Ever Cracked a Rib?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ever Cracked a Rib?

This is a discussion on Ever Cracked a Rib? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Seems I cracked two ribs, Saturday. That's what the doctor told me, today. Don't cough, laugh, move quickly and definitely do not sneeze. Double up ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Ever Cracked a Rib?

Super Moderator

Ever Cracked a Rib?

Seems I cracked two ribs, Saturday. That's what the doctor told me, today.

Don't cough, laugh, move quickly and definitely do not sneeze. Double up on antihistamines. Take no chance.

Doc: How'd you do this?
    Me: Gardening.
    Doc: What - Say that again?

Slippy, jimb1972 and RedLion like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

When I had cracked ribs I slept in the recliner, sob trying to even get upright. Been a couple of months and I still feel tender. Old bones take longer to heal. Wish you the best. Tripped on the wood pile with arms full and no where or time to do anything else but fall.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 08-21-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    Denton and RedLion like this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Never had a cracked or broken rib but I heard they were painful.

Good advise on not laughing or coughing or sneezing...but what about having a daily...ummm...for lack of a more polite term....having a "Sit Down" and taking your daily "constitutional"? Bet thats painful...Fiber might help.
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Never had a cracked or broken rib but I heard they were painful.

Good advise on not laughing or coughing or sneezing...but what about having a daily...ummm...for lack of a more polite term....having a "Sit Down" and taking your daily "constitutional"? Bet thats painful...Fiber might help.
    Funny you say that. Let's just say that we take things for granted.
    Slippy and 1skrewsloose like this.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    When I had cracked ribs I slept in the recliner, sob trying to even get upright. Been a couple of months and I still feel tender. Old bones take longer to heal. Wish you the best. Tripped on the wood pile with arms full and no where or time to do anything else but fall.
    I'm still sleeping in the bed but there's a lot of foul language when I get up.

Been a couple months and you still feel tender? Crap!
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Its really not that bad.......only hurts when you breathe.
    Denton, Slippy, T-Man 1066 and 3 others like this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

I cracked 2 under my right armpit. Not really pain now but can still feel where I took the blow.
    Denton likes this.

I had bruised ribs and that wasn’t pleasant...that I got from some bare knuckle boxing when I was younger.

Ice bath and hot tub if you can manage getting in and out..maybe not worth it though. You could invest in some bourbon
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

For those that have not enjoyed the experience, there is not much you can do. I asked the doc about wrapping me up, he said no, better you know your limits. They could give pain meds then you'd just think you were all better and make things worse.
    Denton likes this.

I like the bourbon idea.
    Denton, Slippy and Prepared One like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links