Police, Private Property and Privacy (4P)

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Police, Private Property and Privacy (4P) within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Sorry for the overly clever title. So I thought I might tap your expertise on a matter. I’m involved with a local concern that has ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Police, Private Property and Privacy (4P)

Jem

Sorry for the overly clever title.

So I thought I might tap your expertise on a matter. I’m involved with a local concern that has its office in our local municipality. The property is private, and the prinipal operator of said concern is a renter, and as such, is entitled to all the blah blah blah.....

Here’s what happens - the property is ideally located down hill and around a tree blocked corner on a four lane road right where it goes from 45 MPH to 25 MPH. The City Police LOVE to set up in the properties 9-10 car parking lot and catch speeders. Can’t blame ‘em.

The principal has politely asked the police not to. The concern’s activities are such that its clients are typically uncomfortable around police, and could very well avoid the establishment if there was a police car parked there frequently.

The police have pretty much ignored these polite requests all the way up to the chief of police.

I’ve already established, through my own research, that the police need IMPLICIT permission to establish “traffic enforcement” activities from private property. Since polite confrontation didn’t work, the city council would be the next step. Unfortunately I live in a corrupt and nepotistic town. So what are some more asymmetrical approaches to this problem?
    Last edited by Jem; 07-31-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    Denton, RedLion and Slippy like this.

Spend a few bucks and have your attorney send a registered letter to the police chief with copies to the mayor, city council members, and the city attorney.
    Slippy, KUSA and Marica like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Sorry for the overly clever title.

So I thought I might tap your expertise on a matter. I’m involved with a local concern that has its office in our local municipality. The property is private, and the prinipal operator of said concern is a renter, and as such, is entitled to all the blah blah blah.....

Here’s what happens - the property is ideally located down hill and around a tree blocked corner on a four lane road right where it goes from 45 MPH to 25 MPH. The City Police LOVE to set up in the properties 9-10 car parking lot and catch speeders. Can’t blame ‘em.

The principal has politely asked the police not to. The concern’s activities are such that its clients are typically uncomfortable around police, and could very well avoid the establishment if there was a police car parked there frequently.

The police have pretty much ignored these polite requests all the way up to the chief of police.

I’ve already established, through my own research, that the police need IMPLICIT permission to establish “traffic enforcement” activities from private property. Since polite confrontation didn’t work, the city council would be the next step. Unfortunately I live in a corrupt and nepotistic town. So what are some more asymmetrical approaches to this problem?
    Just remember, the PD is leaps and bounds better since Chief Walker took the reins.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Towns/cities/states own ~20-50 feet from edge of roads. Enough for a Cop car. They can't block entrance/egress from property.

Let them suck pond water.

Trespass 'em.
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Have the owner of the parking Lot place a private property "No Trespassing unless a customer customer" in the entrance , the reference the laws that apply.

Can a police officer be charged with trespassing?
    If they have a legal reason to be there, then obviously the answer is no. Generally speaking, if your property is NOT marked “No Trespassing”, or unless it is, surrounded by a fence indicating you don't want people on your property, then technically anyone can be on your property without asking… including the police.

Find what the fine would be and draw up tickets and issue them for record to each officer and bring them to court for violating private property rights without a valid warrant. Also come with a sworn t statement from the owner that the law presence is not asked for and is expressly prohibited from entrance pending a warrant.

Take pictures of them parking there with the sign prominently displayed. the take it at all to court.

Jem

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Just remember, the PD is leaps and bounds better since Chief Walker took the reins.
    Indeed. However, his awareness in this matter hasn’t done the trick.

Super Moderator

Quietly set up large signs up the road a piece from where they sit warning drivers the police are sitting up there waiting for them. Take away there reason for being there and they may move on.
    Denton, 1skrewsloose, KUSA and 1 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

You as a second party are very limited. The property owner needs to work his way up the chain of command so to speak. Til it is resolved being his private property.

Not much you could do except put a sign up for speed trap ahead slow down. They will quickly get bored with no results and everyone conforms to the speed limits. However being a corrupt town I would be careful on location of said sign to avoid an unwanted police response. Remember it's not serve and protect it's harass, intimidate and revenue.

Sas beat me to it.

Why is what the cops are doing a business of the renter? Smart mouth yankee hipppies who cause problems for cops get a head thumping in Texas. Not sure about Alabammy.
    Slippy and Real Old Man like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links