Regarding the burbs
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Regarding the burbs

This is a discussion on Regarding the burbs within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Grilled dogs & deer meat burgers last evening. That's the view from the outdoor kitchen. The thingy is to hang & clean a deer. Which ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Regarding the burbs

Regarding the burbs

Regarding the burbs-img_2079.jpg

Grilled dogs & deer meat burgers last evening. That's the view from the outdoor kitchen. The thingy is to hang & clean a deer. Which burbanites among you have one of these in your back yard? [No offense to the burbanites. ]
    Slippy likes this.

We used the tree in the front yard to clean the deer, then it went into the shed for hanging. It was easier to keep it cool. Sometimes the neighbor across the street used our tree also.
    Slippy likes this.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    Which burbanites among you have one of these in your back yard? [No offense to the burbanites].
    Well, they don't live in the 'burbs, but two of my cousins have these hoists. It's work related. They drive for "legitimate businessmen..."
    Slippy and Marica like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

we always cleaned the deer in the woods, took it home to hang for a few days, then cut it up and packaged it basment
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    Be a Berean

Have a couple in the back of my shop. It's a boat trailer winch bolted to the post and pulley up to the rafter with hooks to hang deer. Better to let it hang and cool without being in the open air for bugs and others to see. Besides it's nice to be out of the snow and rain under a roof. Many an animal has been cut up over 50 years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Regarding the burbs-dsc02319.jpg  

Last edited by Chipper; 07-05-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Slippy, Prepared One and Marica like this.

Handy tress abound. And less messy

Or a tie beam in the barn.
    Slippy likes this.

When I hunt we field dress. Being a burbanite my neighbors would frown on a deer hanging from the Oak out front. Then again, what do I give a rats ass what my neighbors think.
    modfan and Marica like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

The Good Cop

I’m spoiled. For years before I retired there was a truck driver that every year would bring me a cooler full of ice with two shoulders, two thighs, and two back straps.
    In return I would give him as many farm fresh eggs as he could eat during the year.
    Mad Trapper likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I just use the tractor's front end loader to lift and peel the skin of the carcass.. Do it outside a barn with a large sink and cutting table but if it's raining I can gut and skin inside the barn.
    Slippy likes this.

I'm at that point in my life that my illegals do the skinning.

When they hear the shot, the come haulin' ass out the woods, grab the dear and field dress it. Then doube-time it back to the shed for skinning and butchering. To the untrained eye, you'd think I was Willy2 Wonka and they were my Ooompa Loompa's!
    Prepared One and Elvis like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links