Walmart supports 'common sense' gun control
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Walmart supports 'common sense' gun control within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I guess it is time to dump another anti-freedom chump. New York (CNN Business) — Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said Thursday the company supports strengthening ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Walmart supports 'common sense' gun control

I guess it is time to dump another anti-freedom chump.

New York (CNN Business) — Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said Thursday the company supports strengthening some gun measures in the United States after more than 20 people were killed in an attack on a Walmart in El Paso, Texas.

Although McMillon stopped short of endorsing a specific bill or plan, he said Walmart is encouraged that consensus is building for "common sense" legislation to prevent mass shootings.

"We're encouraged that broad support is emerging to strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger," McMillon said in a statement Thursday. "We believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness in keeping weapons made for war out of the hands of mass murderers."
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/15/busin...rol/index.html

Two words that if I never hear again in my life, that make me want to vomit, pertaining to guns are, "common sense", and "assault" whatever. I almost gag when I hear them used.
    Marica, dwight55, RedLion and 3 others like this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Why should the libtard left be able to monopolize on the words common sense? Every rebuttal to gun control should include the words "common sense". As in "Its common sense, if a bad guy has a gun and I don't, I'm in trouble." Gosh, I get so fed up sometimes!
    Annie and dwight55 like this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Anybody with even a little common sense wouldn't support a GD lib. So it must be a new and unusual idea as they have no clue what it is.

The Good Cop

I go to Walmart about once every 4 or 5 years, so a complete boycott will be easy.

The writing is on the wall. I never thought I would see it, but this gun control band wagon is now rolling down hill and picking up steam.
    Y'all can pretend we still have control over it, but in a matter of years most types of guns will be banned.
    Is that 5 years? 10?
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Administrator

Maybe Walmart should have considered having security at their front door?

I have always wondered how they decide if their store needs security or not. I have 4 Walmarts within a short distance of me. Two have actual armed security at the front. Two have little old ladies checking your receipts.
    RedLion, Denton and MisterMills357 like this.
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Maybe Walmart should have considered having security at their front door? .....
    Oh, good god, NO! A good guy with a gun doesn't work. Some high school kids told me that.
    Slippy likes this.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Maybe Walmart should have considered having security at their front door?

I have always wondered how they decide if their store needs security or not. I have 4 Walmarts within a short distance of me. Two have actual armed security at the front. Two have little old ladies checking your receipts.
    And the little old ladies really check the receipts line for line I am here to tell you. After having spent 20 mins in the returns isle, then checking out with other items said little old lady discovered the girl at the register charged me the wrong amount for something and that I'd have to get back into the returns isle. My response. "I just spent 20 mins in the return isle, I'm not GETTING back into that line." It's ridiculous. Makes me hate the Walmart experience all the more and want to go elsewhere. So, they let me swap it out for the cheaper priced item in the end. Just dumb. maybe a .47c difference I owed them. Had they owed me, they'd have let me go.
    RedLion likes this.
    "But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

"Common sense". Whose?
    RedLion and A Watchman like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    And the little old ladies really check the receipts line for line I am here to tell you. After having spent 20 mins in the returns isle, then checking out with other items said little old lady discovered the girl at the register charged me the wrong amount for something and that I'd have to get back into the returns isle. My response. "I just spent 20 mins in the return isle, I'm not GETTING back into that line." It's ridiculous. Makes me hate the Walmart experience all the more and want to go elsewhere. So, they let me swap it out for the cheaper priced item in the end. Just dumb. maybe a .47c difference I owed them. Had they owed me, they'd have let me go.
    I have a response when they want to stop me. "My transaction is done, here. Get a warrant."
    Annie, Slippy, RedLion and 4 others like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links