Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Walmart supports 'common sense' gun control

8K views 66 replies 17 participants last post by  Slippy 
#1 ·
I guess it is time to dump another anti-freedom chump.

New York (CNN Business) - Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said Thursday the company supports strengthening some gun measures in the United States after more than 20 people were killed in an attack on a Walmart in El Paso, Texas.

Although McMillon stopped short of endorsing a specific bill or plan, he said Walmart is encouraged that consensus is building for "common sense" legislation to prevent mass shootings.

"We're encouraged that broad support is emerging to strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger," McMillon said in a statement Thursday. "We believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness in keeping weapons made for war out of the hands of mass murderers."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/15/business/walmart-gun-control/index.html

#5 ·
I go to Walmart about once every 4 or 5 years, so a complete boycott will be easy.

The writing is on the wall. I never thought I would see it, but this gun control band wagon is now rolling down hill and picking up steam.
Y'all can pretend we still have control over it, but in a matter of years most types of guns will be banned.
Is that 5 years? 10?

#6 ·
Maybe Walmart should have considered having security at their front door?

I have always wondered how they decide if their store needs security or not. I have 4 Walmarts within a short distance of me. Two have actual armed security at the front. Two have little old ladies checking your receipts.

#7 ·
Maybe Walmart should have considered having security at their front door? .....
Oh, good god, NO! A good guy with a gun doesn't work. Some high school kids told me that.

#13 ·
The nearest Wallyworld is 45 minutes away in another state.
Country life is wonderful.

Reactions: 1skrewsloose
#14 ·
I'm kind of a "free range protestor." I've never purchased anything at WM (that I can remember), so technically I have been been boycotting them for years.

Oh, I'll read the knife magazines at B&N, and then put them back on the rack neatly, but then what "authors" think is a 'knife' is nowhere close to what I think!

#15 ·
I'm about fed up with the whining from these weak-kneed sissies.

If I want a "weapon of war", I should be able to have a "weapon of war". You know why? BECAUSE THE %#$@ 2ND AMENDMENT WAS WRITTEN FOR THAT EXACT REASON!!!!!
How does a "militia" properly go about "ensuring the security of a free state" without equal available force to meet the potential threat of an invading army? Hmmm???? Anyone????

"Your AR-15 can't stop an army! They have machine guns and grenades and tanks."
To which I reply...
"Then, according to the intent of the 2nd amendment, I should have those too."
"........ *crickets*.........."

Justices Clarence Thomas and the late Antonin Scalia hinted at this in some of their opinions, but were not ready to overturn things just yet.

There should be no talk of an "assault weapons ban", and instead we should be demanding to have our full rights restored starting with repeals of the National Firearms Act and Gun Control Act.

Ask yourself this, or ask others who just don't seem to get it...
"Is a human right worth the cost of human lives?"
If you, or anyone else, answers with "no", then you/they don't deserve any.

Yes, my right to self-defense and self-preservation DOES mean that bad people may abuse that right to do bad things. That is NOT my fault, and I should NOT be punished in any way, shape, or form because of it. PERIOD!

#22 ·
Yesterday I was at Walmart with daughter buying foodstuffs.
We went through the self checkout machines with quite a bit of food and soft drinks in the lot.
All the stuff was bagged and paid for, and we proceeded to the door.
This retard of a guy who was less than 50 feet from the machine we checked out on, asked to see our receipt.
I told him no, he asked again and I said "F" you, it is my property.
You want to try and stop me, call the cops, you have no legal right to detain me, put a hand on me and you will regret it.
I proceeded to walk out the door and go to my Cherokee, then home.
I had it out with the manager about 6 months ago on this action, he agreed with what I told him and said he would educate the inspectors..
I told him i would show the slip to whoever if it was a 100% review not random inspection which suggest a crime is presently being committed.

#27 ·
#28 ·
I was especially irked by that goon who decided to wear his AR15 and molle gear into a walmart...because he wanted to see if they would actually support his 2nd amendment rights.
And he did it just days after 2 shootings in WalMart stores.
I was surprised that WalMart didn't pivot and ban all carry of firearms in their stores.
What a schmuck that guy was. Was he trying to get them to bad CCW?

That would suck if they did ban CCW.
It would be another place where I would not shop.
As soon as I see that sign in the door, I go somewhere else.
Businesses have a right to prohibit the carry of firearms, and I have a right to boycott companies that support gun control.

I don't go anywhere without my CCW.

#30 ·
It is self centered, selfish, egotistical SOB's like that who screw things up for everyone.

