Dorian

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dorian

This is a discussion on Dorian within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Going through the forums, getting a few laughs, learning a few things, I noticed there wasnít anything about Dorian. Iím sure we have some members ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Dorian

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande

Dorian

Going through the forums, getting a few laughs, learning a few things, I noticed there wasnít anything about Dorian.

Iím sure we have some members in the cone or at risk and Iím sure, or hope, they are busy getting ready.

Praying for all the folks in Fla... Most of my family is down that way but thankfully most are on the west coast and prepared.

Itís interesting (educational) to see the news reports about the lines at gas stations, the empty shelves in stores and the actions of some folks.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Well I would hope anyone reading this forum in line for Dorian is already prepared. Having a cup of coffee deciding when they will put the rest of the boarding on windows. Checking on elderly neighbors ect
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Those in it's path need to get it done in a hurry. it will be nasty. I don't think it will cross into the gulf but I am keeping an eye on it.
    inceptor likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Who makes up these idiotic names for Hurricanes?

I suggest we use Stripper Names!

The Good Cop

We are in the northern most tip of Florida.
    By the time it gets up here, it will just be a tropical storm.
    Yet people are going crazy, stripping grocery shelves like locusts in a wheat field.
    The closest town to us has 2,000 people and two gas stations, yet BOTH were out of gasoline yesterday afternoon.
    My biggest bitch is I’m supposed to fly out of Jacksonville on Wednesday morning to head to the 99th annual reunion of the 5th Infantry Division, and by then it is forecast to still be a Cat 1 and about 60 miles south of Jax.

Sonofabitch
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

I do have family and friends still in the target zone, and a Cat 4 is a catastrophic level.
    Andrew in 1992 that destroyed the city of Homestead caused a major rewrite of Florida building codes, which are now the toughest in the nation.
    Heck, even our mobile home is rated for 125 mph sustained wind.
    I know that 80 mph winds barely ruffled the vinyl siding, and Irma two years ago just took some shingles off the roof.
    inceptor, Prepared One and 0rocky like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Yet people are going crazy, stripping grocery shelves like locusts in a wheat field.
    The closest town to us has 2,000 people and two gas stations, yet BOTH were out of gasoline yesterday afternoon.
    My biggest bitch is I’m supposed to fly out of Jacksonville on Wednesday morning to head to the 99th annual reunion of the 5th Infantry Division, and by then it is forecast to still be a Cat 1 and about 60 miles south of Jax.

Sonofabitch
    RPD,

Might be easier to drive to Atlanta and catch your connecting flight there instead of risking the cancellations and delays that might occur in Jacksonville?
    Inor, rice paddy daddy and Marica like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    RPD,

Might be easier to drive to Atlanta and catch your connecting flight there instead of risking the cancellations and delays that might occur in Jacksonville?
    I second that advice! Just make sure you call Delta first and tell them what you are doing or they will invalidate your whole return ticket. (I had that happen to me once, at the JAX airport even.)
    Slippy and rice paddy daddy like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post

Sonofabitch
    You need to head north and catch a flight.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

My worry is a great big, knarly tree that is right beside my house, if that thing comes down it will mash my house. The storm is projected to run out of gas pretty fast though; so if it travels to St Pete, it will only be a tropical storm.

And the grocery stores and gas stations are experiencing a run, it is that way all over Florida.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links