Update
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Update

This is a discussion on Update within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hello again everyone, It's been a very good long while since I've posted on here. Clearly I'm not dead, just life got really busy. So ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Update

West Side of the Lower Pennisula of Michigan

Update

Hello again everyone,

It's been a very good long while since I've posted on here. Clearly I'm not dead, just life got really busy. So we'll start out with the good news. Last November Mrs. warrior and I welcomed our first daughter into the world. Little warrior is 9 months old now and has this habit of of smiling at these things called boys. I think I may need to invest in 40 acres, a shotgun, and a decent alibi. In all seriousness she's doing great and lights up the room.

Last December I had to go in for two heart surgeries. I've had a pacemaker since I was 2 years old. The first surgery was to take out 4 old wires, put in 3 new wires, and upgrade the actual pacer. They did that but because the old wires were threaded through one of my heart valves that valve became very leaky. A few weeks after that first surgery I was back in for the second surgery. It was open heart surgery to repair the valve. The surgery went well. My doctor said I'd been in the hospital for 7-11 days. I made it out in 5 and went home Christmas morning. By mid February I was back at work.

So those are the big things that have happened with me. Glad to see some familiar names still around. Nice to see some new people too. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Glad you're back and walking! A pacemaker since 2?! omg, don't hear much on open heart surgeries at that age. Wishing you and the new addition to your family the best.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Quote Originally Posted by warrior4 View Post
    Hello again everyone,

It's been a very good long while since I've posted on here. Clearly I'm not dead, just life got really busy. So we'll start out with the good news. Last November Mrs. warrior and I welcomed our first daughter into the world. Little warrior is 9 months old now and has this habit of of smiling at these things called boys. I think I may need to invest in 40 acres, a shotgun, and a decent alibi. In all seriousness she's doing great and lights up the room.

Last December I had to go in for two heart surgeries. I've had a pacemaker since I was 2 years old. The first surgery was to take out 4 old wires, put in 3 new wires, and upgrade the actual pacer. They did that but because the old wires were threaded through one of my heart valves that valve became very leaky. A few weeks after that first surgery I was back in for the second surgery. It was open heart surgery to repair the valve. The surgery went well. My doctor said I'd been in the hospital for 7-11 days. I made it out in 5 and went home Christmas morning. By mid February I was back at work.

So those are the big things that have happened with me. Glad to see some familiar names still around. Nice to see some new people too. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
    Damn Son, WOW!

Glad you are back and you are a for sure miracle! Congrats on the baby and I can help with the alibi when you need it.
    MaterielGeneral likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

West Side of the Lower Pennisula of Michigan
    I knew I could count on you Slippy. Good to be back.
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Glad to see ya back and all is well. Congrats on your baby daughter. Might I suggest a double barrel 12 gauge, and a wood chipper. No body, no need for an alibi. Although, I am more then sure @Slippy can come up with one hell of a whopper.
    Slippy likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Been there, done that, . . . with the open heart surgery.

Glad you are among us again / still, . . . and have the little one.

Oh, . . . the acres and alibi are only half, . . . don't forget "serious bail money and a Chicago lawyer"

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Glad to hear the surgeries went well and congrats on the birth. Just wait until she hits 13, hee hee, hee. Yeah I will let you figure out that part.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Congrats and I'm glad you came back to say HI to us.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Welcome back and hearty congrats on the new Warrior addition. Praise the Lord for that and an improvement on the health issues. Some kin had similar surgery. Its pretty brutal.

Super Moderator

Welcome back, congratulations, and I'm very glad you are still among the living!
    bigwheel likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links