#33 ·
I’m not a show off, and have little tolerance for those that are.
Too bad someone didn’t shoot his butt.

#34 ·
I'm not a show off, and have little tolerance for those that are.
Too bad someone didn't shoot his butt.
You do understand, shooting him for doing nothing more than exercising a right is tantamount to shooting you for the same thing.
You want that to be the answer?
There are those in our government right now who want it too...

#44 · (Edited)
I'm sure there was a time and a place where the government did not hold power over the people so bear with me as I try and explain where I'm going with this and how it relates to Open Carry.

Has anyone ever been to a local City or Town meeting? If not check some of them out on YouTube. Often during these City Meetings, there are many valid concerns from citizens. At every meeting I've ever been to and most that I have seen on YouTube, the Council Members/Mayors treat the citizens with contempt and borderline disgust, as if the citizens who pay their salaries and make it possible for the city or town to exist, are wasting their time. As if their time is more valuable than the citizens time.

That same scenario flows over to most other government offices...County Tax Offices, State Driver and Motor Vehicle Offices, Federal Offices...Most citizens who enter these offices are treated like sheep...and most act the part as they are hustled through the "system" to get done whatever it is that needs done so that they can continue their lives...

So a true freedom loving man has to ask himself...Why am I putting up with this crap and being "bribed" by the very entity that I support for a..."Drivers License, Marriage License, Hunting License, Business License, or to Pay Taxes on Land that I own, Or to beg for the right to carry a firearm to protect myself, blah, blah blah... etc etc etc..

Now that same freedom loving man then asks himself..."Would these government flunkies treat me like shit if I had a phuckin' M4 strapped over my shoulder when I asked the school superintendent why he feels the need to teach nonsense like multi-transgenderism or who can use the little girls bathroom or why homosexuality needs to be taught to my 3rd grader?

HELL TO THE DAMN NO. THOSE COWARDLY GOVERNMENT BASTARDS WOULDN'T DO HALF THE BULLSHIT THAT THEY DO IF YOU AND I MARCHED INTO A DMV WITH A FN-FAL AND 5 MAGS and politely asked for a ticket to get in line to reinstate my license....

People Listen and Listen well, a Tyrannical Government exists and it gets stronger and stronger every damn day.

#45 ·
I'm sure there was a time and a place where the government did not hold power over the people so bear with me as I try and explain where I'm going with this and how it relates to Open Carry.

Has anyone ever been to a local City or Town meeting? If not check some of them out on YouTube. Often during these City Meetings, there are many valid concerns from citizens. At every meeting I've ever been to and most that I have seen on YouTube, the Council Members/Mayors treat the citizens with contempt and borderline disgust, as if the citizens who pay their salaries and make it possible for the city or town to exist, are wasting their time. As if their time is more valuable than the citizens time.

That same scenario flows over to most other government offices...County Tax Offices, State Driver and Motor Vehicle Offices, Federal Offices...Most citizens who enter these offices are treated like sheep...and most act the part as they are hustled through the "system" to get done whatever it is that needs done so that they can continue their lives...

So a true freedom loving man has to ask himself...Why am I putting up with this crap and being "bribed" by the very entity that I support for a..."Drivers License, Marriage License, Hunting License, Business License, or to Pay Taxes on Land that I own, Or to beg for the right to carry a firearm to protect myself, blah, blah blah... etc etc etc..

Now that same freedom loving man then asks himself..."Would these government flunkies treat me like shit if I had a phuckin' M4 strapped over my shoulder when I asked the school superintendent why he feels the need to teach nonsense like multi-transgenderism or who can use the little girls bathroom or why homosexuality needs to be taught to my 3rd grader?

HELL TO THE DAMN NO. THOSE COWARDLY GOVERNMENT BASTARDS WOULDN'T DO HALF THE BULLSHIT THAT THEY DO IF YOU AND I MARCHED INTO A DMV WITH A FN-FAL AND 5 MAGS and politely asked for a ticket to get in line to reinstate my license....

People Listen and Listen well, a Tyrannical Government exists and it gets stronger and stronger every damn day.
If only one of our founders had echoed this sentiment...

Oh... wait.

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them."
-Thomas Jefferson

#54 ·
Children today are not taught American history, nor do they have what we called “civics class “ 50 years ago.
The worst thing done to American education was Jimmy Carter instituting the Federal Department Of Education.
Education is now in the hands of strong union forces and their ultra liberal politics.
The department of education is just one among many that needs to be abolished. Return control to LOCAL school boards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.