes this.

Excellent thread @Jem

You've summed it up perfectly.

Just yesterday Mrs S said she was running out to the drugstore to pick up a few things. I asked if she wouldn't mind going to WalMart and she stopped dead in her tracks and turned to me and unleashed hell that only a 5'3" 120 lb mean old woman could unleash on "her man".

"Slippy, you've been preaching and yelling and screaming at everyone you know about how bad WalMart sucks and you yourself never go to WalMart anyway. Why in SamHill do you want me to go to WalMart now? I stopped going there a while back because of your damn nagging!!!"

"Hold on there Crazy Woman!" I replied with a grin..."This is an experiment. You only need to pick up a couple of things right? So get them but do a little bit of Reconnoitering (British Term for Spying) and check out the ammo section and report back to me at 1530."

About 30 minutes later (and no it was not 1530 so I'll have to up the intensity of Mrs Slippy's training of military time) she called me and said that there were a bunch of old men waiting in line to buy guns and ammo.

Looks like this WalMart will be sold out of ammo by the weekend.

But I will assure you of this, the next time there is a threat of a snow or ice storm, I will pull into WalMart and go watch the crazies panic buy up bread, milk and Co-Co Puffs or whatever the hell they panic buy before and Ice Storm and laugh my ass off!
    Piratesailor likes this.

Super Moderator

Do you care to leave a link to your store, Jem?
    Denton likes this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    About 30 minutes later (and no it was not 1530 so I'll have to up the intensity of Mrs Slippy's training of military time) she called me and said that there were a bunch of old men waiting in line to buy guns and ammo.
    Did she by chance happen to 'open-carry' while she was on her mission?
    Name:  Slippy'sSpy.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  34.1 KB
    Denton and Slippy like this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not even that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links