And for dinner I'll have...
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on And for dinner I'll have... within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; On the 'other forum,' one of the female members said that I looked like I was in my early fifties. It must have been the ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: And for dinner I'll have...

On the 'other forum,' one of the female members said that I looked like I was in my early fifties. It must have been the gray hair, just as thick as in my youth, and I do not have a wrinkle anywhere on my body, nowhere. If I died my hair to its original brown, I could fake my late 40s.

Oh, I have a strict regimen. Five hours sleep, go to the gym for two hours (50% aerobic, 50% lifting iron), no vices (be they tobacco, alcohol or redheads), I work everyday, I nap, and I try to have some fun. I move and run like a kid.

Yes, it sounds easy for a man in his early 50s--but in a few months I will turn 70 years old.

No, I'm not kidding, my doctor looks older than I do, and he's 15 years my junior. Girls flirt with me at the gym. I weigh within a few pounds of the early biking years. My guess is that I get this from my grandfather, who with two of his daughters all lived to be 94 years old.

But recently the topic turned to diet, and the woman from the old forum asked me what I ate. I said that this was easy, I eat the same meal; salmon and dark green vegetables, usually asparagus.

So, today when my wife set my plate before me, I snapped a picture. Yes, this is my real-deal, daily dinner. Oh, I have Medjool unpitted dates and pudding for a 10:00AM snack. But dinner is always "the dinner." If you're not hitting the gym and watching your diet, you might meet our Creator long before me.

...and I just punched another hole in my belt...

Click on the picture to enlarge.

And for dinner I'll have...-dsc02686.jpg
    Last edited by The Tourist; 06-13-2019 at 05:16 PM.
    Joe, bigwheel, Mish and 5 others like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Joe

Tourist The asparagus looks good. I love asparagus.

Wheres the beans?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Tourist The asparagus looks good. I love asparagus.
    So do I! My wife always goes to the local market and picks out the biggest buds she can find! It takes +/-25 minutes to slowly cook the salmon, and I go crazy at the other end of the house!

Don't forget the work-outs. I couldn't find my wife in the gym this morning, so I went up where they hide the good iron, and did another upper body. Turns out my wife had gotten some form of stomach problem, and just dosed off in the gym's in-house grill.

I felt bad, but great, all at the same time...

Edit: Yes, I do the beans, rarely, but I love them! That's another smell that drives me up a wall when waiting on dinner!

Super Moderator

That's amazing my friend. Good for you! Diet is everything, exercising is a help too. The meal looks yummy. I'll be right over.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    That's amazing my friend. Good for you! Diet is everything, exercising is a help too. The meal looks yummy. I'll be right over.
    Just about every decent store is owned by the same entrepreneur. He built the grocery store, the new theater, a strip mall, a Starbucks and a message parlor. The problem is that all of these places offer only the best of the best. I cannot find fresh salmon anywhere that is as good as at his grocery store!

BTW, Mish, if you get to Madison, look me up. First we go to the gym, then salmon...
    Mish likes this.

Hope those fish aint radioactive. Where do they come from? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Hope those fish aint radioactive. Where do they come from? Thanks.
    That's old news. But a few years ago they did pull some "suspect fish" out of Lake Michigan. Our fish comes from the 'paternoster' of lakes stemming from the Madison area. The only stuff those fish have sampled is beer, probably from some bar in Stoughton...
    bigwheel likes this.

Good for you. I've already ruined myself with years and years worth of MRE's and other crap....so now I just plan on sliding into heaven looking worn out and used up and saying damn that was fun.

As prepers remember asparagus is a great pay back crop. Once you have your sets in it takes about three years plant enough and you are good for a life time.
    To night was un-breaded Cat fish. A little pasta and mixed veggy.
    Marica likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links