Beans - How do you eat them - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Beans - How do you eat them

This is a discussion on Beans - How do you eat them within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Well, I love beans, but I'm not sure they should be a regular dinner side order. Anyone know about the bad stuff? Like calorie load, ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Beans - How do you eat them

Well, I love beans, but I'm not sure they should be a regular dinner side order.

Anyone know about the bad stuff? Like calorie load, any oils, and the dreaded down time in your colon?

The last thing people our age need is an oily ball that refuses to move.

Yikes, I just heard my mind say, "... John Mayall, "ROOM TO MOVE"..."
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

I open a can of great northern beans and add, 1 avocado large chop, 1 vine tomato large chop, dried habanero, bacon, crumbled goat cheese, cilantro, garlic powder, salt and the juice of 1 lime... I eat it like a salad and it’s pretty good.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Beans are one of God's most perfect foods..ranking up near Mothers Milk. They only give gas to yankees who dont eat em often. Try bringing them to a boil for one miniute. Add a lid..cut off the fire and let them set one hour. Dump off the juice and start over with fresh water and cook till done. Try that and report back. Thanks.
    https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/5...ds-dried-beans
    Last edited by bigwheel; 06-14-2019 at 08:07 PM.
    KUSA likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Beans are one of God's most perfect foods..ranking up near Mothers Milk. They only give gas to yankees who dont eat em often. Try bringing them to a boil for one miniute. Add a lid..cut off the fire and let them set one hour. Dump off the juice and start over with fresh water and cook till done. Try that and report back. Thanks.
    https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/5...ds-dried-beans
    Beef is is the perfect food. Beans are for those who won't eat the sacred cow.
    MisterMills357 and bigwheel like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

im fixing up a big ole batch of beans n ham with pinto bean seasoning added.and i'll be making corn bread muffins later.
    bigwheel likes this.

I have started making pinto beans and brown rice, with fried cornbread; and I am happy to say that it is working for me.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 06-22-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    bigwheel likes this.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

Quote Originally Posted by Yavanna View Post
    Beans is a national dish in Brazil
    Speaking of dishes from Brazil, could you introduce me to "The Girl From Ipanema." Yeah, I was 14 years old when they played a vignette of a pretty girl at Rio de Janeiro. I didn't talk to a blonde American girl for over six months!
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I can't help it. I have that old poem running through my head. The one from grade school that starts out, "beans, beans, they're good for your heart." And I'll stop right there because its not very polite, because the next line rhymes with heart. Yeah.
    Reminds me of the old boy scout song we all learned. My girl friend has freckles on her butt..shes purty.

Quote Originally Posted by jimLE View Post
    im fixing up a big ole batch of beans n ham with pinto bean seasoning added.and i'll be making corn bread muffins later.
    I was raised on fried corn bread since my Mamas oven broke and we was too broke to fix it. I tired to pay attention on the oven cooked variant of which she made the best...but the fiied cornbread is still sort of a mystery. What do we need to know about how to make it? Thanks. One of my old partners Mamas from NC made us up some fried things about the size of a egg and using white cornmeal Best dang stuff I ever ate. She called em Fritters I think. She say it was not cornbread. Think it might pass for what some folks call hot water corn bread. You ever made that?
    hawgrider likes this.

Navy beans with a big hamhock slow cooking all day. Then served with fresh cut onions and corn bread.
    bigwheel likes this.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links