Colorado State University: Words ‘America,’ ‘Americans’ Are Offensive
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Colorado State University: Words ‘America,’ ‘Americans’ Are Offensive within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Inclusive language guide? Good grief, what is wrong with these dummies? Officials at Colorado State University are urging students to avoid terms it labels offensive, ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Colorado State University: Words ‘America,’ ‘Americans’ Are Offensive

Super Moderator

Inclusive language guide? Good grief, what is wrong with these dummies?

Officials at Colorado State University are urging students to avoid terms it labels offensive, like “America” and “American.”
    According to Colorado State University’s “Inclusive Language Guide,” students are advised to avoid the words “America” and “American.” Why exactly has the university deemed these words offensive? The guide argues that these words erase “other cultures and depicts the United States as the dominant American country.”
    The guide, which was highlighted this week by Campus Reform, asks students to replace “America” and “American” with “U.S. citizen” or “person from the U.S.”

The guide contains a number of bizarre conclusions about language. For example, it advises students against using the label “straight” as a synonym for heterosexual because it allegedly implies that those who are not straight are instead “not normal” or “crooked.”

Despite the attempt to manipulate the language chosen by students, the university ironically claims in their “Inclusive Language Guide” that their aim is not to embolden political correctness.

More here

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    What about our culture as Americans in the United States of America, that’s just tough shit for them, they don’t like it, move to North Korea, I’m so tired of this political correctness [email protected]#......oh, hope I did offend anyone......

Any parent who is paying for their child to attend Colorado State University is a freakin' foolish retard and is complicit in child abuse if that child is under 18.

If a student 18 years old or older is paying 100% for themselves to attend Colorado State University, they should un-enroll immediately and look for a credible university or trade school that will teach them a SKILL.

Most of the little "all-stars" whose parents are paying for college are ill prepared and have no idea what college is all about, regardless of the bullshit test scores that they brag about.

MOST Parents, YOU ARE HURTING YOUR CHILD BY PAYING FOR "COLLEGE" IMMEDIATELY OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL.

Eliminate the department of Education at all levels.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Well, the words America and American don't offend me, it's the college coddled libtards that can get on my bad side.

But look at it this way. When I was growing up I watched my dad shingle a roof--and he wa the executive vice-president of the company he worked for. I always wondered who taught him to do carpentry. I never found out, he took a lot of stuff to the grave.

Fast forward to the boomers retiring. Think of all the stuff we know how to do. We can build radios and trouble-shoot old TVs because we know what "vacuum tubes" are. And the dirty little secret is that there is one and only one factory that makes vacuum tubes--built specially for air traffic controllers whose screens still use that 1950s technology.

We can also hunt, eat things in a forest amid poisonous choices, we can cast bullets, sharpen knives and even change our own tires.

I offer this because--like my parents--I thought everyone already knew how to do this. In that scenario, there's no need to teach millennials stuff they should already know. But the sad fact is that they haven't a clue about how to build and maintain common items. Their idea is to use stuff until it breaks and then buy new Chinese stuff.

A millennial should be required to read "1984." One scene has two guys each asking each other if they have some razor-blades to loan. They both lie about what they have hidden for personal use. Taken to the extreme, when the hardware store runs out of ammunition, the millennials have to fall back on bows and arrows--I'll just fire up the casting pot and make a few thousand rounds while I'm listening to Rush Limbaugh.

Case in point, you all know I just got a new folder with a bad bevel. I didn't whine to my mommie, throw it away or sent a terse letter of disgust to the manufacture. No, I just pulled out some Japanese waterstones and fixed it. No voodoo doll was required...
    Mike54, Michael_Js and Slippy like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Freakin PCBS and these damn indoctrination centers. These people are really starting to piss me off.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Freakin PCBS and these damn indoctrination centers. These people are really starting to piss me off.
    Well, Prepared One, to paraphrase Harry Callahan, "There's nothing wrong with indoctrination centers as long as the right illegals get indoctrinated."

Besides, don't you think all of us righteous citizens get a break when these government types are harassing foreigners?
    Michael_Js likes this.

Name:  Waiting for Colin.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  117.5 KB
    It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need, and politicians have to start selling candy bars and holding car washes to finance their campaigns.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Well, Prepared One, to paraphrase Harry Callahan, "There's nothing wrong with indoctrination centers as long as the right illegals get indoctrinated."

Besides, don't you think all of us righteous citizens get a break when these government types are harassing foreigners?

I think we are being slowly ground down into submission to the leftest agenda.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I think we are being slowly ground down into submission to the leftest agenda.
    Hmmm, depends on where you live.

In Wisconsin, I go to the coffee cafe' and sit next to the cops while I carry a firearm and a switchblade or two. It's all legal now, and frankly, some of the fun has gone out of it.

Take a +50 mile ride to Illinois and you'd might as well be in downtown Moscow. That state went from the braggadocio of Al Capone to the abject derision of Pee-wee Herman. Why aren't the Bear fans acting like, well, bears? I'd be tipping over cars and burning tires!

The City of Wind went from "shall not be infringed" to "sit down and shut up."

I watched my dad toss a several quarters into a toll booth even though the gate was up. I asked him why he paid when he didn't have to. He smiled and said, "Oh, I'm always glad to pay my way out of Illinois..."

Welcome to Wisconsin. No helmet law.

Super Moderator

I guess they'll be thrown into University jail if someone sees the tag on their clothes and it says "Made in America".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Michael_Js and Mad Trapper like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links