Dorian - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Dorian

This is a discussion on Dorian within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Slippy RPD, Might be easier to drive to Atlanta and catch your connecting flight there instead of risking the cancellations and delays ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Dorian

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    RPD,

Might be easier to drive to Atlanta and catch your connecting flight there instead of risking the cancellations and delays that might occur in Jacksonville?
    Thanks. I’m not a “flyer”, I never would have thought of that.
    I’d have to rent a car for a one way trip and turn it in at Atlanta airport , it wouldn’t cost that much.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    My worry is a great big, knarly tree that is right beside my house, if that thing comes down it will mash my house. The storm is projected to run out of gas pretty fast though; so if it travels to St Pete, it will only be a tropical storm.

And the grocery stores and gas stations are experiencing a run, it is that way all over Florida.
    Good luck, but should luck not hold out, just stay in whatever part of the house will be away from the tree--should it come down. I know you know, just saying. I've been there and done that.

Last year we noticed that a stray limb of a tree from the city's green space was leaning closer and closer to our roof. We had a service come here and take it down. Now, technically, technically, technically, I arranged to have a private contractor destroy a city possession.

Then again, I like "private contractors." They work for cash, there's no paperwork, and they even clean up after themselves.

Edit: BTW, I couldn't help seeing this post and wondering if it dealt with "The Picture of Dorian Gray."
    Marica likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Hang tight RPD. I know you have your ducks in a row.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

it looks like the eye of dorian will go up the eastern half of Florida. but yet.I'm still keeping a eye on it.just in case it crosses over into the gulf..on account it'll regain strength. and go where ever if it does.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Hang tight RPD. I know you have your ducks in a row.
    5:00 PM update today shows it coming ashore south of Cape Canaveral as a Cat 4, then turning and going up the coast and still being a Cat 2 when it gets to Jacksonville Wednesday afternoon.
    Even if I could fly out before it got here, I don't believe I could leave the wife here alone with the animals with a Cat 2. Cat 1, yes, no problem, but a 2 is different.

I realized I couldn't rent a car to drive to Atlanta and pick up the connecting flight because I do not have a credit card. Haven't had one of those in over 30 years.

So, assuming the airport is back in business on Thursday, I would only lose one day.
    And, if it wasn't meant to be, then it wasn't meant to be. So far I'm only out $330 for the plane ticket, and $230 for the reunion fees (2 side trips, 2 banquets, plus registration fee).

There's always next year. San Antonio and I can drive there.
    Prepared One likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Great we will have a whole new supply of cars coming up here in about a month. Nice clean rust free southern rigs just in time for winter.

Noticed I just cleared 5000 posts. What's the prize??
    Last edited by Chipper; 08-30-2019 at 06:16 PM.
    SGG and Marica like this.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Well RPD, if you do drive to SA next year by all mean let me know as you pass through houston.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Well RPD, if you do drive to SA next year by all mean let me know as you pass through houston.
    San Antonio will be the Society of the Fifth Division's 100th annual reunion - a big deal.
    We are the oldest continuously active unit organization in the country.

I'll be glad to stop and buy you a cup of coffee.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    5:00 PM update today shows it coming ashore south of Cape Canaveral as a Cat 4, then turning and going up the coast and still being a Cat 2 when it gets to Jacksonville Wednesday afternoon.
    Even if I could fly out before it got here, I don't believe I could leave the wife here alone with the animals with a Cat 2. Cat 1, yes, no problem, but a 2 is different.

I realized I couldn't rent a car to drive to Atlanta and pick up the connecting flight because I do not have a credit card. Haven't had one of those in over 30 years.

So, assuming the airport is back in business on Thursday, I would only lose one day.
    And, if it wasn't meant to be, then it wasn't meant to be. So far I'm only out $330 for the plane ticket, and $230 for the reunion fees (2 side trips, 2 banquets, plus registration fee).

There's always next year. San Antonio and I can drive there.
    RPD,

Son2 (Lineman for Southern Company/GA Power) just got his orders to be on standby and pack for 1 week of travel to somewhere in coastal GA or FL. His crew usually works the Savannah/Brunswick/Statesboro area so if things get too hairy down your way, let me know and maybe Son2 can call in a favor for your area. Are you serviced by Florida Power & Light?
    Marica likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links