Let's Talk About PTSD Fraud - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Let's Talk About PTSD Fraud

This is a discussion on Let's Talk About PTSD Fraud within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Thanks @ Jem for the interesting thread. The amount of TOTAL Waste-Fraud-Abuse at the US Govt Federal Level is frightening. Certainly the VA or SSDI ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Let's Talk About PTSD Fraud

Thanks @Jem for the interesting thread.

The amount of TOTAL Waste-Fraud-Abuse at the US Govt Federal Level is frightening. Certainly the VA or SSDI Fraud is concerning, but I'm much more concerned about the BILLIONS that we waste on shit hole countries and the BILLIONS we waste on EPA, GREEN INITIATIVES, ETHANOL, DEPT OF ED, DEPT OF COMMERCE, etc etc etc.

No offense to anyone but after paying LOTS of taxes over the past 40+ years I am becoming increasingly concerned regarding WHEN DO I GET MINE?

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    RL, is the VA digitizing old hand written files from the 1980's, or is my Vet Center file quietly collecting dust?
    I thought I was safe, but I heard everything is being digitized.

I'm the opposite of a fake PTSD disability claimant. Yes, I have it, but I want to be left alone by the government.
    With the passage of time, alcohol abstinence, and my faith I'm usually OK.
    But unexpected bright flashes of light and sudden loud noises still send a jolt of adrenaline straight into my heart. It hurts, too!!
    I do believe that all VA patient records from a certain date forward are suppose to be digitized. I can not tell you any more than that.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Will anxiety or depression "Red-Flag" them?
    The only times that I have seen patients "flagged" has been in veteran electronic medical files for behaviors, not diagnosis. This has been in cases where the veteran has demonstrated aggressive/threatening behaviors, sexually inappropriate, suicidal behaviors or homicidal behaviors. And this is multiple incidents of the behavior(s). Flags get reviewed and taken off a decent amount of times as well. I give input to review boards on veterans that I work with that have flags and more often than not request that the flag be taken off. I am talking from my experience at the Minneapolis VA, so can not vouch for all VA's doing this, even though they are supposed to.
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Jem

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Will anxiety or depression "Red-Flag" them?
    I've been plowing through the miasma of internet drivel from the usual sources. Checking one against the other, cross checking, looking for collaboration on plausible information... most of you know the routine....

Near as I can tell, Pro-Gun-Control is going to push for a national mental health check with any indication of mood-related treatment (including pharmaceuticals) resulting in a DENY for gun purchase. Its about 30/70 for this check being conducted by the existing NICS frameworks, or an entirely new department to check for the mental health side.

The challenge of integration is that those sweater and sneaker wearing little 'ol ladies that are running the NICS checks currently have absolutely zero credentials for spotting show-stopping medical circumstance. They would most certainly be made to error on the side of caution - "If you can't pronounce the drug, it's a deny"

Here's another angle I haven't seen discussed - What if we (gun owners) aren't the target at all? What if this entire facet of the anti-gun movement is aimed at the next generation? Consider how many school children are on prescription drugs in lieu of home training and discipline? Nearly the entirety of the next generation will be denied the right of gun ownership before they even knew they had the right. It's the long game, but the end result will be complete subjugation in a single generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I've been plowing through the miasma of internet drivel from the usual sources. Checking one against the other, cross checking, looking for collaboration on plausible information... most of you know the routine....

Near as I can tell, Pro-Gun-Control is going to push for a national mental health check with any indication of mood-related treatment (including pharmaceuticals) resulting in a DENY for gun purchase. Its about 30/70 for this check being conducted by the existing NICS frameworks, or an entirely new department to check for the mental health side.

The challenge of integration is that those sweater and sneaker wearing little 'ol ladies that are running the NICS checks currently have absolutely zero credentials for spotting show-stopping medical circumstance. They would most certainly be made to error on the side of caution - "If you can't pronounce the drug, it's a deny"

Here's another angle I haven't seen discussed - What if we (gun owners) aren't the target at all? What if this entire facet of the anti-gun movement is aimed at the next generation? Consider how many school children are on prescription drugs in lieu of home training and discipline? Nearly the entirety of the next generation will be denied the right of gun ownership before they even knew they had the right. It's the long game, but the end result will be complete subjugation in a single generation.
    You certainly bring up where things could go. With that said, no way that conservatives could support the type of back ground check that you are talking about. Not only would it violate Federal Law (HIPPA), and be UnConstitutional, but it would ensure that they get booted out of office. Gun ownership, meaning new gun owners including women being the fastest growing segment means more support for guns, not less. Gun Control is a losing issue and large reason why you will not see Trump ultimately supporting red flag laws of Universal BGCs.
    Denton likes this.

