Another vehicle time - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Another vehicle time

This is a discussion on Another vehicle time within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; With the 3.5 I have 3,500 pound Towing. Little over what i need . but better to be over than under. The 2.7 tubro was ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Another vehicle time

With the 3.5 I have 3,500 pound Towing. Little over what i need . but better to be over than under. The 2.7 tubro was listed at 2,000. Just brought it home a bit ago
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another vehicle time-edge.jpg  

Last edited by Smitty901; 07-05-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    bigwheel, Slippy, inceptor and 1 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    @Chipper Question for you Sir,

So a 4 Runner has what you call a full frame, I assume that is what I call a Body on Frame right? I've always heard that a SUV or Truck that has a Body on Frame is better for tow/hauling and off road?

The Unibody design is using a unique to that vehicle one piece body and frame that would give you a smoother ride and probably lighter weight? Is tht a fair understanding?
    I don't know about a 4 Runner.
    A full frame vehicle has the body sitting on a full perimeter frame, similar to cars from the 1950's. Full size trucks still use this construction
    A unibody is the passenger compartment "tub" with a section of frame in the back to hold the rear axle and fuel tank, and also a small stub upfront to hold the engine/transmission/axles/steering.

A full frame vehicle is inherently stronger. Which is why real trucks still use them.
    A unibody allows a shorter over all height, uses less material and is therefore cheaper to produce and is lighter, an important consideration for manufacturers trying to meet bull crap government fuel economy standards.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I don't know about a 4 Runner.
    A full frame vehicle has the body sitting on a full perimeter frame, similar to cars from the 1950's. Full size trucks still use this construction
    A unibody is the passenger compartment "tub" with a section of frame in the back to hold the rear axle and fuel tank, and also a small stub upfront to hold the engine/transmission/axles/steering.

A full frame vehicle is inherently stronger. Which is why real trucks still use them.
    A unibody allows a shorter over all height, uses less material and is therefore cheaper to produce and is lighter, an important consideration for manufacturers trying to meet bull crap government fuel economy standards.
    The oldest Son has a Fore Runner. Hes a traveling salesman and puts a bunch of miles on his cars. He makes me want one. Know the last time we took off to Coloradoi he was toting 4 adults and all their luggage. No problems.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    With the 3.5 I have 3,500 pound Towing. Little over what i need . but better to be over than under. The 2.7 tubro was listed at 2,000. Just brought it home a bit ago
    Hell, my Acura MDX with the 3.7 liter will tow 5,000 lbs. I bet you get a lot better gas mileage than it does, though.

I won't buy anything made with Chinesium , or in Mexico/Brazil/Japan/Korea.

I found a 80s chevy C10, 32K miles, all original not rust/rot. It has a heavy half and the Muncie creeper 4-speed. I can work on it with simple tools.

The smog motor 305, is getting a crate 350 w/headers, eldebrock,.....or maybe a I-6 292? My 73 C10 292 gets > 20 mpg

It will be < 10K when done, and no Chineiseum parts

Winter stuff I still like early S10s. I have an 89 baja package 4.3 S10. I can work on it without a computer. I don't like fuel pump in gas tank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another vehicle time-1985-c10b.jpg  

Last edited by Mad Trapper; 07-05-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    rice paddy daddy and bigwheel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post

I found a 80s chevy C10, 32K miles, all original not rust/rot. It has a heavy half and the Muncie creeper 4-speed. I can work on it with simple tools.

The smog motor 305, is getting a crate 350 w/headers, eldebrock,.....or maybe a I-6 292? My 73 C10 292 gets > 20 mpg

Winter stuff I still like early S10s. I have an 89 baja package 4.3 S10. I can work on it without a computer. I don't like fuel pump in gas tank.
    Like those wheels!!

Nice truck. I would buy an older chev but never a new one again. My needs were not for an older vehicle . Like them or not many of the newer vehicle run a long time with no issues.
    wife's c-max is at 100,000 tires, brakes and 1 battery . Grand daughter has the Fiesta I gave her at 45,000 with 150,000 on it now tire brakes, belt and battery. .
    Oldest sons 2015 Fusion is at 200,000 Tires , brakes, and an alignment. I just gave my Daughter the 2014 Focus I had 70,000 due for tires now other than that 1 set front brake pads. And I just always do rotors away now days. They are darn near all good now days

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

You might want to give that fine looking sled a DNA test. I had a chevy pick up El Camino of that era which clearly said..A product of Mexico. Seems like Honda now takes the honor of having the most American made parts. Did you know if you disassble a Harley Evolution Engiene from the 70s..it clearly says Made in Japan on some of the parts. Least thats what a guy said in Easy Rider Magazine in that general time frame.
    Smitty901 and stevekozak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    You might want to give that fine looking sled a DNA test. I had a chevy pick up El Camino of that era which clearly said..A product of Mexico. Seems like Honda now takes the honor of having the most American made parts. Did you know if you disassble a Harley Evolution Engiene from the 70s..it clearly says Made in Japan on some of the parts. Least thats what a guy said in Easy Rider Magazine in that general time frame.
    SShhhhhh!!! Don't tell Hawgrider!!!

I think most of us already know due to sell outs years ago Every auto maker uses Made in China parts. In many case you can not even get them made any where else. Sucks but that is the world we allowed to happen. pretty sure the Edge will serve us well.
    Had a big double birthday party today so have not driven it much yet.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links