Ever Cracked a Rib? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ever Cracked a Rib?

This is a discussion on Ever Cracked a Rib? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; This thread grew legs quick..so I am too busy to read what yall said..but in the opionon of most experts is the pain from a ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Ever Cracked a Rib?

This thread grew legs quick..so I am too busy to read what yall said..but in the opionon of most experts is the pain from a broke rib is somewhere between childbirth and open heart surgery wihtout anesthisia. All us old boy scouts know the only relief comes from having the victim exhale fully and tying and official boy scout neckerchief around the effected area his her its circumfrence. Snug it up and tell them to breath again. A person who does that dont need as many pills probably. The ends of the bones is rubbing together is the problem child. Anchor em down. There ya go.

Super Moderator

@Denton I'm glad I still have your address because I'm going to send you some flowers and a box of tampons. Man up! Couple cracked ribs, big deal. Back in my day we'd get a foot or ear lopped off and still go to school. I was once hit by a semi that burst into flames. Charred me from head to toe but I still made it home for dinner. Plus I stopped at the store to pick up some milk. So quit your pity party and go do something really painful like pass a stone or get your nuts slammed in the car door (don't ask). You kids today are soft. Disgusts me to no end!
    Denton, Prepared One, Joe and 2 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    @Denton I'm glad I still have your address because I'm going to send you some flowers and a box of tampons. Man up! Couple cracked ribs, big deal. Back in my day we'd get a foot or ear lopped off and still go to school. I was once hit by a semi that burst into flames. Charred me from head to toe but I still made it home for dinner. Plus I stopped at the store to pick up some milk. So quit your pity party and go do something really painful like pass a stone or get your nuts slammed in the car door (don't ask). You kids today are soft. Disgusts me to no end!
    First off, I am not a kid. I am your elder and you will show respect.
    Secondly, do you remember when you attended that Cryptozoological convention and got raped by Nessie? You called me after you spent three days in the shower, scrubbing yourself raw. You whined and whined on the phone, complaining about how your mangina was aching. So now, you turn against me? Pfft.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Broken ribs are the gift that keeps on giving. You can look forward to months of pain, just pray they are healed up by cold and flu season. I broke a few along with my collar bone and thumb when I fell off a roof, thumb and clavicle were healed up in weeks, ribs not so much.
    bigwheel likes this.
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- The wise words of Benjamin Franklin.

I busted 4 clean in half when a drunk ran head on into me. It hurt to breath or move. Not unbearable until I sneezed and the jagged edges punctured my left lung. Pneumothorax. It truly sucked.
    Denton, RedLion, bigwheel and 1 others like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    I busted 4 clean in half when a drunk ran head on into me. It hurt to breath or move. Not unbearable until I sneezed and the jagged edges punctured my left lung. Pneumothorax. It truly sucked.
    Crap! Four? Clean in two? Not unbearable?

OK. I am a wuss.
    bigwheel likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    First off, I am not a kid. I am your elder and you will show respect.
    Secondly, do you remember when you attended that Cryptozoological convention and got raped by Nessie? You called me after you spent three days in the shower, scrubbing yourself raw. You whined and whined on the phone, complaining about how your mangina was aching. So now, you turn against me? Pfft.
    Annie is backing out of the thread slowly.
    SGG, Denton, Sasquatch and 2 others like this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Annie is backing out of the thread slowly.
    Back out if you like, but that means I won't tell you what happened to their lust-child. I'll just say it was put up for adoption to a couple in Arkansas. There might or might not be a hairy, aquatic creature residing in Lake Ouachita.
    bigwheel and Slippy like this.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

The key is just not to move. They don't tape them up or anything anymore you just have to bear through it. After I punctured the lung They cut into my chest cavity under my arm. Then they wrapped a chest tube around my lung. Wide awake, Owie.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Back out if you like, but that means I won't tell you what happened to their lust-child. I'll just say it was put up for adoption to a couple in Arkansas. There might or might not be a hairy, aquatic creature residing in Lake Ouachita.
    OMGratious!

Denton likes this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links