Another vehicle time - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Another vehicle time

This is a discussion on Another vehicle time within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by A Watchman Three words for you ….. Jeep Grand Cherokee It's slightly larger than the base Cherokee model. I had seriously consider ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Another vehicle time

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Three words for you ….. Jeep Grand Cherokee

It's slightly larger than the base Cherokee model.
    I had seriously consider a Jeep product. One hold back was every person I know with one had a lot of problems with them. Not the minor annoying things but major ones . Front end issue engine ect. If My goal had been some off road I would have gone Jeep product. Anther reason on my list for this type vehicle was the bikes and ATV's. I have been lucky over the years never had to go bring one home but the time is coming and wanted to have the option to trailer on if needed.
    Now I need to find the right trailer. Car Truck SUV , cross over we have so many good options .
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

It's to late now but the Honda Pilot would have been my choice. Just like their bikes those Honda's run forever with no problems and still have great resale.

Seems strange that there would be so many 1-2 year old Edge's for sale. Wonder why??
    phrogman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    It's to late now but the Honda Pilot would have been my choice. Just like their bikes those Honda's run forever with no problems and still have great resale.

Seems strange that there would be so many 1-2 year old Edge's for sale. Wonder why??
    Lease program cars. You see it in every brand. A big money maker. people lease a vehicle one with a sticker of 40-50 grand . They drive it and carefully work to not go over the mileage . They turn it in at the end of the lease . Dealerships purchase them and resell them. I have never understood the average person leasing a car. But a lot more than you know are leased vehicles. The are marketed as program cars. Most still have balance factory warranty plus a 7/100,000 mile power train warranty. Bumper to bumper can be had at a low price with most of them. Did that with my C-max 9 years 140.000 miles every thing is covered except brakes and tires. GPS radio system fail at 90,000 miles cost me nothing. At the same time they did a emission system repair that was needed.
    Pilot is a fine light weight as is the 4 runner and others but they are designed for what I was looking for.
    Steve40th likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I just bought a 2019 Honda C RV AWD and I absolutely love it. I highly recommend.
    bigwheel likes this.
    Romans 10:9 KJV
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Lease program cars. You see it in every brand. A big money maker. people lease a vehicle one with a sticker of 40-50 grand . They drive it and carefully work to not go over the mileage . They turn it in at the end of the lease . Dealerships purchase them and resell them. I have never understood the average person leasing a car. But a lot more than you know are leased vehicles. The are marketed as program cars. Most still have balance factory warranty plus a 7/100,000 mile power train warranty. Bumper to bumper can be had at a low price with most of them. Did that with my C-max 9 years 140.000 miles every thing is covered except brakes and tires. GPS radio system fail at 90,000 miles cost me nothing. At the same time they did a emission system repair that was needed.
    Pilot is a fine light weight as is the 4 runner and others but they are designed for what I was looking for.
    Last I looked the 4 runners are a full frame vehicle. Not even in the same level as a unibody Edge. Just because they are small doesn't mean they are a lite weight. Pilot and a Edge are as close to the same as you can get.

I look at lease vehicle differently more like a rental vehicle. Someone got a new rig used the crap out of cause they knew it was going to be turned in. Didn't like it enough to buy it at lease end and moved on. Warranty has never been a reason for me to buy a particular vehicle. As I don't allow anyone to work on my rigs. Just because someone is employed at a dealership doesn't mean they will treat my rig like I will. Take 2 minutes and read online about all the stealership nightmares with people and warranties.

Besides at this point what difference does it make?? You already made your choice. Enjoy your new toy.
    Slippy likes this.

@Chipper Question for you Sir,

So a 4 Runner has what you call a full frame, I assume that is what I call a Body on Frame right? I've always heard that a SUV or Truck that has a Body on Frame is better for tow/hauling and off road?

The Unibody design is using a unique to that vehicle one piece body and frame that would give you a smoother ride and probably lighter weight? Is tht a fair understanding?
    inceptor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NewRiverGeorge View Post
    I just bought a 2019 Honda C RV AWD and I absolutely love it. I highly recommend.
    We have been the proud owner of 2 CRVs. Great little vehicles with a surprisingly smooth ride due to a longer wheel base than other smaller SUVS they claim. Think the first one had better quality control than the 2nd. I am currently madly in love with Toyotas and Lexus. We have an 8 year old Tundra with zero issues. It can pull a pretty big trailer which we thought we might use to pull a camper but I recalled out much a pain in the butt it was to mess with those things so we just stay at no tell motels on our infrequent outtings. Then I drive a 92 hot rod Lexus with 200 k on the dial which my brother gave me a few years back. Dang fine car right there. Also 8 cylinders which is sorta unusual for that brand. I can smoke all the tenny boppers in drag racing between the traffic lights. It shows 160 on the speeometer. The mechanic says it can prob still hit 140 but I will need new tires to test that hypothesis. I would not take a free Jeep.
    NewRiverGeorge likes this.

Banned

agree...you need Grand Cherokee
    Last edited by Denton; 07-05-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by adalah View Post
    agree...you need Grand Cherokee
    Interesting. You seem to have an invisible url attached to your posts. @rice paddy daddy will be with you, shortly.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I have a son and a pal with with the little 4 cylinder Jeep Suvs. Renegade maybe. They both love them to pieces. We took a pretty long road trip in the boys and it was very comfortable. The pal is an old retired yankee truck driver who goes back and forth to yankee land a lot and all he does is brag on his..biotch about Texas drivers etc.
    https://www.jeep.com/renegade.html

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links