Let's Talk About Hypocracy - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Let's Talk About Hypocracy

This is a discussion on Let's Talk About Hypocracy within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Slippy Great question and I believe that small Mom & Pop stores would open up in a big way. I would be ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Let's Talk About Hypocracy

Jem

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Great question and I believe that small Mom & Pop stores would open up in a big way.

I would be inclined to do so.
    Where Walmart is the behemoth, dollar generals are the buzzing gnats. Plenty of folks I know despise going into Walmarts, and do so only rarely. Those same folks, however, have no trouble going into a dollar general, fred’s, dollar tree and such. While smaller in size, a dollar spent at such a store is still 99¢ flitting out of the community, and straight into a corporate bottom line. Where Walmart stomped out mid-sized down towns, and locally owned mom & pop hardware, grocery and drug stores, dollar general parks their turds in the one-store-one-church-one-bar rural villages.
    Denton likes this.

The Good Cop

The bottom line for me in this whole Walmart deal is simply this - Walmart is a privately owned corporation, and as such is free to sell any legal product. Or not sell. That is their choice.
    I believe in freedom, liberty, and capitalism. Don’t you?
    RedLion, Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    Y'all up north won't understand this- Jem probably will. Our local Fred's Hometown Discount Store closed, as have a lot of Fred's. Fred's was the rural southern version of a small Walmart-- making WM a last resort. It was a sad day.

But it's an interesting question. What would happen if WM began closing stores? Rise of the Mom & Pop or some other gigantic corp? Hum. Odds are stacked against Moms & Pops.
    Amazon is replacing WM is many ways.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The bottom line for me in this whole Walmart deal is simply this - Walmart is a privately owned corporation, and as such is free to sell any legal product. Or not sell. That is their choice.
    Not when they are a monopoly and openly infringe on Constitutional rights.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Not when they are a monopoly and openly infringe on Constitutional rights.
    They are not a monopoly when it comes to weapons and ammunition.
    Now, when I can't hand my Visa card over to @Jem when I want a few boxes of 300BLK or another weapon (I never need the weapon but Jem is very persuasive), then there's a problem.
    If Walmart wants to get out of the ammo business, fine. It's not my go-to for guns and ammo. On the other hand, we'll have problems when we can't order bulk ammo from the internet.
    Prepared One likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

If Wal Mart really believed in this gun issue, they would take all guns and ammo off the shelves immediately and eat the loss..
    But no, they are going to sell what they have and just not bring anymore in.
    https://corporate.walmart.com/newsro...-and-southaven
    ""Today, we’re sharing the decisions we’ve made that go further:

After selling through our current inventory commitments, we will discontinue sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons;
    We will sell through and discontinue handgun ammunition; and
    We will discontinue handgun sales in Alaska, marking our complete exit from handguns."
    Slippy, Prepared One and Denton like this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

I think we all do, the problem is that just because we believe in something does not automatically believe "Big Brother" is going to let us roam freely.

Here's a fer-instance. I never take my personal CCW pistol off my belt, when I leave home the gun goes with me--you cannot schedule an emergency. So let's assume that my wife gives me a shopping list and I have to go to the local mall.

As I innocently walk around in the complex I will enter and exit several stores, some of whom allow for CCW and many of those who prohibit that same behavior. Now, 'gray hair' is a great disguise, so I wander and dither and say "hi" to all the police officers I meet.

I'm even thinking about building a fifth column entitled, "Fudds For Firearms." Lots of "F" sounds, don't you think? Strangely an 'F' sound is what I think of modern society...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

I agree. They are free to sell, or not sell, what ever they choose. I think it was a chicken shit PC decision on their part, particularly in the manner in which they chose to implement the policy. I mean really, sell out existing stock before you stop selling? That's a real commitment to your values. But, it's their company and they can do as they wish. It is however, a telling indication of things to come in this country. It's just another step in the process.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 09-07-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    Denton likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links