What does it mean?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What does it mean?

This is a discussion on What does it mean? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; When you hear the same song twice in one day and it's a song that you haven't heard in probably 20 years what does that ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: What does it mean?

Super Moderator

What does it mean?

When you hear the same song twice in one day and it's a song that you haven't heard in probably 20 years what does that mean? Should I go out and play the lottery? I heard it once on the radio in the car and then again at Trader Joe's while shopping. It was John Mellencamp's when I fight Authority.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

I liked some of John's music, but he's left winged kook.
    Slippy likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    I liked some of John's music, but he's left winged kook.
    Well, yeah they're a dime a dozen out there and then some. Should I buy a lottery ticket? What are the odds? This could be my lucky day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

It just means they have a short loop on their music

Super Moderator

Let the former radio dj (aka air talent as we like to be known) try to shed some light on this. People in radio are lazy. Period. It is the music directors job to pick the music you hear on a station. He is VERY lazy. Mainly because hes more worried about getting stoned and flirting with the underage interns.

Every month a few prominent radio industry/music magazines (now all websites) produce a "suggestion" playlist. This is to give the music director an idea of what is/was popular during any given month of a previous year. Instead of using it as a guide Music Directors typically just repeat it verbatim. Because they are lazy and someone else just did their job for them.

The reason you heard it in Trader Joe's is because they use a music service. The music services uses the same "guide" as a radio station.

So no, it's not some cosmic force trying to tell you something. It's just plain ol' laziness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Marica, Denton and Prepared One like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Annie, THE SAME MELLENCAMP SONG TWICE IN ONE DAY? WHAT DID YOU DO?

Sounds to me that our Good Lord is punishing you for something. Maybe confession later hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    When you hear the same song twice in one day and it's a song that you haven't heard in probably 20 years what does that mean? Should I go out and play the lottery? I heard it once on the radio in the car and then again at Trader Joe's while shopping. It was John Mellencamp's when I fight Authority.

Mine was yesterday. Walking in for happy hour and found 10 bucks in the parking lot blowing around in the breeze. NO one outside. Not only cheap beer but free beer for a while, dang.
    Annie and Slippy like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Annie, THE SAME MELLENCAMP SONG TWICE IN ONE DAY? WHAT DID YOU DO?

Sounds to me that our Good Lord is punishing you for something. Maybe confession later hmmmm?
    I know, I know....I always need confession. Seriously.

But actually Mellencamp is small potatoes. I went for powerball @80 million. I was going to do mega million @130, but thought that might be a little selfish and 80 mil should theoretically be enough. I keep hearing my old priest saying, "You shall earn your keep by the sweat of your brows", God bless him. Gambling is the devil's playground. Mr Slippy, if I win, the party is on me.
    Slippy likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tango2X View Post
    It just means they have a short loop on their music
    See now that's the thing. the music came from a radio station and later from whatever else they've got playing in Trader Joe's---something different.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Let the former radio dj (aka air talent as we like to be known) try to shed some light on this. People in radio are lazy. Period. It is the music directors job to pick the music you hear on a station. He is VERY lazy. Mainly because hes more worried about getting stoned and flirting with the underage interns.

Every month a few prominent radio industry/music magazines (now all websites) produce a "suggestion" playlist. This is to give the music director an idea of what is/was popular during any given month of a previous year. Instead of using it as a guide Music Directors typically just repeat it verbatim. Because they are lazy and someone else just did their job for them.

The reason you heard it in Trader Joe's is because they use a music service. The music services uses the same "guide" as a radio station.

So no, it's not some cosmic force trying to tell you something. It's just plain ol' laziness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Does this mean I'm not going to win all that money?
    Sasquatch likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links