Always get a receipt and check it before leaving the store

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Always get a receipt and check it before leaving the store within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; A lot of stores are now asking if you need a receipt-otherwise you donít get one. Best Buy, and Olive Garden give you the choice ...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 7 Post By paraquack
  • 4 Post By Sasquatch
  • 3 Post By hawgrider
  • 1 Post By Sasquatch
  • 1 Post By 0rocky
  • 2 Post By Boss Dog

Thread: Always get a receipt and check it before leaving the store

A lot of stores are now asking if you need a receipt-otherwise you donít get one. Best Buy,
    and Olive Garden give you the choice to have it sent by email.

My story is worth reading if shopping at stores with a credit card, some stores do not automatically
    hand you a receipt anymore if the sale is under $25 - $30. You must ask for it...
    My wife and I went shopping at a big name retail store. I popped my CC into the machine and when
    I glanced at the receipt as the cashier gave it to me, I spotted a cash out of $20.
    I told the cashier I didn't request any cash and to delete it. The clerk said I would have to take the $20
    cash because their was no way he couldn't delete it. I demanded to see a supervisor. The woman
    supervisor came and said I'd have to take it. I told her, NO! If I took the $20, it would be a cash
    advance against my CC and I wasn't going to paying interest on a cash advance. If they couldn't delete
    it then they would have to delete the whole order and waste my time.
    The supervisor finally deleted everything and told the clerk to ring everything up again! This time, I
    watched the electronic display of the POS. Low an behold the "cash-back" of $20 popped up again. I
    demanded he delete it. This time the total came out right. The male clerk says the electronic pad must
    be defective. I seriously felt the cashier knew the electronic pad was defective because he never offered
    me any cash after the first transaction. So how many other people went through this line before me.

A few weeks later I was talking with friends about the incident and woman said she shopped at some
    department store and had a similar incident. The woman felt she being pushed by the cashier (figured
    it was her break time) to take her purchases and get going, but never handed her the receipt. The
    woman asked the for the receipt and the cashier seemed annoyed stating her register hadnít printed the
    receipt. After fiddling with the register, she finally printed receipt and gave it to her. The woman didn't
    check her receipt until later when she was putting the clothes away. This receipt too, showed that she
    had asked for $20 cash. Like me, she did not ask for any cash, nor was she given it! She quickly called
    the store and complained. She got a call from the store the next day. Their security people reviewed the
    video tape but never saw the cashier take any money from the register. But they were nice enough to
    tell the woman this was a new scam by employees. Sometime after the bogus transagtion, a confederate
    to the employee come through the register and pay for something with cash and the register clerk hands
    all the scammed $20 bills to this confederate.
    Start checking your receipts, you are bound to get screwed by this scam.
    If anyone else has ifo, please add it so we can learn without losing our cash.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Another reason to pay cash.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    hawgrider, Denton, Chipper and 1 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Another reason to pay cash.

I mostly still use only cash. Using cash seems to piss off the new breed of cashiers that cant make change.
    Denton, Sasquatch and Annie like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    I mostly still use only cash. Using cash seems to piss off the new breed of cashiers that cant make change.
    All the more reason to do it.

hawgrider likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Scam indeed

Thanks @paraquack for the heads up. As I was reading your submission I said to myself ďsounds like a scamĒ before you confirmed. I tend to get complacent these days and needed a wake-up call. At 20 bucks a transaction, a clerk can do quite well for his/herself and the store is less concerned as itís no money out of their pocket.

Not trying to steal the thread but Iím of the opinion that there is an effort to eliminate the use of paper money. A C- note doesnít go very far and if theyíre not going to reissue 500 dollar denominations I get the feeling Uncle Sam would prefer all transactions go digital. Just my 2Ę.
    Annie likes this.
    Imagine 2nd amendment scrutiny applied to any other amendment. For Example you can speak freely in Montana but not in Massachusetts.

It irks me to no end when they don't hand me the receipt and I have to ask for it. It prints anyway, but they won't give it to you unless you ask for it. There have been a couple places where they don't even print receipts and when you ask, they have to look it up and print it. Then I take my time and read it while in line, and THAT irks them.
    hawgrider and paraquack like this.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Sponsored Links