One of Those Nights
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

One of Those Nights

This is a discussion on One of Those Nights within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I don’t consider myself a drinking man, or one given to depression. If something gets to be too much for my pea-brain to manage, I ...

Like Tree21Likes
  • 8 Post By pakrat
  • 1 Post By Alteredstate
  • 3 Post By dwight55
  • 2 Post By csi-tech
  • 1 Post By The Tourist
  • 3 Post By Annie
  • 2 Post By pakrat
  • 1 Post By SGT E

Thread: One of Those Nights

One of Those Nights

I don’t consider myself a drinking man, or one given to depression. If something gets to be too much for my pea-brain to manage, I give it over to The Lord and take faith the He’s got it covered… always has. But, tonight is one of those nights… no big troubles brewing or heavy-weight concerns.

I’m back home after six days on the road. Five minutes of watching The News tells me we’re still circle the drain and The Swamp ain’t nowhere near dried up yet. I’m not doubting The Lord. He’s got his time table and I’m good with that, but sometimes a man’s gotta stop all the what-if in his head, pour a little Elijah Craig Small Batch over ice, grab one of his wife’s world famous dinner biscuits, sit back and count the blessings and the good folks in his life.

This is one of those nights. It may not be fit for an Amen, but The Lord knows that to.
    Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart

Four roses on ice and Pepsi for me. Cuaght some fish tonight and filleted them out, watching the news now. Yep the world is a mess, but at our home it's close to heaven
    Slippy likes this.

Yep. Sometimes I feel like I'm letting my guard down by sitting back and taking a few simple pleasures... smelling the roses (or in your case, Four Roses) when there's a lot of bad stuff going on not too far from my front door. I just feel the need to enjoy that "life is good" mood once in a while and appreciate the basics... count blessings.

Bet those fish cooked up real nice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pakrat View Post

This is one of those nights. It may not be fit for an Amen, but The Lord knows that to.
    We all have those nights or days, pakrat, . . . folks handle them different ways, . . . but including the Lord in the process is always advisable and will always provide results.

AND, . . . if He is involved, . . . it's an Amen day, . . .

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Annie, A Watchman and Denton like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pakrat View Post
    I don’t consider myself a drinking man, or one given to depression. If something gets to be too much for my pea-brain to manage, I give it over to The Lord and take faith the He’s got it covered… always has. But, tonight is one of those nights… no big troubles brewing or heavy-weight concerns.

I’m back home after six days on the road. Five minutes of watching The News tells me we’re still circle the drain and The Swamp ain’t nowhere near dried up yet. I’m not doubting The Lord. He’s got his time table and I’m good with that, but sometimes a man’s gotta stop all the what-if in his head, pour a little Elijah Craig Small Batch over ice, grab one of his wife’s world famous dinner biscuits, sit back and count the blessings and the good folks in his life.

That Elijah Craig is tasty stuff, although I wouldn't muck it up with ice. There is not much in life that a bit of bourbon and a good biscuit can't make better!!!

After I retired I had a severe bout with anxiety and depression. It was well documented here. I went through therapy for months. When I wasn't working I had time to just sit and think. Things I had long forgotten about resurfaced. I second guessed myself, Could I have done more? Why didn't I look in the duffle bag? where was her face? why am I here and they aren't? Those kinds of things. It was the lowest I had ever been. My wife, therapy and God got me through it. Now I just realize it's always going to be a part of me. Alcohol made it feel better for a while, but before long it just became a crutch. Hang in there. I got better with every passing day and I'm not there yet.
    A Watchman and Denton like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

I still have half a bottle of Patron in the closet. I haven't taken a sip in years, decades, maybe.

I look at it once in a while...
    Denton likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Super Moderator

"But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph"--OL Fatima

I have that tune on 1976-issued 'Eagles Greatest Hits' vinyl. I had to dig it out and listen to the whole album... Oh, the memories! Thanks.
    Prepared One and stevekozak like this.

It's now Friday night.....Blanton's neat! We only pay $50 a bottle for it here in Ky though! Talk about a markup!!!

https://www.budgetbottle.com/sku203_...SABEgJWPPD_BwE
    stevekozak likes this.

Sponsored Links