80 years ago - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

80 years ago

This is a discussion on 80 years ago within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Maine-Marine you do not understand that it was a massive chain of dominoes that brought hitler to power. here is an online ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: 80 years ago

  1. #51
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Way North East
    Posts
    5,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    you do not understand that it was a massive chain of dominoes that brought hitler to power.

    here is an online history for kids.. very easy to read and understand.. https://www.ducksters.com/history/wo...ses_of_ww2.php

    "In many ways, World War 2 was a direct result of the turmoil left behind by World War 1. Below are some of the main causes of World War 2.

    Treaty of Versailles

    The Treaty of Versailles ended World War I between Germany and the Allied Powers. Because Germany had lost the war, the treaty was very harsh against Germany. Germany was forced to "accept the responsibility" of the war damages suffered by the Allies. The treaty required that Germany pay a huge sum of money called reparations. "

    knowledge and truth are important
    I understand history.

    My Father was battle of Britain. He survivied bombing the Krats daytime. Then when we had Fhrency again, he bombed them more. I have a picture of him , stting on a tank, in Fhrency, 1944.

  2. #52
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Way North East
    Posts
    5,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    you do not understand that it was a massive chain of dominoes that brought hitler to power.

    here is an online history for kids.. very easy to read and understand.. https://www.ducksters.com/history/wo...ses_of_ww2.php

    "In many ways, World War 2 was a direct result of the turmoil left behind by World War 1. Below are some of the main causes of World War 2.

    Treaty of Versailles

    The Treaty of Versailles ended World War I between Germany and the Allied Powers. Because Germany had lost the war, the treaty was very harsh against Germany. Germany was forced to "accept the responsibility" of the war damages suffered by the Allies. The treaty required that Germany pay a huge sum of money called reparations. "

    knowledge and truth are important
    I understand history.

    My Father was battle of Britain. He survivied bombing the Krats daytime. Then when we had Fhrency again, he bombed them more. I have a picture of him , stting on a tank, in Fhrency, 1944.

  3. #53
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    17,835
    Global Events over the past 80 years have made me believe that US Isolationism may be the best Strategy for the next 80 years.

    The massive amounts of money, resources and lives that the US has spent since WW2 would have been much better spent on domestic business.

    Screw the UN, Screw the commies that we have supported around the world and damn every politician that has sent Patriots to their death in order to save them and not US.
    Last edited by Slippy; 09-02-2019 at 07:14 PM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #54
    The Good Cop


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    S.E. Georgia / N.E. Florida
    Posts
    11,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Global Events over the past 80 years have made me believe that US Isolationism may be the best Strategy for the next 80 years.

    The massive amounts of money, resources and lives that the US has spent since WW2 would have been much better spent on domestic business.

    Screw the UN, Screw the commies that we have supported around the world and damn every politician that has sent Patriots to their death in order to save them and not US.
    Preach it, my man!!!!!
    We DO NOT NEED to be the world's policemen.

    The biggest bunch of BS hooey is the American military are "fighting for our freedom."
    B flippin' S. The last time that happened was WWII.
    I damn sure wasn't fighting "for our freedom" in Vietnam. The sergeants who trained me damn sure weren't fighting for America's freedom in Korea.
    The guys on this board who served in Afghanistan and Iraq weren't fighting for MY FREEDOM. OR YOURS. OR ANY OTHER AMERICAN.
    It is nothing more than A BIG LIE.

    And I too believe in what the John Birch Society has been saying for well over 50 years - "Get the US out of the UN, and get the UN out of the US".

    Dang, Slippy my friend, you got me all wound up!!!
    Inor, Slippy, Prepared One and 3 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

  6. #55
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Fire Land
    Posts
    7,469
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Preach it, my man!!!!!
    We DO NOT NEED to be the world's policemen.

    The biggest bunch of BS hooey is the American military are "fighting for our freedom."
    B flippin' S. The last time that happened was WWII.
    I damn sure wasn't fighting "for our freedom" in Vietnam. The sergeants who trained me damn sure weren't fighting for America's freedom in Korea.
    The guys on this board who served in Afghanistan and Iraq weren't fighting for MY FREEDOM. OR YOURS. OR ANY OTHER AMERICAN.
    It is nothing more than A BIG LIE.

    And I too believe in what the John Birch Society has been saying for well over 50 years - "Get the US out of the UN, and get the UN out of the US".

    Dang, Slippy my friend, you got me all wound up!!!
    Indeed!!! What the hell do I care if some sock-head knows a whit about John Locke?
    Slippy likes this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

  7. #56
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that if the French had not come to our aid during the Revolution, we would still be part of Great Britain.

    I have friends in France that to this day remember and honor their American liberators.

    ThanksGIs celebrates my division, the 5th Infantry, crossing the Moselle and freeing the villages of Dornot, and Corny.
    I personally know the President of this organization, and have met her through our reunions.
    I was working in Italy about 20 years ago, and the Scientist I was working with took me to visit his mother, She was a young lady during WWII. And when she found out that my Dad had fought in Italy, she could not thank me/him enough for what he did. He spent 3 years fighting from southern to northern Italy.

  8. #57
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The French are this country's oldest ally.
    If the French army had not been bled white in WWI by truly incompetent leadership, they might have done a little better in WWII.

    Montgomery's leadership of the British was so hesitant that they were not much help, either.
    Exactly this. The French army in WWI was a definite force, but they were hindered by incompetent leadership. Dan Carlin has a great series of Podcasts about World War I that speaks to this and many other amazing facts about the Great War.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Romans 10:9 KJV
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

  9. #58
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Pete Florida
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Old Man View Post
    France was in possession of Alsace-Loraine at the time WWII broke out. One of her spoils being on the winning side in WWI
    My fault, but it is understandable, of me, since Germany was in possession of all of France by 1940.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

  10. #59
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,316
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    My fault, but it is understandable, of me, since Germany was in possession of all of France by 1940.
    All of this history was five years before my time, and my parents usually watered down all of the good stories. Fortunately when I got to high school I had a teacher complete with newspaper files and memory of those times.

    I actually learned to respect my father based on this. I learned that my Dad was born during WWI, grew up during The Depression and got married at the very start of WWII.

    He had nothing, but found a good job, didn't object to his plight, and finally became the Executive Vice-President of that same company. I think if that would have been me, I would have verbally complained at the volume and hysterics of your average baby-boomer...
    MisterMills357 likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  11. #60
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Pete Florida
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    All of this history was five years before my time, and my parents usually watered down all of the good stories. Fortunately when I got to high school I had a teacher complete with newspaper files and memory of those times.

    I actually learned to respect my father based on this. I learned that my Dad was born during WWI, grew up during The Depression and got married at the very start of WWII.

    He had nothing, but found a good job, didn't object to his plight, and finally became the Executive Vice-President of that same company. I think if that would have been me, I would have verbally complained at the volume and hysterics of your average baby-boomer...
    America is not made of the material that was in your father, and it is tottering on a precipice. We are at another great moment in history, and I don't know which way America will go. But I do know, that most of it does not have the guts to fight. I wonder if it will survive, or if it will roll over and play dead?
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 09-03-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

 

 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top