The Good Cop

It is just speculation on my part, but it would not surprise me if the big push for “medical” marijuana and recreational marijuana is a sneaky effort to deny gun ownership to millions of Americans.
    Slippy and Denton like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Jem

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    ..... no way that conservatives could support the type of back ground check that you are talking about. Not only would it violate Federal Law (HIPPA), and be UnConstitutional, but it would ensure that they get booted out of office. Gun ownership, meaning new gun owners including women being the fastest growing segment means more support for guns, not less. Gun Control is a losing issue and large reason why you will not see Trump ultimately supporting red flag laws of Universal BGCs.
    I will respectfully disagree wholeheartedly with these assertions (isn't reasonable discourse great?). I would propose to you that many of the gun laws we ALREADY have are ALREADY unconstitutional. The constitution has certainly served as a speed bump for new gun-control legislation, but it has NOT been proof against it. The fact that your new gun purchase is already conditional on the subjective consideration of a low paid bureaucrat (NICS) is proof of this.

As to the political survivability of supporting gun control, a politician only has to APPEAR to be reasonable. "Crazy people shouldn't have or be able to purchase guns" is a VERY reasonable statement. Anything a politician does in the pursuit of this very reasonable statement, as long as its accompanied by a suitabley robust information campaign, would be just fine with the majority of voters (even conservatives). Once you've established this check into the gun acquisition process, it is not longer a question of whether guns should be legal. It becomes a question of who decides what "crazy" is. Mental health is a very subjective issue.

Gun control never goes backwards. Like entitlements, once enacted, a form of gun control will not be relaxed. The exception being the "Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994" which banned the manufacture and sale of certain semi automatic weapons (ARs and AKs). This ban was never repealed. Rather it expired on September 13, 2004 due to a built in "sunset provision." Joe Biden and several of the other dem strap hanging candidates have already vowed to reinstate this ban, and would be able to do so relatively easily.

If you're hanging the entire future of gun ownership on Pres Trump being re-elected [YOU did not indicate that, RedLion, but others have], don't forget two things - He completely threw bump stocks under the bus, and he can only be president for another four years.
    Last edited by Jem; 08-13-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    Slippy, RedLion and Denton like this.

Excellent food for thought that Gun Control may be aimed at the "Next Generation" not any of the current gun owners.

Eliminate demand through evil department of education practices, Continue to advocate for more single parent mother homes where the child is easily manipulated, become more and more common to push psychotropic drugs on children and the medical marijuana thing to eliminate the possibility that a person CAN buy a firearm, and the feds may eliminate new gun owners in a generation or two.
    Denton likes this.

I will respectfully disagree wholeheartedly with these assertions (isn't reasonable discourse great?). I would propose to you that many of the gun laws we ALREADY have are ALREADY unconstitutional. The constitution has certainly served as a speed bump for new gun-control legislation, but it has NOT been proof against it. The fact that your new gun purchase is already conditional on the subjective consideration of a low paid bureaucrat (NICS) is proof of this.

As to the political survivability of supporting gun control, a politician only has to APPEAR to be reasonable. "Crazy people shouldn't have or be able to purchase guns" is a VERY reasonable statement. Anything a politician does in the pursuit of this very reasonable statement, as long as its accompanied by a suitabley robust information campaign, would be just fine with the majority of voters (even conservatives). Once you've established this check into the gun acquisition process, it is not longer a question of whether guns should be legal. It becomes a question of who decides what "crazy" is. Mental health is a very subjective issue.

Gun control never goes backwards. Like entitlements, once enacted, a form of gun control will not be relaxed. The exception being the "Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994" which banned the manufacture and sale of certain semi automatic weapons (ARs and AKs). This ban was never repealed. Rather it expired on September 13, 2004 due to a built in "sunset provision." Joe Biden and several of the other dem strap hanging candidates have already vowed to reinstate this ban, and would be able to do so relatively easily.

If you're hanging the entire future of gun ownership on Pres Trump being re-elected [YOU did not indicate that, RedLion, but others have], don't forget two things - He completely threw bump stocks under the bus, and he can only be president for another four years.
    Good thoughts, but I will disagree with you on "gun control never goes backwards." The easiest example of this not being the case is "shall issue" CCW. Other examples include states with Constitutional Carry. Heck even MN legalized silencers about 4 years ago. There are three SCOTUS cases (two specifically about gun control and one other that will affect Fed agencies being able to interpret the law, versus only carry it out) that are being heard between now the January. One includes NY City's UnConstitutional ban on citizens not being allowed to transport guns outside of the home other than to a local gun range. NY knows that they will lose this one, as apparent by their brief to the SCOTUS not to hear it while looking to change the law. One of the other SCOTUS cases is around "May issue."
    Denton likes this.

And I am not relying on Trump stop all gun control on his own. I also did not like bump stocks being banned, but this could be the case where bump stocks are unbanned if the one SCOTUS case goes the way that fed agencies can not use discretion in enforcing the law, but need to follow the letter of the law. We shall see.

I do like this Trump tweet just this morning about Fredo Cuomo as it tells me that he at least right now does not support Red Flag laws.

Donald J. Trump
    ✔ @realDonaldTrump

Would Chris Cuomo be given a Red Flag for his recent rant? Filthy language and a total loss of control. He shouldn’t be allowed to have any weapon. He’s nuts!

9:04 AM - Aug 13, 2019
    https://www.weaselzippers.us/429151-...o-controversy/
    Denton likes this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links