Hey, Denton, you'll never guess the coincidence I found!
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Hey, Denton, you'll never guess the coincidence I found! within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I was bouncing around the crib late one night trying to make a butterknife into a katana, when I stopped for a cup of pudding. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Hey, Denton, you'll never guess the coincidence I found!

I was bouncing around the crib late one night trying to make a butterknife into a katana, when I stopped for a cup of pudding. They give pudding to all of the violent crazies at The Dean Clinic, and I got hooked on it. But I digress.

I pulled up the forum and found some podcast with a host named--and you're not going to believe me but--his name was "Denton," too!

I was stunned for about 30 to 45 seconds (even grabbed a second pudding) when I realized this 'Denton' was well-read, articulate and versed in that night's offering!

We should get hold of this guy and give him a membership. As you'll remember, The Prepared One did a survey a few months ago and found that 17% of our members had actually read books with hard covers. Now, this statistic would have broken a full 20% but we had to include Wales into the statistics.

But still, having a member who knows a lot of multiple syllable words and has a real job would be a feather in the cap of the moderator that snags him.

Now, I hate to tell stories out of school, but some short, female member who is a whiz at cooking and canning has already pulled together some double-chunk chocolate cookies for this learned Denton, and might snatch him with her baking endowments. A word to the wise...
    Denton likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Hey. I missed this poll. I actually own books with hard covers-- like almost 4000. And I've read one or two of them.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    Hey. I missed this poll. I actually own books with hard covers-- like almost 4000. And I've read one or two of them.
    Wow, how come you're not spearheading your own forum? I never read near that many books, and I took several English courses in college--of course, that was back when students knew how to read English and not just unintelligible misspelled rants.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

I have many, many books on military history. Both hard cover and paper back.
    Been a member of the Military Book Club for over 30 years.
    I read every night, and have 5 or 6 “working “ at any one time.
    I just started “George Washington In The American Revolution 1775-1783”. A hard back I picked up for $1 at our annual county library sale of old books. I actually bought 20 books at the latest sale.
    ekim, Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

OK I'll buy the premise that 17% of the forum members can read books...but chew gum and walk at the same time? HA! NEVER!

(...As Slippy pops another piece of Bazooka chewing gum in his mouth and simultaneously stumbles onto the floor!)
    Last edited by Slippy; 07-18-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    Prepared One likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    OK I'll buy the premise that 17% of the forum members can read books...but chew gum and walk at the same time? HA! NEVER!

(...As Slippy pops another piece of Bazooka chewing gum in his mouth and simultaneously stumbles onto the floor!)
    I took that challenge and woke up in the E.R.
    Prepared One and inceptor like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I took that challenge and woke up in the E.R.
    Well, that's easy to rectify. You should talk to this other Denton, the one with the radio show. He sounds pretty savvy.

But to be honest this walk and chew thingie has come up amongst my cousins--you know, my boys that drive cars for men in a expensive suits but don't have an obvious job--those men.

My cousin Alan is clearly not the brains of the outfit, and at the last family reunion/funeral I saw a tiny tattoo under his wrist watch. I finally got a good look at it when he went back for antipasto.

This cousin liked gum but was always choking on it, so he got a tat that said, "Step, chew, step, chew."

It's been three years he's walking and chewing gum like a regular person...

I read a lot, I think everyone should know what the Playmate of the month’s likes and dislikes are. Highly educational.
    Slippy, The Tourist and Marica like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post

You aint jack crap … till ya can pop Bazooka chewing gum and drink bourbon at the same time.
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    You aint jack crap … till ya can pop Bazooka chewing gum and drink bourbon at the same time.
    I remember a time in my life that cracking open a full strength Budweiser or bottle of Busch beer meant cramming a big ole dip of Skoal or Copenhagen prior to the first pull....(Glad I grew out of them Redneck Ways...)
    Last edited by Slippy; 07-18-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    Prepared One likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links