Ever Cracked a Rib? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ever Cracked a Rib?

This is a discussion on Ever Cracked a Rib? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Ragnarök I had bruised ribs and that wasn’t pleasant...that I got from some bare knuckle boxing when I was younger. Ice bath ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Ever Cracked a Rib?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    I had bruised ribs and that wasn’t pleasant...that I got from some bare knuckle boxing when I was younger.

Ice bath and hot tub if you can manage getting in and out..maybe not worth it though. You could invest in some bourbon
    I've given up bourbon. I've decided I am too irresponsible for it.

The non-opioid painkillers don't work and the opioids make me itch like mad. I agreed on a muscle relaxer so the pain would stress out the muscles.
    Then, she said I was taking a mandatory vacation from work for a week. Maybe longer. What?!? OK, I said. I wasn't worth a spit at work Monday and Tuesday. Still, I need to know what is going on!

I'm glad this didn't happen during a SHTF event. I'm worthless except for being someone who growls and cusses for no apparent reasons.
    RedLion likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Now you all know why in PBR they all wear those vests.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Several at once. Playing frisbee football in the winter on frozen ground and a 200 pounder landed on top of me. I heard the crunch but continued to play. They asked me on my retirement physical, when I cracked my ribs and why was it not in my medical records? I said broken ribs would have grounded me until they healed, No thanks!
    Denton and RedLion like this.
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Half mile west of where Jesus left His sandals.
    I broke the first 7 on my right side when I was young.. Yep. sneezing, falling on ice, poopin, it all sucked. 20 years later I fell sideways onto a piece of construction equipment (long story) and although no re-broken ribs, I tore my liver. Hurt alot more than the ribs. Still can feel the scar tissue 4 years later. I bled out my liver for 3 days.

Good luck. it eventually gets better, not quickly enough.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man 1066 View Post
    I broke the first 7 on my right side when I was young.. Yep. sneezing, falling on ice, poopin, it all sucked. 20 years later I fell sideways onto a piece of construction equipment (long story) and although no re-broken ribs, I tore my liver. Hurt alot more than the ribs. Still can feel the scar tissue 4 years later. I bled out my liver for 3 days.

Good luck. it eventually gets better, not quickly enough.
    Torn liver? You win the HOLY CRAP! award!
    T-Man 1066 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

I was going to say,"are you sh**ting me" You're lucky to be alive. WOW.
    T-Man 1066 likes this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dsdmmat View Post
    Several at once. Playing frisbee football in the winter on frozen ground and a 200 pounder landed on top of me. I heard the crunch but continued to play. They asked me on my retirement physical, when I cracked my ribs and why was it not in my medical records? I said broken ribs would have grounded me until they healed, No thanks!
    Interesting!
    Yesterday, it took a lot of cyphering on how to get into the cockpit and reaching back to pull a circuit breaker was out of the question - even with copious amounts of cussing!
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Broke more than one at a a time and not just once. Drinking to help with pain is a bad Idea. Leave the pain meds they should be saved for no other option. Good luck it will get better. Motorcycles are a blast. Even hitting the ground is exciting, for a short time then the pain.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 08-21-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    Denton, T-Man 1066, SGG and 1 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Half mile west of where Jesus left His sandals.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    I was going to say,"are you sh**ting me" You're lucky to be alive. WOW.
    Yea, I used to think I was tough... that hurt to sit, stand, crap, and if I did none of the above, i had muscle spasms for about 2 weeks that would make a real man cry.. yea it sucked. Only missed one day of work. I had a purple & yellow bruise from my armpit to below my belt line. Would not recommend it.. bleh

I've broken ribs in quite a few places, none were fun. The floating ribs, in the back, side, near sternum; all separate instances.

I've done a lot of crazy outside activities and also had jobs/work that were dangerous. I'm lucky not to be dead for motorcycle fun.

The worst time was when I also caught a cold that turned into mild pneumonia. I never went to the doctor for the ribs, until the coughing aggravated the pain so bad. He gave me antibiotics for the cold and some pain meds.

Coughing, sneezing, laughing should be avoided. If you can use your arms, to help get yourself up, that helps a lot getting around. Plan your moves. If you are going to need to use something, put in a place where trying to get to it don't hurt.

I did use booze at nights to get some sleep. Maybe not the best remedy, but sleep is important to healing most injuries and illness.

Hurts bad at first, then real sore a few weeks.

Hope you heal quick Denton.
    RedLion and Slippy like this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links