Dorian - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dorian

This is a discussion on Dorian within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Thanks, Marica. My wife and I went to the mall, and I didn't see a single headline or hear a stray conversation on the storms ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Dorian

Thanks, Marica. My wife and I went to the mall, and I didn't see a single headline or hear a stray conversation on the storms in east Florida.
    Marica likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Thanks, Marica. My wife and I went to the mall, and I didn't see a single headline or hear a stray conversation on the storms in east Florida.
    No prob. I'm a weather geek. More importantly, one daughter & husband are in FLA (Gulf side), another and her hubby in central NC, and another and our grandson down east NC. So I"m paying attention.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    NWS in Miami is reporting that Dorian has wind gusts of >220mph. That's some TEOTWAWKI sh*t right there.
    Dorian is now tied with the Florida Labor Day Hurricane of 1935 for being the most powerful Atlantic hurricane to make landfall.
    The 1935 storm literally washed over several Keys.
    Dorian is doing the same to the Bahamas right now. When the film starts coming in, it is going to be very ugly.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

RPD. Does not seem proper to "like" that but you're correct.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Florida is lucky it is not going due west.

It still brings east coast into line of storm. Who knows how strong.

Best wishes those there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    No prob. I'm a weather geek. More importantly, one daughter & husband are in FLA (Gulf side), another and her hubby in central NC, and another and our grandson down east NC. So I"m paying attention.
    I'm beginning to wonder if Wisconsin thinks it's in a differing country than the USA. I mean, that hurricane could have destroyed all of Florida, and my guess is that I would have heard about it in the third story on local radio. After all, many Wisconsin seniors have second homes in Florida to escape bad winters here.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if Wisconsin thinks it's in a differing country than the USA. I mean, that hurricane could have destroyed all of Florida, and my guess is that I would have heard about it in the third story on local radio. After all, many Wisconsin seniors have second homes in Florida to escape bad winters here.
    It would be totally different if Dorian was bearing down on a bastion of Democratic Liberalism, filled with victims of oppression, like New Orleans.

America was beaten up relentlessly by the media for several years over Katrina.
    Denton and Slippy like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Until she actually starts going North, I would treat her as she is coming straight through. No one knows exactly what she will do. Hurricanes can/do change course.
    I am in Okinawa right now, and wife and I bought a few little items for extra guests we may end up taking care of in South Carolina. But, we have a plan, and plan we will execute.
    Denton, Slippy and inceptor like this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Dorian is now tied with the Florida Labor Day Hurricane of 1935 for being the most powerful Atlantic hurricane to make landfall.
    The 1935 storm literally washed over several Keys.
    Dorian is doing the same to the Bahamas right now. When the film starts coming in, it is going to be very ugly.
    We have to wonder in 1935 they did not measure wind or anything about a weather event any where near as accurate as we do now . So when they say something is the strongest, hottest ,coldest we have give it some room for error.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    We have to wonder in 1935 they did not measure wind or anything about a weather event any where near as accurate as we do now . So when they say something is the strongest, hottest ,coldest we have give it some room for error.
    Reply forthcoming. Need more coffee.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links