Hong Kong being Invaded - Page 5

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hong Kong being Invaded

This is a discussion on Hong Kong being Invaded within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Prepared One I think economics has little to do with China's long term thinking with regards to the U.S. I am not ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Hong Kong being Invaded

  1. #41
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I think economics has little to do with China's long term thinking with regards to the U.S. I am not sure who is the more cunning, Xi or Putin, but military cooperation between the two should warrant a cautious view. China has a plan, and so does Putin.
    I got to disagree. There is clear evidence that China is laughing as they use our own capitalism to further their own agenda.
    Think about it; no one took them seriously until they grew their economy into the 2nd largest in the world.
    Before that they were regarded as potato farmers.
    Now they have stealth fighters (likely engineered from the debris of an American F117). They have carrier(s), and they have financial clout.

    But you are right about Xi and Putin being some cunning SOBs. Those two are a dangerous pair.
    Michael_Js and Prepared One like this.

  2. #42
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy O View Post
    I got to disagree. There is clear evidence that China is laughing as they use our own capitalism to further their own agenda.
    Think about it; no one took them seriously until they grew their economy into the 2nd largest in the world.
    Before that they were regarded as potato farmers.
    Now they have stealth fighters (likely engineered from the debris of an American F117). They have carrier(s), and they have financial clout.

    But you are right about Xi and Putin being some cunning SOBs. Those two are a dangerous pair.
    I agree, we have been short sighted in allowing China to manipulate our system for so long. Without us their economy goes to hell, but they have thought this through. They have more then being an economic power in their long range plans.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 08-21-2019 at 04:43 AM.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

  3. #43
    The Good Cop


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    S.E. Georgia / N.E. Florida
    Posts
    12,058
    The minute enough countries band together and switch from the American dollar to another as the world's reserve currency, the United States is done for.

    Remember a number of years ago the panic caused by Russia attempting to get OPEC to stop trading in American dollars?
    Annie, Denton and Prepared One like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #44
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    214
    My biggest concern (involving China) is that this damned trade war is putting our proud American farmers on welfare assistance.
    We could ruin our own farming industry, and find ourselves reliant on other nations for the very food we need to live.
    The trade war is reckless. There were better ways to do it than this.
    Where's Jamie Lannister when you need him?

  6. #45
    The Good Cop


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    S.E. Georgia / N.E. Florida
    Posts
    12,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy O View Post
    My biggest concern (involving China) is that this damned trade war is putting our proud American farmers on welfare assistance.
    We could ruin our own farming industry, and find ourselves reliant on other nations for the very food we need to live.
    The trade war is reckless. There were better ways to do it than this.
    Where's Jamie Lannister when you need him?
    The family run American farm is being eliminated from existence not by China or any other country, but by large corporations such as ADM (Archer Daniels Midland) and Con Agra.
    Independent American dairy farms especially are going out of business by the hundreds each year.

    And the federal government's "death tax", favored by so many Democrats, is ensuring that family farms are not being handed down to the next generation. Instead they must be sold just to pay the huge tax.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

  7. #46
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    18,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy O View Post
    My biggest concern (involving China) is that this damned trade war is putting our proud American farmers on welfare assistance.
    We could ruin our own farming industry, and find ourselves reliant on other nations for the very food we need to live.
    The trade war is reckless. There were better ways to do it than this.
    Where's Jamie Lannister when you need him?
    Not true.

    RPD's post explains a huge part of why the Independent Farmer is being eliminated. There is no way for the small independent farmer to be able to buy product competitively.

    Other reasons;
    Consolidation and buying/selling power.
    The Federal and State governments have subsidized the American Farmer to the point of welfare dependency especially in regards to exports where the large conglomerate has the upperhand.
    REgulatory BS
    et al

  8. #47
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,700
    As for Hong Kong, I hear somewhere around 43 citizens have been shot and killed for protesting.

    As for trade and China, I'd rather have the work done here and pay a bit more. I'll tell you why.

    In the mid-1960s my father was the senior vice-president of The Master Lock Company. He was always proud of the fact that "bulk cardboard and raw steel" came in the front door and boxes of newly manufactured padlocks exited out the back door. Over 2,200 American employees earned their living there. I worked there for six summers and paid my own way through college.

    Imagine if we did that now! Americans working at good wages and their kids paying their own way. The money stays in the United States and not a rickshaw in sight.

    We have talented employees here, let's hire them first before we go overseas!
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  9. #48
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    18,141
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    As for Hong Kong, I hear somewhere around 43 citizens have been shot and killed for protesting.

    As for trade and China, I'd rather have the work done here and pay a bit more. I'll tell you why.

    In the mid-1960s my father was the senior vice-president of The Master Lock Company. He was always proud of the fact that "bulk cardboard and raw steel" came in the front door and boxes of newly manufactured padlocks exited out the back door. Over 2,200 American employees earned their living there. I worked there for six summers and paid my own way through college.

    Imagine if we did that now! Americans working at good wages and their kids paying their own way. The money stays in the United States and not a rickshaw in sight.

    We have talented employees here, let's hire them first before we go overseas!
    Post of The Day Chico!

  10. #49
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9,612
    We are going to rue the day we let so much of our manufacturing base go overseas and with so many family farms going under or selling out to the major corporations we are cutting our won throats. We have been short sighted and one day we will pay the price.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

  11. #50
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Post of The Day Chico!
    Slippy, I wish you could have been there.

    I came out to the shipping department about mid-way during a project. First, some nomenclature.

    A shipping box of Master Locks holds about two dozen locks and is 15 x 8 x 8. You can take a 3 1/2 square metal skid that holds eight boxes to a layer and is about 8 layers high. Envision this one loaded skid pallet.

    My compatriots and I loaded boxes onto skids, and skids took up one football field.

    These locks were destined to go to The Navy in Vietnam. Rumor had it that the locals stole anything they could carry.

    ...Master Lock got me through college...
    Slippy likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

 

 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top