Post a picture of your “healthy” meal. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Post a picture of your “healthy” meal.

This is a discussion on Post a picture of your “healthy” meal. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by KUSA That food sure looks tasty. I quit eating things like that because it gave me boobs and a big gut. It ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Post a picture of your “healthy” meal.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    That food sure looks tasty. I quit eating things like that because it gave me boobs and a big gut. It only took about 4 months of healthy eating to make the boobs and gut go away.
    In all honesty, . . . I did something similar, . . . 15 years ago, . . . I had been on high blood pressure meds for around 10 years, . . . to control the lower number, . . . which my doctor told me that I "had to" keep it down.

Dr. Adkins convinced me his diet might work, . . . so I tossed the carbs, . . . nary a one for almost 2 years, . . . lost 40 pounds, . . . BP went normal.

I've since gained back 25 of the 40 but the BP stays down, . . . and I'm a happy camper.

I just did one thing, . . . cut back on the portions and "number of plates" at a sitting.

Went thru open heart surgery (split like a thanksgiving turkey type), . . . got a new aortic valve, . . . been healthier the last 8 years than I was the 20 before.

Glad you also found "your way" to do it, . . . lots of things money can buy to make folks happy, . . . good health ain't one, . . . it's on us to do that.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    KUSA and bigwheel like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Tonight’s healthy meal is:
    Seasoned grilled chicken strips
    Black beans with onions
    Corn

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    looks like poor old Wilbur was having a bad day.
    Ragnarök and hawgrider like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    In all honesty, . . . I did something similar, . . . 15 years ago, . . . I had been on high blood pressure meds for around 10 years, . . . to control the lower number, . . . which my doctor told me that I "had to" keep it down.

Dr. Adkins convinced me his diet might work, . . . so I tossed the carbs, . . . nary a one for almost 2 years, . . . lost 40 pounds, . . . BP went normal.

I've since gained back 25 of the 40 but the BP stays down, . . . and I'm a happy camper.

I just did one thing, . . . cut back on the portions and "number of plates" at a sitting.

Went thru open heart surgery (split like a thanksgiving turkey type), . . . got a new aortic valve, . . . been healthier the last 8 years than I was the 20 before.

Glad you also found "your way" to do it, . . . lots of things money can buy to make folks happy, . . . good health ain't one, . . . it's on us to do that.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Glad Atkins worked for you. We did Atkins twice. First time when the book came out in the 70s and again when it got popular in the late 90s. Grown kids on it too. Caused both to need gall bladder surgery..or thats the prevalent theory as to what caused it anyway. They followed it faithfully.

Not sure how healthy but these frozen dinners are not half bad. They cook much better in the oven than the microwave. The cornbread turns into a brick mcrowave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -healthy-meal.jpg  

Slippy likes this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Not sure how healthy but these frozen dinners are not half bad. They cook much better in the oven than the microwave. The cornbread turns into a brick mcrowave.
    Franks= Goood!
    bigwheel likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Today’s healthy meal is chicken chili.
    bigwheel likes this.

Looks yummy. Where dat recipe? Wheres the cornbread? lol.
    KUSA likes this.

Today’s healthy breakfast is a duck egg and a couple of chicken eggs.

bigwheel likes this.

We had a nice duck named Fred..that got renamed Fredda after she started laying near an egg a day for a long time. Those duck eggs are richer than three foot up a bulls butt as my Daddy often said about rich things..including people and food. How come you cant have any sausage or bacon with it? Fried tates...gravy..Ranch styles beans..biscuits etc? Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links