Hong Kong being Invaded - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hong Kong being Invaded

This is a discussion on Hong Kong being Invaded within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; We can pray for the people of Hong Kong, but there is little more we can do for them. We can inform China we are ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Hong Kong being Invaded

We can pray for the people of Hong Kong, but there is little more we can do for them. We can inform China we are watching and human right violations will be cause for tougher trade positions if it’s really ugly they can find new markets for their products but that honestly could lead to a war in itself.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    We can pray for the people of Hong Kong, but there is little more we can do for them. We can inform China we are watching and human right violations will be cause for tougher trade positions if it’s really ugly they can find new markets for their products but that honestly could lead to a war in itself.
    It seems we are headed for war with ChiCom, anyway.
    Prepared One and stowlin like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

How is this any different than the ANTIFA protests, that we all are against ? I'm not suggesting ANTIFA is acceptable. But what are these Hong King protests trying to achieve ?
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri.14 View Post
    How is this any different than the ANTIFA protests, that we all are against ? I'm not suggesting ANTIFA is acceptable. But what are these Hong King protests trying to achieve ?
    Totally different. Hong Kong's losing their independence and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Negatory.

Its certainly one of the more unique situations, but officially Hong Kong is part of China.

The UK "won" Hong Kong during the Opium Wars in the early 1800's then handed Hong Kong back to the Chinese in the 1990's. China has "allowed" Hong Kong to operate somewhat autonomously, due to the massive amount of wealth generated by HK, but they are officially part of China. Before that they were ruled by the UK so more accurately, Hong Kong has not had independence in damn ear 200 years.

Not our concern, and if the people of Hong Kong want their "Independence" then they better fight for it.
    Last edited by Slippy; 08-15-2019 at 06:45 AM.

They were on borrowed time until the British turned it back over to China. they knew that . That had years to leave. They hide their heads in the sand a denied the truth. Now the bill has come due. They are China and always will be .
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

I don't think the US has any responsibility towards Hong Kong either. Just saying I wouldn't equate them with antifa.
    rice paddy daddy and stowlin like this.

I think that a lot of the ANTIFA crowd also feel they are losing their freedom and being oppressed by a tyrannical Govt.

Not so different with all the attacks on the 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments that are happening. At what point are the people that want to preserve our constitution, labeled as Terrorist and Violent Protestors ?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri.14 View Post
    I think that a lot of the ANTIFA crowd also feel they are losing their freedom and being oppressed by a tyrannical Govt.
    The antifa is the total antithesis of all that. Some of them may call themselves 'anarchists', but in reality the group believes that "hate speech isn't free speech", and they try stop and often psychically attack and or intimidate anyone who goes against their agenda. Sounds more like Communist China to me.

Communism is a godless evil form of government and imo the Hong Kongians (?) kongites (?)---err, people of Hong Kong have valid cause for a just war.

Not so different with all the attacks on the 2nd, 4th and 5th amendments that are happening. At what point are the people that want to preserve our constitution, labeled as Terrorist and Violent Protestors ?
    So are you saying antifa is backing the constitution, though in a non-legitimate way? I think it's the total opposite. The founding fathers would have no truck with antifa, but i think they would support Hong Kongs' freedom. China is tightening the reins beyond what they promised to do.

It's the old frog in the pot scenario going on over here in these United States. Yes, we're losing our freedoms a little at a time, but over there in Hong Kong, they're being ripped off like a bandaid with super glue stuck to it.
    Last edited by Annie; 08-15-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    Denton likes this.

No, what I am saying is: Most of us feel ANTIFA is in the wrong for protesting and using violence to advance their agenda, but it is OK in Hong Kong to act the same way. Its always been a matter of who is the Patriot and who is the Terrorist. It depends which side of the fence you are on. I don't know what ANTIFA is trying to do, they are not real clear on their motives except to be against Trump. As Far as losing freedom, maybe it Would be better to have them ripped off, then at least more people would be aware of what is happening and be inclined to do something about it.

How do you counter the frog in the pot scenario ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links